URE Uwharrie Rover Expedition 22-24 October, 2004
Now for some information about the first annual Uwharrie Rover Expedition, URE. This event will be held in the Uwharrie National Forest in Central North Carolina from 22-24 October, 2004. We certainly hope that you find the information below that you need, and that you have an opportunity to join us!
What can you expect?
Led Trail Rides in the Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) area of the Uwharrie National Forest. Three levels of trail ride will be offered.
• Morrow Mountain Monster--All of the trails, easiest, more difficult, and difficult will be driven at one attempt. Wannabes must sit this one out, the guide is authorized to set the pace and leave you there if you can't keep up.
• Icabod Crane--easiest and more difficult (moderate) trails will be driven at this effort. While we are not sure you will lose your head, it could still happen.
• Great Pumpkin--An introduction to off-road driving. Only the easiest trails will be driven, but there is always the potential for damage.
Hayrides will also be a part of this event. Friday night's ride will bring back memories of a golden age being towed down a gravel road by a vintage land rover. Saturday night's just might leave you with a struggling heart and wet pants, not for the faint of heart.
Supper, only the finest fried chicken provided by Hardee's, will be held on Saturday night with all the fixin's. Don't miss it; I can already hear arteries hardening. If you require heart healthy vegetarian fare, bring it with you. We are out to cause heart attacks!
Throughout Saturday evening of the URE, at supper, and during the auction, tickets earned by registering early, participating in the led trail rides, pre-paying for supper can be redeemed. Following no rhyme nor reason, the event hosts will simply draw a raffle ticket and call out a winner. Will you be one?
On Sunday morning, we will give out prizes for Best Halloween themed Camp Site, Most Rover Looking Rover, Best Hard Luck Story, and Longest Distance Drive, as well as any reason we can think of to give away left over goodies.
The fees for the URE are being kept as low as possible.
The only mandatory fee is the registration fee, $25.00. What the Registration fee* includes is:
• Campsite fee for the Group Camp for two nights for one car (between $3-5 dollars averaged per car per night depending on attendance)
• Two days of access fees for the OHV area where the trails are, you decide which two days to use. (Access fees are $5.00 per day. If you drive on a third day, you must pay that fee individually.)
The fee for Saturday night supper is $5.00 per person (still waiting for confirmation) You can expect this meal to be a chicken dinner with 2 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, baked beans, peach cobbler, and sweet tea.
The event tee shirt is expected to cost $15.00 each. Anticipate being able to order this at on line registration as well as at the event. (the design should be available soon)
Club Membership will be discounted $5.00 during the pre-registration period and the event.
Early Registration will open July 1st, 2004 and continue until October 9th, 2004. Early registration will be rewarded by receiving 4 extra raffle tickets. These tickets can be redeemed at Saturday night's festivities.
In keeping with supporting America's military, this event is discounted from $25.00 to a cost of $10.00 for Active Duty and Reserve members of our Armed Forces.
Consider this a family friendly event.
We hope you can come and join us!
All of the details can be found at the link below!
*The registration fee will not be adjusted to support individual requirements.