$18,000 Check and a Busted Up 90 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
california
Status: Offline
Geoff M
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles USA
Posts: 123
A guy in my neighborhood has a fully restored d90 after it was in a bad accident, he took the opportunity to do everything it seems. it looks new. I have no idea what it cost.

The paintjob was done properly but it still does not look as good as my worn out d90 of the same color. I am not sure why aftermarket paint rarely looks as good as factory.

It has a British Car Service plate holder, so I assume they did the work.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
phoenix37's Avatar
phoenix37
Status: Offline
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice, CA/Yarmouth,ME
Posts: 5,783
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
id get it fixed. park it in the same spot. watch it every night. just wait for the bastards to do it again.

....while i am watching it i would have a nice shotgun loaded to the max with an m4 and glock as backup. teach em a lesson.
Unfortunately if you shoot em your the one that goes to jail. Especially if its parked on the street. I had the mirrors, headlight and tail lights stolen off my porsche right in front of my house 3 times! I stayed up one night with my AR 15 on my lap waiting for the bastard. Never saw him. Then one morning im leaving my house at 5am and see a guy in a black hooded sweatshirt bending down to "tie his shoes" next to me car. Im almost sure that was the guy but If I shot him id be screwed.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:34 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by california
A guy in my neighborhood has a fully restored d90 after it was in a bad accident, he took the opportunity to do everything it seems. it looks new. I have no idea what it cost.

The paintjob was done properly but it still does not look as good as my worn out d90 of the same color. I am not sure why aftermarket paint rarely looks as good as factory.

It has a British Car Service plate holder, so I assume they did the work.
Land rover didnt exactly paint these trucks to a high standard. Done right it could look a 1000 times better than factory. You just need a good shop.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM
GYM's Avatar
GYM
Status: Offline
Gary
97 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
Unfortunately if you shoot em your the one that goes to jail. Especially if its parked on the street. I had the mirrors, headlight and tail lights stolen off my porsche right in front of my house 3 times! I stayed up one night with my AR 15 on my lap waiting for the bastard. Never saw him. Then one morning im leaving my house at 5am and see a guy in a black hooded sweatshirt bending down to "tie his shoes" next to me car. Im almost sure that was the guy but If I shot him id be screwed.
...and, of course this incident happened in Maine, not CA, right?
(since we all know CA's position on AR's and all...)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
airbornrover's Avatar
airbornrover
Status: Offline
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Land by parkway and 33
Posts: 1,882
A rifle is a good idea and I do love a good rifle shooting at numnuts. But I think an "accidental" short in the wiring would be a whole lot more fun to "electrocute" (shock the f*** out of him) the guy when he touched your car. Or some kind of pepper spray/dye/stink bomb covering most of his body. Then post it on youtube if you were feeling so inclined.
__________________
Quote:
Just to be clear, i was not bragging. i was calling you a pussy. Ren Ching
There is nothing as permanent as a temporary fix. JSBriggs
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM
GaryBaxter's Avatar
GaryBaxter
Status: Offline
Gary Baxter
None
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: York, ME
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM

...and, of course this incident happened in Maine, not CA, right?
(since we all know CA's position on AR's and all...)
We don't strip Porsches in Maine, we strip ATVs.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
evilfij's Avatar
evilfij
Status: Offline
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: on the internet
Posts: 14,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigd View Post
When I was in a wreck it cost $3,600 just to fix a door. I'm not sure $18,000 is enough???
WTF

Someone come hit my door. I thought I did well with $1800 for a bent chrome bumper on my LWB.
__________________
*not legal advice*
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:53 PM
phoenix37's Avatar
phoenix37
Status: Offline
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice, CA/Yarmouth,ME
Posts: 5,783
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
...and, of course this incident happened in Maine, not CA, right?
(since we all know CA's position on AR's and all...)
Ha no it all happened in CA. I have a pre ban AR. The keys stay in the ignition of all the cars in Maine.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:45 PM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,522
Registry
Its just to bad you can't shoot people
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Broncoduecer's Avatar
Broncoduecer
Status: Offline
peter
D90
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NV
Posts: 1,433
So is the title salvage now? Or still clear?
We had a bunch of assholes in Elko shoot out windows in the last few weekends on all the work and mine trucks in town, rumored to be about the OWS or some crap like that.

Sad people do that sort of thing to anyone.

Sorry to hear about it, hope it all works out.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:14 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoduecer
So is the title salvage now? Or still clear?
We had a bunch of assholes in Elko shoot out windows in the last few weekends on all the work and mine trucks in town, rumored to be about the OWS or some crap like that.

Sad people do that sort of thing to anyone.

Sorry to hear about it, hope it all works out.
His title was already a salvage. At this point it's like double jeopardy.
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 16th, 2011, 12:22 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
That was a salvage title already?
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:51 AM
silby32's Avatar
silby32
Status: Offline
Josh Silberman
1997 D-90 #123 SW
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 171
Well the title was a salvage while in Alabama, But is now a Clear title in CA. I live in LA on the west side. Whomever trashed my truck also trashed a civic and burned a trash can in the middle of the road, cops came...it was nuts. I wish I took pics, but unfortunately didnt. You think I could really get 15 for a keyed up 97 with 140k miles, but runs great? If i caught these guys their heads would be mounted above my mantel
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:18 AM
phoenix37's Avatar
phoenix37
Status: Offline
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Venice, CA/Yarmouth,ME
Posts: 5,783
Registry
If you run a carfax does it show the title was salvaged at one time? If so I wouldnt put 18k into that truck.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
NoVaKevin
Status: Offline
Kevin
sold#1469
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 444
i remember not too long ago that a keyed up green d90 was up for sale, and it was in great shape otherwise. iiirc it went for good money.

maybe horsey can locate it.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:01 AM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin
i remember not too long ago that a keyed up green d90 was up for sale, and it was in great shape otherwise. iiirc it went for good money.

maybe horsey can locate it.
I think you're talking about that beautiful low miles green one that went for around $10-12k. It looked like an axe had been taken to every single panel, the Badger top had been thrashed, as had the seats by an angry wife.

------ Follow up post added November 16th, 2011 08:07 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho

I think you're talking about that beautiful low miles green one that went for around $10-12k. It looked like an axe had been taken to every single panel, the Badger top had been thrashed, as had the seats by an angry wife.
Found it.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30276
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
ron's Avatar
ron
Status: Offline
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Harwichport MA
Posts: 5,364
post up pics someone may step up for $15,000
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
How could you go from salvage in Alabama to clear in ca? I guess it doesn't matter as anyone who looks up the history would see salvage past.

Get some pics and list it up here
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 16th, 2011, 05:12 PM
california
Status: Offline
Geoff M
97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles USA
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
How could you go from salvage in Alabama to clear in ca? I guess it doesn't matter as anyone who looks up the history would see salvage past.

Get some pics and list it up here
Yeah. That is really weird. I am also surprised you can get normal insurance on a salvaged vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,416
Registry
Id say you'd made out damn well. 18K for a fuel pump and some body work.

FIx it for 8k, spend 10 on hookers and booze
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Copyright