1995 NAS D90 SW - Price Check? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 24th, 2017, 09:02 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
If you and the family like this truck don't let it go. I've been there and felt your pain re out-growing the 90. Believe me Eventually a kid will start driving and you'll not need the extra room cause hopefully they're busy doing more important stuff and never home.

Whether you sell or not Your 90 is enough right out of the box. Remove what you don't use so you're not driving a Swiss Army knife. I feel like when folks over accessorize they get bored quickly unless constantly adding new gadgets. Eventually you end up with a truck you don't need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2017, 09:10 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

http://eastcoastrover.com/133.html

Being it is an ecr truck I'm not sure I would remove anything. I would still change the tires but otherwise I would leave it alone.

With the low miles and the receipt from ecr that had to be a ton of cash you will easily get good money for it.

Don't waste your time removing parts. Sure you could get 5k for all the accessories but I bet having the ecr work left alone as it left their shop is worth more than the 5k.

Call Mike, get a copy of the work order if you don't have it and a sticker for the truck and sell it as is.
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:14 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
1995 NAS Defender 90 Wagon

Being it is an ecr truck I'm not sure I would remove anything. I would still change the tires but otherwise I would leave it alone.

With the low miles and the receipt from ecr that had to be a ton of cash you will easily get good money for it.

Don't waste your time removing parts. Sure you could get 5k for all the accessories but I bet having the ecr work left alone as it left their shop is worth more than the 5k.

Call Mike, get a copy of the work order if you don't have it and a sticker for the truck and sell it as is.

I concur. Sell as is. The ECR connection adds a lot of value. I would be interested in it as is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2017, 09:17 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Why do you think it looks resprayed?
Looks extra clean with depth associated with a clear coat and how the rear threshold presents.
As many here have suggested, don't sell! Remove the bits of flair (slider shackles, snorkel, limb risers, and replace the swampers for 255/85 KM2s for similar but more understated look and still complement your 4:11 gears) and enjoy forever. It is save to assume the return on investment will outpaced the market and qualifying for historic tags will only lower your cost of ownership. Can't wait for 2019 in my case.

Another ECR blurb for this D90:
http://eastcoastrover.com/221.html
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:17 AM
stnmikita
Brian
1995 Defender SW

The guys at ECR were outstanding. It took a LONG time but I was quite sure that everything was done correctly and gone over thoroughly. The sticker IS in the back window and to me and for my peace of mind, it was worth every penny. They simply do amazing work.

------ Follow up post added January 24th, 2017 09:21 AM ------

You found my baby!

Here is another thread from their site that details the work done to install the AC and a few other bits. I think you also get a good shot of the bulkhead in there too.

NAS 1995 Defender 90 Wagon #57/500

Quote:
1995 NAS Defender 90 Wagon

Old January 24th, 2017, 09:21 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Looks extra clean with depth associated with a clear coat and how the rear threshold presents. As many here have suggested, don't sell! Remove the bits of flair (slider shackles, snorkel, and replace the swampers for 255/85 KM2s for similar but more understated look) and enjoy forever. It is save to assume the return on investment will outpaced the market and qualifying for historic tags will only lower your cost of ownership. Can't wait for 2019 in my case.
Threshold looks like it is missing metal lip and the paint always goes to trash under there.

Easy fix.

I agree on the tires but again I wouldn't remove anything else. Even the rack was worked on by ecr.

Sell as is!!!!

------ Follow up post added January 24th, 2017 06:23 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
The guys at ECR were outstanding. It took a LONG time but I was quite sure that everything was done correctly and gone over thoroughly. The sticker IS in the back window and to me and for my peace of mind, it was worth every penny. They simply do amazing work. ------ Follow up post added January 24th, 2017 09:21 AM ------ You found my baby! Here is another thread from their site that details the work done to install the AC and a few other bits. I think you also get a good shot of the bulkhead in there too. NAS 1995 Defender 90 Wagon #57/500
More provenance. All this stuff adds value.

Personally I wouldn't sell but if I had to this will bring top dollar.
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:24 AM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Why are you selling it Again?

The ECR stuff adds value - i would remove the shackles from the sliders and just throw them in with the truck if sold.

Low miles and reversible but high quality mod's ~ 58-60k ish

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:46 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It's worth more than 60. Easily 65 to 70.

It has lowing miles and ecr mods.

For the average guy (not on message boards all day) looking for a truck that is already done, this is a no brainer.
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Roman from Copley should be PMing you in 3..2...1
Old January 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
RomanCM
Roman
94/D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Yep having an ECR sticker and a Copley licence plate frame adds perceived value.
Love it....ECR sticker and Copley plates...we get calls for people wanting plates and see dealers selling trucks like the one that just sold 97 Beluga Black 110 restored to a beach runner type truck. It was advertised by another dealer with our plates. Sold quick.

