Spring Fling at Rausch - Page 8 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:34 AM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Not likely - deluxe tent has a heater .
I meant drag and heavy literally - itsa tent trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2005, 08:33 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

A trailside condo? That's a good idea. Tyler, I wonder if Gary would let the dog and I borrow his?!
Old March 27th, 2005, 09:04 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Hmm... I think Francis would ahve to promise not to play in the mud with Mike I can see Gary being really mad if he got a muddy tent back.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

But Franny likes mud bathes- there good for his skin!
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by loykd
Sam, how cold do you get????
Cold enough that they are getting a room at the Econo Lodge wimps, but they did say they would eat dinner with us and roast marshmallows around the campfire for a little while, but I think I will need to get a special over the road license for all the “liquid consumables” (Yeah I spelt it right! Sam and Brenda!) that are going to need a trailer to be brought down in. They are also bringing Joey (their dog) and he gets to sleep in the hotel! Jimmy said he would ruff it, I'll bring 2 sleeping bags for him and I'll just sleep under the stars in my muddy shorts (that’s how I pick up all the ladies).
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
jojo3s1
Brenda Salmon

Wimps ay!!!!! We were set to camp, then heard that it was going to be the 40's at night. That did it..... Common sense took over. Having cold nights, porta johns that make the woods look grand, having no shower from thursday night till sunday night...hmmmmmmm... Naa Econo it is. And i'm not sure what dictionary you use Mike, but in mine, the definition of Common Sense does not contain the word wimps.....
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Um excuse me, Common Sense? Hello I own and drive a Defender? Sometimes in the rain without a top, what does that say about your common sence? 40 is not that cold, heck it's not even Freezing If you dress right 10 below is not that cold. 3 days without a shower is nothing special, you would be surprised at what you can live without, even if you feel better taking a shower we are all going to be stinky so your not getting away from anything. And porta Johns are not any worse then the Econo Lodge. Say what you will but if you hotel it then I will still call you a wimp!

Old March 28th, 2005, 01:41 PM
jojo3s1
Brenda Salmon

[QUOTE=Mike Hippert]Um excuse me, Common Sense? Hello I own and drive a Defender? Sometimes in the rain without a top, what does that say about your common sence? 40 is not that cold, heck it's not even Freezing If you dress right 10 below is not that cold. 3 days without a shower is nothing special, you would be surprised at what you can live without, even if you feel better taking a shower we are all going to be stinky so your not getting away from anything. And porta Johns are not any worse then the Econo Lodge. Say what you will but if you hotel it then I will still call you a wimp!

[/QUOTE

Guess i forgot who i was talking to . I don't understand what owning and driving a defender has to do with common sense. I thought that was a toy that all you boys play with.

Forty is no that cold during the day, but to sleep in is cold to me. I can't see being cold when you can be warm. And further more most of us know when to come in from the rain. Some of us apparently don't. hehehe..... I'm going to feel great after a shower even if they have cold water. You are very welcome to stink all you want....just don't be surprised if the joey pays closer attention to you then the rest. And anyways, are you bring the marshmallows????
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:46 PM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Lynn rsponded with the usual-needing to know how many Friday, and to make sure that everyone sees her to sign waivers/collect fees or dues...
Also Camp C no longer exists- just powerline and staging area for camping.
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:02 PM
jojo3s1
Brenda Salmon

[QUOTE=jojo3s1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Um excuse me, Common Sense? Hello I own and drive a Defender? Sometimes in the rain without a top, what does that say about your common sence? 40 is not that cold, heck it's not even Freezing If you dress right 10 below is not that cold. 3 days without a shower is nothing special, you would be surprised at what you can live without, even if you feel better taking a shower we are all going to be stinky so your not getting away from anything. And porta Johns are not any worse then the Econo Lodge. Say what you will but if you hotel it then I will still call you a wimp!

[/QUOTE

Guess i forgot who i was talking to . I don't understand what owning and driving a defender has to do with common sense. I thought that was a toy that all you boys play with.

