Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 21st, 2014, 10:55 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

07 LR3 can't get all SiriusXM channels

So has anyone else run into this issue?
I knew I had the top SiriusXM package and should get all the games, but while driving from SLC on Sunday I couldn't find the NHL playoffs. So I called them up and they said my vehicle is too old and doesn't support the new channels.

Can the dealer flash new firmware or is the antenna just not made to get the new channels?

Funny this has been going on for two years and just catch on to it now.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2014, 11:03 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Jimmy, clean-up on isle 3. JimmyJamz clean-up on isle 3.
Old May 21st, 2014, 11:07 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
If it cannot be updated, I wonder if an LR4 module could be made to work? I know people have successfully put the LR4 bluetooth modules in the LR3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:22 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
If it cannot be updated, I wonder if an LR4 module could be made to work? I know people have successfully put the LR4 bluetooth modules in the LR3
Really? I've never heard of that! Big Improvement in sound quality and connectivity I imagine. You can try a Software/Firmware Update, but my guess is that the Dealer won't know whether it will make a difference or not until they do it and charge you for it. Might be worth the Hr. of labor or so to find out though...
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:00 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd

Registry
I don't see an update for the sat radio on the nanocom website, but that could be just because they haven't tested the update yet. They don't have Bluetooth updates listed currently, but they are working on it. I'm not sure what SDD has available for the dealer.

Here is the Bluetooth mod:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53302.html
Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I thought it was interesting to say the least. The gal on the customer service side for SiriusXM said that the radio wasn't capable of getting the correct frequencies for the higher channels. Sometimes I wonder if the customer service people know what the real issue is, but I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I might give the dealer a shout today.

------ Follow up post added May 22nd, 2014 07:41 AM ------

Just called the dealer in SLC. They said they haven't heard of this issue before. Might just stop by next time I'm in SLC and see if my stuff is all up to date. Interesting....
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd

Registry
So looking in microcat, late 2006 and up sat radio module crosses up to the early LR4 modules:

XRA500160 -> LR023922

I'm not sure if the limitation is in the module or the head unit though. If it's even there at all. What are some stations numbers you cannot get to? I only have "mostly music" so I might not be able to get to them anyway, but it's worth a try. Also, have you tried typing the number in directly?
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
I have not signed up my 06' SE for SiriusXM yet. Any deals out there or should I just go to their website?
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
I have not signed up my 06' SE for SiriusXM yet. Any deals out there or should I just go to their website?
I think I called them when I switched from my Acura to the Land Rover. They wanted to charge me to switch. I told them I wasn't going to pay and that if they wanted to keep getting my monthly service fee they should switch me for free. The guy on the phone said they weren't going to. So I said cancel my service. He switched me to the cancellation department and it seems THAT team will do whatever it takes to keep you from cancelling. I think I got like 4 months free in addition to my service being switched to the new vehicle.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:30 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
The dealership can update the software, but I don't know that the software is your issue.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

Quote:
So looking in microcat, late 2006 and up sat radio module crosses up to the early LR4 modules:

XRA500160 -> LR023922

I'm not sure if the limitation is in the module or the head unit though. If it's even there at all. What are some stations numbers you cannot get to? I only have "mostly music" so I might not be able to get to them anyway, but it's worth a try. Also, have you tried typing the number in directly?
Right, my channels top out at the 184 default one. And not much past like 150 I think. The hockey games were on 205 and 207 I think. And when I did the #205 it would just say invalid channel, or something like that.

I first noticed it a year ago when trying to find hockey again and later that year a NFL game. All in the 200s somewhere.
Thanks for the P/N. I'll look into that.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
I think I called them when I switched from my Acura to the Land Rover. They wanted to charge me to switch. I told them I wasn't going to pay and that if they wanted to keep getting my monthly service fee they should switch me for free. The guy on the phone said they weren't going to. So I said cancel my service. He switched me to the cancellation department and it seems THAT team will do whatever it takes to keep you from cancelling. I think I got like 4 months free in addition to my service being switched to the new vehicle.
I've never had a problem switching. Depending what nit wit you get on the phone it can take a torturous amount of time for them to punch their buttons and read you their entire BS Script, but I've never even heard of them asking for a fee to switch your service to a new car and I do it for customers as well as myself frequently.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, the older radios really cannot receive the channels that are carried on the new shared constellation of XM's Rhythm and Blues satellites, and Sirius' Radiosat fleet. If you have an older XM radio, it can't tune to channels being physically broadcast by Radiosat, and older Sirius radios can't tune to a channel on Rhythm or Blues.

The lady in the call center really was not lying to you. The freq ranges for each former company are right next to each other, so it's possible you could tweak the receiver to bring them in with a software update, but it all depends on how the hardware was designed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Yeah, the older radios really cannot receive the channels that are carried on the new shared constellation of XM's Rhythm and Blues satellites, and Sirius' Radiosat fleet. If you have an older XM radio, it can't tune to channels being physically broadcast by Radiosat, and older Sirius radios can't tune to a channel on Rhythm or Blues.

The lady in the call center really was not lying to you. The freq ranges for each former company are right next to each other, so it's possible you could tweak the receiver to bring them in with a software update, but it all depends on how the hardware was designed.
Thanks, Good to know!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
channel, lr3