As for perceived value everyone should due their own due diligence and make sure the truck is what someone describes it to be. We try to by them all the time and usually have to verify what ECR actually did some out there make the claim but then all they had done is a few service items rather then a full restore.

This is a cool truck but I would agree that bringing it back to stock appeals to more, and the off road parts are worth more here then on the truck.

------ Follow up post added January 24th, 2017 09:53 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
Roman from Copley should be PMing you in 3..2...1
Good Call...I have talked to a few off this forum and everyone is great...if anything its just a nice conversation about someone's defender. Hard to buy a truck with mods like this but it is a great looking truck and someone would love it.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCM View Post
Love it....ECR sticker and Copley plates...we get calls for people wanting plates and see dealers selling trucks like the one that just sold 97 Beluga Black 110 restored to a beach runner type truck. It was advertised by another dealer with our plates. Sold quick. As for perceived value everyone should due their own due diligence and make sure the truck is what someone describes it to be. We try to by them all the time and usually have to verify what ECR actually did some out there make the claim but then all they had done is a few service items rather then a full restore. This is a cool truck but I would agree that bringing it back to stock appeals to more, and the off road parts are worth more here then on the truck. ------ Follow up post added January 24th, 2017 09:53 AM ------ Good Call...I have talked to a few off this forum and everyone is great...if anything its just a nice conversation about someone's defender. Hard to buy a truck with mods like this but it is a great looking truck and someone would love it.

That black 97 with Copley plates was from your dealership. Next owner had that dealer sell it.

This truck has the website to verify what was done.

Your dealership has sold ecr defenders with more mods. Look at the willow auto td5 110 you guys sold before you started.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:03 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Hard to buy a truck with mods like this but ...
Nice blood in the water comment. The sharks are trolling.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:08 AM
RomanCM
Roman
94/D90

Quote:
That black 97 with Copley plates was from your dealership. Next owner had that dealer sell it.

This truck has the website to verify what was done.

Your dealership has sold ecr defenders with more mods. Look at the willow auto td5 110 you guys sold before you started.
Yes you are completely right and most times they have come through us more then once..1993 D.110s are the hardest to get but when they do always have a great market and fastest sales.

What I meant buy hard to buy is when someone has a D90 done up its a great truck but like everyone here has confirmed the average buyer getting a defender likes to buy the stock trucks so they can either enjoy the stock truck or make it their own and do their own customizing. Like I said I would agree with everyone here that taking off the accessories and selling them separate will net someone a higher return
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM
phoenix37
john

Registry
Best way to make friends on here Roman is to pull off the accessories and offer them to the community at reasonable prices once you've acquired the truck.. Just saying. But id agree with the previous posts that an ECR enhanced truck is going to common a premium and leave it alone except for the side shackles. Cant remember when it was a good idea to recover a vehicle by pulling it sideways.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:16 AM
RomanCM
Roman
94/D90

Quote:
Best way to make friends on here Roman is to pull off the accessories and offer them to the community at reasonable prices once you've acquired the truck.. Just sayin.
LOL you should see our basement and garages full of all kinds of parts its a Defender hoarders show for sure....
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:19 AM
phoenix37
john

Registry
Quote:
LOL you should see our basement and garages full of all kinds of parts its a Defender hoarders show for sure....
well what the hell are you waiting for?! Dangle some treats in front of the community and you will make friends quickly.
Old January 24th, 2017, 10:22 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Like I said I would agree with everyone here that taking off the accessories and selling them separate will net someone a higher return
Not everyone
Old January 30th, 2017, 04:46 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

I have known this 90 since the day it rolled out of the dealership in MA (Metro-West) back in the day. Great truck with a known history.

I say keep it, but if you really need to sell it let me know. I'll help you find a home for it and won't even offer to buy it.

------ Follow up post added January 30th, 2017 04:49 PM ------

Quote:
Best way to make friends on here Roman is to pull off the accessories and offer them to the community at reasonable prices once you've acquired the truck.. Just saying. But id agree with the previous posts that an ECR enhanced truck is going to common a premium and leave it alone except for the side shackles. Cant remember when it was a good idea to recover a vehicle by pulling it sideways.
Those are our first generation sliders. The side points where for bringing it back from a roll over and in certain nasty side hill situations you can use the truck's winch to move forward while a second point is attached to the side to not allow a slide down the hill.

We took that truck everywhere.
ECR in Labrador 1

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
1995, 90, 95, d90, nas