Uwharrie Rover Expedition! 4 (URE!4) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old September 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

Uwharrie Rover Expedition! 4 (URE!4)

Welcome to the information page for the fourth annual Uwharrie Rover Expedition! (URE!4) This event will be held in the Uwharrie National Forest in Central North Carolina October 26-28, 2007. We certainly hope that you find the information below that you need, and that you have an opportunity to join us!

Our event is designed to offer challenges for varying levels of driving skill in an enthusiastic learning and celebratory environment. It’s an opportunity to visit the out-of-doors and witness the capability of these vehicles, and a time and place to participate in the commonality, which is pride of ownership, associated with Land Rovers.

Fees: If you are a member of the Old North State, and your dues are paid, the Camp Ground fee is $FREE. If you are not a member, then the campground fee is $25.00, the same as a membership. Everyone, member and non-member, must register either through the web site or at the campground. Pre-registration is most helpful because it allows us to plan a little better.

In keeping with supporting America's military, this event is free to Active Duty and Reserve members of our Armed Forces.

Trail fees are $5.00 a day, and are paid directly to the forest service at a pay station in the Outpost store near the campground. Both members and non-members are responsible for their own trail fees.

Consider this a family friendly event.

The fee for Saturday night supper is $5.00 per person. You can expect this meal to be a fried chicken dinner from Bojangles.

A weekend can sometimes be a lot of time to commit to something in this busy age we live in, or packing the whole family up for a weekend's camping can be a strain. So I would like to point out to our members
that if you can only participate for the day, please register any way and just come in on Saturday. A little rovering can go a long way. I know things are a little uncertain with the cost of fuel these days. That is why we think our very inexpensive, very close to home event would be the very best way to spend an October weekend.

Registration is now open and you will be able to register on line at the link below. We have PayPal as well as a physical mailing address to pay for the event:

http://theoldnorthstate.org/adventur.../urestart.html

Here is an example of what we are planning.

Contests:

· “Most Rover Looking Rover”

· “The Land Rover Least Likely To Get Home On Its Own Power"

· “The Hard Luck Award”

· “Best Halloween Campsite”

Contest winners are determined by registered participant’s ballots.

Led Trail Rides - Led Trail Rides in the Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) area of the Uwharrie National Forest. Two levels of trail rides will be offered.

· Icabod Crane--easiest and more difficult trails will be driven at this effort. While we are not sure you will lose your head, it could still happen.

· Great Pumpkin--An introduction to off-road driving. Only the easiest trails will be driven, but there is always the potential for damage.

· It is not necessary to join a led trail ride in order to enjoy the trails in the OHV park. If you are unfamiliar with the trails in the park, the led trips can make your adventure a little less stressful.

Prizes - Participation in the driving events, (led trail rides) by registered drivers, earns tickets that can be redeemed during the evening’s give away drawings. Those who pre-register, who buy the supper, or who purchase an item during the Charity auction will earn additional tickets to be used in the drawings.

As you might well imagine, many things must fall into place to successfully execute such an effort. At the society, we are well along in the process of satisfying those planning, financial, and logistical requirements normally associated with events of this type.

Last year we had some people who arrived and participated in the trail rides, camped in the group, ate Saturday night’s supper, enjoyed the rover community, but did not support the organization that worked to put the event together. We are not going to try and come up with a way to keep that from happening again this year. If you think that sort of behavior is appropriate, then you are a weenie and that burden is punishment enough.

Finally, if there are any questions concerning this event, please feel free to contact me via telephone at 423.503.6269, via email at oldnorthstate-at-gmail.com, and do not forget to check our web site at www.theoldnorthstate.org. Again, thank you for your time in this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

On behalf of the Old North State Land Rover Society,

Steven Ratajczyk
Old North State Land Rover Society, Inc.
169 Amherst Way, Cleveland, TN 37312

oldnorthstate-at-gmail.com,

www.theoldnorthstate.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

I want to make known that FireFox isn't friendly to our online registration form. You will have to use Explorer (PC) or Safari (Mac). Sorry for this inconvenience.
Old September 26th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
My defender is making it's debut at this event. Time to get my oval muddy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 27th, 2007, 12:14 AM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
I highly recommend it!

97 D90 SW
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Hey Mark,

I'll help with the application of the mud!

jC
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:53 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

Uwharrie is a funny place during October. It can be bone dry with dust clouds or sloppy wet from fall hurricanes. I'm hoping for the latter

Plese pre-register if you think you can make it so we can get an idea for shirt quantities as we only order a small amount of extras.

P.S. Mark K & Jim C., Thanks for pre-registering!
Old September 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Thanks Steve. I'm checking with a few military buddies of mine to see if they are going, so I may revise my numbers. One of them may be buying a series IIA tomorrow.
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:42 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

T-Shirt pre-order field will be turned off this Thursday. If you have not pre-ordered a shirt, you may not get one as we order very few extras. Online Registration will continue to be open until Wednesday, October 24.

Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:45 AM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

Need Photos

Does anyone have any photos that I can get ahold of. These are for a write up in LRM. PM me for details on how to get them to me.

Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Hey Steven, I have a bunch, but they are mostly of my crew, with a few misc shots of the campground. Use what you like. Here's my box.net link. http://www.box.net/shared/l53stli7q8

Let me know if you have any issues getting to them.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

I have 3 videos (same spot) from the first nasty hill climb on Rocky Mount that I was was trail leading.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

So what did you actually end up breaking on Daniel?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirbo
So what did you actually end up breaking on Daniel?
It was at CROC's Uwharrie Safari last May and I broke the rear Ring & Pinion gears. They were GBR 4.11's too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
expedition