Silver Lakes Sand Dunes, MI - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old July 30th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Silver Lakes Sand Dunes, MI

I'm taking s short trip up to Silver Lakes next week near Mears Michigan. I've heard IRS a food place in the Midwest to play in the sand in my defender. Just wondering if any on the forum have made it there and whY were your impressions of the area. Anything that is a must see or things to avoid?

------ Follow up post added July 30th, 2010 10:17 AM ------

I'm taking s short trip up to Silver Lakes next week near Mears Michigan. I've heard it is a good place in the Midwest to play in the sand in my defender. Just wondering if any on the forum have made it there and what were your impressions of the area. Anything that is a must see or things to avoid?
Sorry Forum Runner iPhone app screwed up my initial post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM
sommer_90
Jeff Sommer
1994 Defender 90

Silver lake state park is a lot of fun.

You need to have a pole with a flag. I think it has to hit 10' tall. You can buy some there at the local shop if you need. Buy your state park pass, lower you tire pressure and have some fun. Give test hill a try ( first dune on the left) after you get a little more comfortable with driving on the sand. Watch people first to see how the do it.
I have not taken my rover there, but dirt bikes and some other trucks have been a lot of fun. I wonder how the front swivel housing will hold up.

Cheers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events