URE!5 Uwharrie Rover Expedition! 5 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old October 24th, 2008, 10:38 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Well.... it looks like I may have to bail (yet again) on this uwharrie event. I got the rover running two days ago by replacing the ignition switch -which btw is a much bigger PITA than it should be- and i went to start it this morning and nothing. These last couple weeks have been some of the most frustrating in terms of rover maintenance.

Maybe I can get things working and come down Saturday to play for a while. Wish me luck....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Wow all I can say is a what a great event. Really really great. Nice club, good folks, fun trails and good weather even with the rain.

Thanks to all who put this on and apologies to anyone I didn't get to meet.

ren
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sorry I couldn't make it. School, a kid, and a couple yards of concrete to pour kept me from going. Anyone have any pics to posts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Yup, was a blast. It's a great venue but also as Dave said, the Old North State Land Rover Club was great. Hard to put into words, but it was just how I like these events to be. Well worth the long drive to get there. Janey sustained a pretty bad hit on the right rear corner due to a bone-headed move on my part, but otherwise we had no problems to speak of.

As usual I did a crap job of meeting up with people, sorry. Spoke to Bryan briefly along with a Defender owner named Steve (not sure if he's here), but never got around to introducing myself to Dale or Jon.

I posted a few pictures here: http://lhsw.com/gallery/uwharrie_10_2008 but took very few so hope the others will post theirs too.

charles
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
Glad to hear everyone had a great time! Sorry I missed out... I was thinking about it this weekend

Everyone post up lots of pics !
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
defenately one of, if not the best event I have attended. As Charles said the atmosphere/feel of the event is awesome. Hopefully we can get all those shots and video's from the fellow that was riding with me.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
stevenr
Steven Ratajczyk
1999 D1

I am glad to hear all of the positive comments! Good to meet Doug, Charles and Dave, just to name a few. Glad you guys made the trek out here for our event. BTW, Doug: I'll have a shirt for you mailed out in the next 2 weeks.

I hope everyone that made it to the 5th annual URE will come back for the 6th annual URE.

Thanks again everyone and keep the photos coming in.

Also as a side note, LRM was there and will be doing a write-up of the event for a future issue.

-Steven
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
I had fun, got to see a couple people. Staying up till 6am Saturday getting the D90 ready kinda took it of me, but I still had fun bombing down some trails.

And what was the deal tops on all the D90s out there...
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
here's some of the shots that were given to the girl from LRM. Photo's were taken by Landon a fellow with a very virginal looking LR3 that he wisely left in camp.

http://photobucket.com/guestlogin?albumUrl=http://s410.photobucket.com/albums/pp186/landon0077/:

The Password for to gain access is : ure52008

Steven-thanks again for your and Dan's efforts to put this event together. Getting Columbia Sportswear to donate the giveaways- what a great company to have as a sponsor. I went to the site and posted on the blog as requested.
Going to try and make next quarters Caney Fork trip in Jan.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
the better of my photos from the trip:

http://www.fourfold.org/daveb/URE_5/index.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
expedition