Forty is no that cold during the day, but to sleep in is cold to me. I can't see being cold when you can be warm. And further more most of us know when to come in from the rain. Some of us apparently don't. hehehe..... I'm going to feel great after a shower even if they have cold water. You are very welcome to stink all you want....just don't be surprised if the joey pays closer attention to you then the rest. And anyways, are you bring the marshmallows????
This is Sam... what is all this nonsense about being a wimp? You're just jealous. Now you have to be a tough-guy infront of all the other boys w/ you're big-boy-toys and sleep out in the cold. -- Now where's the common sense in that? My mom didn't raise a dummy - I know when to come in from the rain (and also how to spell properly). What is this "license" you need to get for "over the road for all liquid consumables"??? And we won't need a trailer on the way down, but we'll definately need one for the way back. Have fun sleeping under the stars in your muddy shorts... I'm happy to hear that's what the ladies like... Since there's not many girls out there in the woods, maybe a nice female grizzly bear will come in your tent to keep you warm at night. And we'll send "licky-licky" in the morning to clean you up! So maybe you're right...you don't need a hotel at night.
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrsrvc
Lynn rsponded with the usual-needing to know how many Friday, and to make sure that everyone sees her to sign waivers/collect fees or dues...
Also Camp C no longer exists- just powerline and staging area for camping.
OK one at a time in my replies, Trevor since your's is the important one you first, I think the staging area will be a good campsite for all of us campers, I am not sure where camp C is? I'll be in for Friday as long as I get my butt into gear and get my junk running.
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo3s1
This is Sam... And we won't need a trailer on the way down, but we'll definately need one for the way back.
Ohhhh SNAP!!!
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

[QUOTE=jojo3s1Guess i forgot who i was talking to . I don't understand what owning and driving a defender has to do with common sense. I thought that was a toy that all you boys play with. [/QUOTE]

A Rover is not a very practical vehicle, and any person with good common sense would choose a practical car over a Defender or any Rover.

Quote:

Well we already turned the heat off in our place to save money and it was only 50 when I woke up and I slept fine, so with my sleeping bag I'm more then good for 40. I don't like to confine myself to the rules of society so I drive in the rain with the top down and enjoy myself! I'll be happy to bring marshmallows and I'll even have to pick up some microwave popcorn since ken isn't coming (it's a rover thing you wouldn't understand)

Quote:
This is Sam... what is all this nonsense about being a wimp? You're just jealous. Now you have to be a tough-guy infront of all the other boys w/ you're big-boy-toys and sleep out in the cold. -- Now where's the common sense in that? My mom didn't raise a dummy - I know when to come in from the rain (and also how to spell properly). What is this "license" you need to get for "over the road for all liquid consumables"??? And we won't need a trailer on the way down, but we'll definately need one for the way back. Have fun sleeping under the stars in your muddy shorts... I'm happy to hear that's what the ladies like... Since there's not many girls out there in the woods, maybe a nice female grizzly bear will come in your tent to keep you warm at night. And we'll send "licky-licky" in the morning to clean you up! So maybe you're right...you don't need a hotel at night.

Well where to start, hmmm definately is this new word or did you mean definitely? Nothing about being a tuff guy, I never said I was or implied it, just having fun camping, one of my favorite things to do next to wheeling or working on the rover. Never said anything about common sense either, that was Brenda. As for the License that was a joke that I thought you guys would find funny but I guess it went over your head. PS no one here but you Brenda Jimmy and I know what Licky Licky means , so I’ll leave it up to everyone's imaginations to think of what you mean by it LOL! You can say what you want about me; I'll still call you wimps for not camping.

Old March 28th, 2005, 02:26 PM
jojo3s1
Brenda Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by souza
Ohhhh SNAP!!!
Hahahahahahha.... that was a good one, huh?

And Mike, you haven't written back because our post wasn't important enough huh?
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:31 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
PS no one here but you Brenda Jimmy and I know what Licky Licky means , so I’ll leave it up to everyone's imaginations to think of what you mean by it
And we're all so innocent here I'm sure our imaginations will keep it clean
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Hahahahahahha.... that was a good one, huh?

And Mike, you haven't written back because our post wasn't important enough huh?
Um no, did you miss my post right above yours?
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:35 PM
DaveHuny
Van Der Waal
none

I'm in for Friday. And what's all this about fear of camping in the rain? It's not really camping if it doesn't rain!
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHuny
I'm in for Friday. And what's all this about fear of camping in the rain? It's not really camping if it doesn't rain!
Exactly!
Old March 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Joey the dog get a hotel room and i end up in a tent
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hippert - camping Friday- Sunday in on Fri AM
Jimmy - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Ken - not comming
Tyler - camping, Friday- Sunday in on Fri AM
Souza - camping Friday-Sunday in on Fri AM
Charles - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
CVC - motel? Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Eric N - camping? Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Randy - camping? Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Evan - camping? Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Trevor Griffiths - camping sat. (+ how many?) in on Fri PM
RoverChic? camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Scott Cousins - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Dave Hunyady - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Anthony Brooks (tentative) - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Scott in NH - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
Richard Campbell - Maybe Sunday
Kevin Matheny - camping Friday - Sunday in on Fri AM
JORGE ESPINOZA - Maybe Sunday
Anthony Brooks - Sunday in on Fri AM
Glenn Guinto - maybe
John C - maybe

Copy this list and change it if it is incorrect.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events