Southeastern Regional Overland Rally and Workshop - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Southeastern Regional Overland Rally and Workshop

I can't believe I can't make this! This developed while I was in Africa, but I think there's at least a few members on this forum that are making this. Helping to raise awareness. I know this is timed right around several other events.

I'm definitely attending every year starting next year, since it's in my backyard.

When: September 27th – 30th 2012
Where: Crawford’s Camp just outside Murphy, NC

The Overland Rallies and Workshops is a series of 3 events across the USA with the aim to bring overland and expedition travel enthusiasts together. The event embraces all skill levels of vehicle-based adventure travel and a multitude of vehicles, trucks, 4x4, dual-sports motorcycles, bicycles and more. The Rally is a family and pet friendly event focusing on training and camaraderie, promoting safe and environmentally sustainable adventure traveling off the beaten path in the US and abroad.

Classes, held Friday and Saturday morning
Basic 4WD (Overland Experts)
Advanced 4WD (Overland Experts)
Recovery gear and technique (Overland Experts)
Spotting (Southeast Overland LLC)
Synthetic winch line repair (Southeast Overland LLC)
Motorbike long trip preparation ("Zolo")
Motorcycle Trail riding technique ("Zolo" with support)
First aid (RTF)
Spanish phrases and some rules and guidlines for your next trip to Latin America ("Mrs. Swiss and future Mrs. Zolo" )
Photography (TBD)
Knots and other fun and useful outdoors stuff for kids (an Eaglescout)

Round Tables Discussions, held Friday and Saturday morning
International traveling, border crossing ("The Swiss")
Choosing the “perfect” overland vehicle ("The Swiss")

Trail Rides, held Friday and Saturday afternoon
Friday and Saturday afternoon trailrides, very scenic FS roads ("The Swiss", "Zolo", and TBD)
Alternatively: Excursion to Snowbird which has more challenging trails. Snowbird is privatly owned, there is therefore a extra charge of $25/adult/day and $10/child fee. (Southeast Overland Adventures LLC)

Evening Presentations:
“One Crazy Ride” by Gaurav Jani
98 Camel Trophy Tierra Del Fuego, presented by Alvaro de Orleans, actual Camel Trophy participant

Confirmed Vendors:
Southeast Overland LLC
Ujoint Offroad
Overland Experts
4Wheelparts Atlanta
ACC Toyota Truck & Land Cruiser
(Tellicomoto donating gift certificates)

If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please contact me at for more information. Basic vendor packages are extremely affordable and include full access to all the event has to offer!

Family and Single Passes include camping, all classes, all presentations, Saturday dinner and general trail rides (except Snowbird)
Day Passes include all classes, all presentations and general trail rides

Family Pass: $140.00
Single Pass: $75.00
Day Pass: $30.00

E-mail to

Old September 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW
It's real nice out there. I got lost on some back roads out there once!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events