Seeking Trail Information - Northern VA - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 14th, 2006, 11:07 AM
David Short
1980 Stage One 109
Seeking Trail Information - Northern VA

Greetings all -

I was just down at Arlington Motorcars seeking out a rare and exotic carb linkage part for my Stage One (not a Defender but damn close) and the guys in the garage mentioned that they all got thier trucks dirty on some trail in Woodbridge near the intersections of Cardinal Drive and Jeff Davis Highway.

I had never heard of open land so close to the beltway before but they described it as a haven for 4 wheelers of all makes and that the place received some fairly regular use.

Does anyone on here know of this place? Better directions? Better information?

Old August 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Robbie Donaldson
Robbie Donaldson
1995 Discovery
they posted over on land rovers only awhile ago mentioning that area with pictures. i pm'd them about directions and info and was told it is private land that the owner doesn't care about and that people have been driving on it for the past 20 years. i don't think i will be driving through there anytime though. sounds iffy.

1995 Discovery
1995 RRC LWB
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco
Sounds like a ticket or a court date if police are around to me. If that was really the case then most folks in this area would have heard about it and it would have 50+ trucks there every weekend. Unless they actually know the land owner and have permission I wouldn't touch it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events