Times getting near!!
Texas Rovers SCARR 2008 - The 5th Annual South Central Area Rover Rally
April 17th - 20th, 2008, Barnwell mountain Recreational Area, Gilmer, TX
Celebrating 60 years of Land Rover
This year, Texas Rovers has reserved Barnwell for 4 days (April 17th-20) exclusively for SCARR 2008, and the park will be closed to the General Public. In doing this we have been able to extend the rally from 3 days to 4 days. Also, we have rolled ALL of the fees - SCARR + Barnwell Mountain Daily Use and Camping Fees into one fee. You will NOT have to pay any other fees when you reach the rally!
For the Vehicle & Driver: ($80 Texas Rover’s Member/$95 Non-Members) this fee covers the park rental, t-shirts, and three meals.
Passenger fee: ($25) covers the three meals and t-shirt for the vehicle passenger.
Children under 12 are free and their meals are covered by donated funds, but T-shirts are $15 extra for the under 12 crowd.
Early registration ends March 14th. All registrations after March 15th incur a $35 Late Registration Fee.
If you are planning to attend SCARR please note:
1. Due to insurance liability issues ALL attendees must pre-register online
. There will be NO exceptions to this rule.
2. The entrance gate will be open at the following times:
Thursday, April 17th: 7:30 am until 6.30 pm. (Unfortunately, we are not
allowed arrivals any earlier)
Friday, April 18th: 7:30 am until 6.30 pm.
Saturday, April 19th: 7.30 am until 1.00 pm.
Sunday April 20th: 7.30 am and the park will close on Sunday at 3 pm. Gates will be locked at 3.15pm.
3. After hours access to/from the park:
From 6.30 pm until 1.00am, a Security Guard will be on duty Friday and Saturday mornings and Saturday from 1:00 pm till Midnight. The Guard will have the pre-registration list. You must be on this list to enter the park. In the event you wish to leave the park you will be given a ticket for re-entry. Without this ticket you cannot gain entry to the park. You will need to be back at the park entrance by 1am to get back in for the night.
4. The registration table will be open for registration packet pick up at the following times:
Thursday, April 17th from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm
Friday, April 18th from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm
Saturday, April 19th from 7:30 am until noon
5. If you are planning on bringing an RV or towing a trailer and plan on camping at Camp Mabey, please clearly indicate this when registering. You will be contacted and offered an alternative route to the camp. Since all the campsites will be available to attendees this will NOT apply if you plan to use the site near the pavilion with electrical hookups or another campsite. If you plan on using another campsite on the property, please be respectful of the site and try to leave it cleaner than you found it.
6. Guided trail runs (with trail leaders and spotter) of groups ranging from novice to advanced experience, will be offered for those that would like to join them. If you already are with a group of friends, you're welcome to explore the park at your own pace.
7. Unregistered attendees will be charged $50 per day + passenger fee and cannot be guaranteed meals or an event T-Shirt.
8. All attendees will need to bring with them the SCARR Waiver/Release Form signed/completed, or fill one at the registration table at arrival.
9. This year, SCARR will be providing three meals included with your registration fees:
Friday, 5:00pm: Tailgate Party & Cookout
Saturday, 12:00pm/12:30pm: Catererd Lunch (Sandwiches & Chips)
Saturday, 5:00pm: BBQ Dinner & Raffle
“Pay It Forward to the East Texas Food Bank”
Also, the Texas Rovers will also be collecting donations of canned meats (e.g. tuna, chicken, beef, salmon), canned fruit and plastic containers of peanut butter during SCARR. Please bring your can items to the registration booth where we will have two bins to place your donations. Let's show the community of East Texas how Texas Rovers can give back to the community.
For complete information about the event including registration, forms, location and camping alternatives (local hotels), please visit:
Texas Rovers looks forward to seeing you there!!