Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
1800 Contacts - Relaying Good Experience

I still hate FedEx, but don't hate 1800 Contacts. I figured I'd relay my good experience I had 1800 contacts this week since some people probably need to use up their vision plan before the end of the year

FedEx suspiciously always "loses" my packages at this time of year - anything that isn't signature required. $200 of Amazon books and gifts? They have no idea where they went - but then somehow were able to SHIP IT BACK to Amazon a week later. Now this week for my $600 in contacts? FedEx shows it as delivered, but no idea where they delivered it to.

First off, 1800 Contacts wasn't the cheapest for contacts when I was looking - they were about $15 more per box, I told them I'd be going elsewhere because their price had gone up $10 over the past year, per box. They then matched the best price I had found, and then BEAT IT by 2% per their policy (I had no idea of this). Then, when my shipment was lost the other day, I filed a claim with FedEx, then called 1800Contacts today and they immediately sent out my $600 contacts - they sent them out next day air, and they even sent it to a new address - no questions asked, etc. I had them all shipped to my gf's work this time, signature required, etc. etc. All for free.

Pretty awesome for a big ticket item like this. I know they're a huge company - that's what impressed me even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
They let me re-up my order without going to the eye doctor!.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
gf just said the newly ordered contacts I ordered yesterday already arrived at her work. Pretty awesome! Won't be blind for Christmas, which is nice (I wear dailies).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I'm surprised you've had so many problems with FedEx! Maybe it's the local delivery guy...I belive each guy "owns" the route, similar to contracting. I've never had an issue (that wasn't my fault). Guess I'm a lucky one.
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Bill, I believe that's true of the Fedex home delivery service -- they get loaded up at the facility then take the truck (and the packages in it) home. This is where it always unravels in my experience.
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
It's always around this time of year, too. I can get stuff shipped throughout the year and only have a problem with the driver from USPS who I don't think ever actually goes out to deliver anything, he/she just marks it all as delivered and puts it in a pile at the facility for us to pick up...

Random crap of mine always gets lost at this time of year - contacts, new catalytic converters (last year), books (this year and last), there's definitely more, just can't think of them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, relay