110fender - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 17th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

So I have to tell the community about a member here. When I was working at Safari HP I had the pleasure of doing some business with Devon 110fender. I sold him some parts for some of his projects. He told me he was selling a 110 to a Brian LostChord who lived in Fl.

Stephen and myself had the pleasure of meeting Brian on our way back from the 30a rally. We checked out his nice original 5 door. It had a 2.5 NA that was tired and in need of a rebuild.

A few weeks later Brian was calling about a 200TDI swap. He had spoken to Devon to let him know that the engine had taken a turn for the worse. Not to complain , but just to let him know.

Things progressed and the truck was brought to Safari for the swap. A week or so goes by and I receive a call from Devon asking me to take a video of the truck running. I did and sent it to him. A few minutes later he calls back and explains he has a couple of Defender 200tdi engines coming to the states and wants to give one to Brian to make things right with the truck.

I want you all to know that Devon did this on his own free will and ended up giving the engine to him. This is one of the reasons that make this forum so special. It's people like Devon that make it that way.

Old September 17th, 2015, 07:56 PM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
That's great. I've always liked most of Devin/Devon's imported trucks it's his NAS ads that can get a little sketchy from time to time. Great to see he went above and beyond for Brian though.

Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Old September 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE
There are a lot of good, no, great people on this forum.

Jim Pendleton in Wichita has helped me a lot for which I'm appreciative.
Black Rhino Lives Matter
Old September 18th, 2015, 02:08 PM
86 D110 SW
Needless to say, I was pretty amazed by what Devin did. And he didn't even call me to say he was doing it; he just did it. Abe called me from Safari to tell me in one of those "you're not gonna believe this" conversations. Devin is a genuinely nice guy with great character and this is just one example of it.

I have no hesitation about recommending 110fender. To those interested, PM me if you'd like. I'm happy to discuss my experience.

Abe - I'm still working on the FL rally trip. I'll keep you posted. Hope to see you there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat