The Wilds Summer Safari June 17th-19th Cumberland Ohio - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
mud ruts
Chris Ray
97 Disco

The Wilds Summer Safari June 17th-19th Cumberland Ohio

It's finally open, registration that is.

<a href="http://www.greenovalguild.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_attend_events&task=view&id=21 &Itemid=38">Wilds Event Registration Link</a>

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. I'm am bound to leave out important details. This has been a hard year to negotiate the event. The Columbus zoo has taken over the Wilds and everything changed. But we struck a deal and are good to go. The Green Oval Guild is the management team for all Wilds off-road events. We can host a small club function or large event.

Here is what we have.

Same as last year, the event kicks off Friday night with drinks and Horsd'oeuvres. We will be on site by 2pm to allow campers to start setting up. camping will be in the same spot as before by the big lake. This year we will have 2 areas, a quiet camp and a loud camp. Yes more porta-pots.
We have a few outdoor gear sponsors this year and raffle tickets will be sold Friday and Saturday.

For Saturday we added breakfast included in the price as well as the normal lunch.
We will be running the trails both before lunch and after. We have cut more trails and will be cutting them up to a week before the event.
New this year is a winch Challenge course the will be known as the Lucky8 Challenge. It will be very Challenging. The Challenge will be open mid-afternoon.

We will do a night run again and with so many trails open things up for Sunday runs too.

Pricing is $100 for truck and driver, all other passengers are $20 each Kids 10 and under $5.00 each.
If you want to take the Animal Safari it will be $20 extra for each guest. I was going to include it but no reason to pay if your just going to off-road.

Event t-shirts will be for sale Friday night and Saturday morning for $18 each.

It looks to be a great time, I will try to post up pictures of the Challenge course as it nears completion.

Thank you all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:04 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Awesome, we are in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
achampagne
Adrian Champagne
06 LR3 HSE

I wish I could make it this year, maybe in another year or two, when the baby is older and she would really dig the safari part of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2011, 11:00 PM
mud ruts
Chris Ray
97 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by achampagne View Post
I wish I could make it this year, maybe in another year or two, when the baby is older and she would really dig the safari part of it.
I'll save you a spot.

Old May 28th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by achampagne
Poor excuse. I'm bringing a 12 month old!

Semper Fi!
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:22 AM
pushngo
Randy Williams

Who all is going?

We are leaving Lancaster PA about 11:00 on Fri and going through York to meet up with Dana and Jill and then along 276 and across

Let me know if you are on the route and we can convoy

Let me know if you need any parts I am bringing some big, hard to ship stuff for a couple of the guys saves a bunch in shipping Let me know
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Here's a pic from yesterday, more to come after we get home. We estimated about 75 trucks at the event, mostly Discos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1820663275.png
Views:	147
Size:	736.4 KB
ID:	39759  

Semper Fi!
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Here are a few more pics...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3197.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	39765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3206.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	39766  

Name:	IMG_3257.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	39767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3909.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	39768  

Name:	IMG_3910.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	39769  

Semper Fi!
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
mud ruts
Chris Ray
97 Disco

Nice pictures. Did you hang around Sunday and drive in the animal area with us?

Old June 20th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud ruts
Nice pictures. Did you hang around Sunday and drive in the animal area with us?
Nope, we had a 9 hour drive. Wish we could have done the Sunday drive though.

Semper Fi!
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
stocker
Mack
1998 Disco 1 LSE

Jonathan - sorry for not being more social with you at the Wilds. Did not realize who you were until after talking to Chris and after watching the 2010 Easter Expedition video. My son and I camped right next to you.
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker
Jonathan - sorry for not being more social with you at the Wilds. Did not realize who you were until after talking to Chris and after watching the 2010 Easter Expedition video. My son and I camped right next to you.
Ah, so you witnessed my circus? I'm sorry if we were too loud!

Semper Fi!
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:58 PM
stocker
Mack
1998 Disco 1 LSE

Used my truck lights to help you set up your giant tent in the dark rain. I was amazed how quickly your crowd got quiet on Friday night. I gotta hand it to your wife. My wife wanted no part of camping like that. And a definitely no way with a baby.
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker
Used my truck lights to help you set up your giant tent in the dark rain. I was amazed how quickly your crowd got quiet on Friday night. I gotta hand it to your wife. My wife wanted no part of camping like that. And a definitely no way with a baby.
My wife is a strong woman!!! My mom and her grandson came up too, so I had quite a show.

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events