Where Do You Put All Of It? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
The Wizard
Douglas Wozny
1994/ Defender 90 #500

Where Do You Put All Of It?

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but if it isn't I am sure someone will tell me. Been doing some research on the net about what to carry as an "off road kit". I am wondering after me, my girlfriend, the dog and all the "stuff" needed to enjoy a day of off roading where am I suppose to put all this other "stuff" people are telling me I need to carry? I do carry a basic "off road kit". First aid kit, recovery kit and a kit that would make an unexpected over night stay bearable. So, what do you take and where do you put it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

A rack helps with the long haul off road trip or week long camping trip. Also Troy designed boxes carry a lot of things in them. The one on my passengers side carries all my tools and the driver side carries all my spares. If I do a very long trip I will put my Pelican 1650 in the back with extra spares. I carry most of my recovery straps and winch things, rings, etc under the passenger seat.

What do you need to carry? or do you have anything huge that you aren't sure will fit?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:40 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

most of my tools, first aid kit, fire extinguisher are essentially strapped to the back of the front seats, gun box in the back has recovery gear and the roof rack for everything else if I'm bringing all the kids... otherwise it all just gets tied down in the back..
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:04 PM
The Wizard
Douglas Wozny
1994/ Defender 90 #500

A couple of things, one, I can't fit the D90 into my garage with a roof rack. Two my batteries are in the compartment under the driver's seat. For longer/camping trips I have a 1/4 ton military trailer I pull. Looked at a video on youtube of this Aussie with a D110 saying you should have all your fluids, fan belts (ok), all raditor hoses, maintenance manual, work light,and tools enough it looks like to do a complete overhaul(well maybe not that many). So where dopes it all go?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Thats an aussie for you. There like Mennonites, always gotta do more. (ex girlfriend is an aussie)
Old June 22nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I run two full size Try Smith boxes like Daniel for this reason as well. A trailer helps for the big stuff but as you know, you don't always have it with you, but the boxes are always there (and lockable).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events