Tallahassee, Florida... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW
Tallahassee, Florida...

<note: this is not a post for an event... just a guy looking for other 'REAL' LR owners...info below>

I just wanted to see if there were any Land Rover owners in Tallahassee, Florida out there... D90, RR, Disco... anything that went wheeling. I go out now and again but it's usually by myself so I can't really 'go at it'.

There is a Land Rover club in town but sadly they don't ever do anything, and the one other guy in Tallahassee who has a D90 doesn't wheel. Some of you guys in towns with other D90's or other LR's for that matter who go wheeling are SO LUCKY! I am VERY JEALOUS... (you have no idea... haha). It really puts a 'crimp' on things in a big way.

Light wheeling is cool too, if you didn't want to mess up your rig, I have a winch (never used it) so I could pull you out... OR if you just wanted to hang out and work on the trucks that is cool too.

I remember seeing all kinds of Land Rovers in town before I bought my truck, mostly about 10 Disco's or so all done up... but none of them go wheeling... sadly,they're all for show.
And there is a HUGE FOREST (Appalachicola) about 20 minutes from here and many other areas. I call this the 'Las Vegas' of Florida because we're surrounded by trees and then viola' ... Tallahassee. (correlation to the sand outside of Vegas...lol), and this is an untapped resource of the most beautiful women in the country. (don't read this to my girlfriend).

It is cool sometimes driving my D90, all done up with the factory rack, bull bar etc.. and having people gawk because most of them don't know WHAT the hell it is... but it gets lonely not having guys with D90's ... or any LR for that matter to hang out with.
(oh, and don't get me wrong I have plenty of friends, but most of them have BMW's, Honda's, and Jeeps...yeah right... that don't ever see dirt).

I hope someone out there knows where I'm coming from.

Thank you very much for reading and long live the D90.

Nicholas Orros

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events