Southern California - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old February 18th, 2004, 03:41 AM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

Southern California

okay guys i am seeing a TON of people from southern california on the site these days, and i think its about time we all got together. maybe a little trip to big bear? ANYTHING!
i know about SCLR and LRSD but i figured i'd give it a shot here trying to get everyone together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I really want to do this too, I just have to wait untill after the 29th of this month!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I'm leading an SCLR trip on March 6th. It's an 'easy' run, but should be fun. Any of you are welcome to join in and see what SCLR is about. www.sclr.org -- see the trip sheet.

Also, the Nevada Trophy has a novice class this year for any first time entries that want to get their feet wet in GPS competition. April 29th. www.offroadexperience.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 18th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=222991

Who would be into doing this? I know I would.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

I am in for a So Cal Defender outing. Let me know when.

joe
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:37 AM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

all so cal guys-
what do you guys say to bear big sometime early next month?
tell if that sounds good or gimme a better time!
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:47 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Apart form the 6th club run, we need to get out in that mud and snow asap. We like the frazier area, but it's all closed right now.

Where's some info/pics on the big bear trails?
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Come on guys! Nobody in for some hard stuff? Maybe I can just find a co-pilot then Anyone even contemplating it?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:07 AM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

i'd go with you david! just tell me when...as far as taking my truck, i think thats a little outta myu league
Old February 20th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Big Bear has great trails. Easy all the way to black diamond. Wondering about this weekend..... ??
Old February 20th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Hey James,

I'll be in touch buddy. Lets think about getting together on this, you good with a winch? As to this weekend, I got no truck, but after the 29th I will be all set!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:30 PM
jperakis
James Perakis
94 ST

guys id love to go this weekend but unfortunatly ill be in SLO then the following weekend ill be in the bay area ( for the last stanford home game .... #1 ) anyways, i really hope we can work something out!

and Dave im serious about that trip i really want to go
in the meantime at a minimum i just wanna see your truck it sounds amazing
Old February 26th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

All,

I'm leading a club run on March 6 into West Frazier Park. Although a novice run, the recent weather promises to make this pretty interesting. And there's also this:

"There is also the possibility of discovering 'Oil Pan Alley', most likely one of the spurs of East Dry Canyon which I have not pre-run. This little known box canyon spur is supposedly a double-diamond rock crawlers run, and may turn out to be just a few minutes from Reyes Creek campground. Some of the hardcore amongst us might find this a nice apres-diner obstacle course if it can indeed be found."

We'll have about 20 to 30 LR's of all shapes and sizes on this run, and there may even be the ckd Defender from the Sema show. Check out the trip sheet here and let me know if you want to join in.

http://www.sclr.org/calendar/mar04/sclr03-04a.html

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Doug

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
southern california