1995 Price List - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 6th, 2016, 04:47 PM
1994 NAS Defender 90
At any rate... no, both Arles Blue 90s were sold about 10 years ago. Luckily, I do have a minty 29k mile 1994 Portofino soft top that is as original as can be I bought two years ago. I only wish it were blue.

Foreign Motors West was also a Rolls/Bentley, Mercedes and BMW dealership when they took on Land Rover/Range Rover. I remember the introduction of the NAS110 and how many of us dirtbags there were in the showroom. Oddly, a year later, when we went to buy the first 90, they had two very low mileage NAS 110s on the used lot at $27k. I remember this because it was less than a base 90 and there were fears of plummeting value ala an Audi 5000 experience a decade earlier. As I understood things, many Range Rover owners traded in on the 110 and just as quickly traded out into LWBs. Whether the market was flooded with 5,000 mile 110s or not, I don't know - but a $13k loss in a year must have hurt badly.

It was fun looking through the hedge rows and seeing all of the 90s with no tops or door tops on them at all - just the tonneau - amidst all of the much more expensive hardware.

Old March 6th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Lemonhead and vtlandrover - best thread I have read on D-90 in a while. Thanks for the stories and history lesson!

My only contribution to the "mid school" Rover stuff is dreaming of buying a wrecked RRC out of the Want Ad digest which was based in New England ( their office was on 128 IIRC) and almost as thick as a phone book and came out bi-weekly in a different color each edition. It was the gear-head bible pre-Internet. This is while I was living in Boston during the mid 90's and broke as hell.

Old March 6th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Marc Brouwer
66 IIa 88 Perkins powered
Originally Posted by vtlandrover View Post
A big nostalgia day for me!

I spent much of my day collecting the 88" Series I below. A friend bought it in 1973 as a kid and fiddled with it for much of his young adulthood; he then stored it for quite a while and brought it over to another friend to do some engine work. Unfortunately another buddy saw fit to push it outside... 15 years ago. I only today learned of that last detail. So, while it has been gifted to me, I am still thinking it needs an enormous amount of work.

from the rear axle it looks like 1956, might be 86" nice truck..

on the NAS 90 story I hard the option of NAS POE HT 90 at like 6k off list price or NAS 110 2 years old , price was the same high 20's... still kicking myself for having gone the 90 route. It was May 20th of 1995 the day after graduation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat