Scarr 2015 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old September 25th, 2014, 07:43 AM
slangel
Staci V
2000 DII. Death by fallen tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
It was a great time, I didn't really experience any bad attitudes of politics when I was there, just a bunch of people having a great time.
They are very good about keeping those issues away from event attendees. SCARR is always a good time, and if you have the opportunity to attend it, you should. For some of us wheeling Barnwell a number of years in a row gets old.
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2014, 08:01 AM
slangel
Staci V

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdefender110 View Post
I have recently got the Defender running again and have become active in the Texas Rovers again.
I became active again to off-road the Defender. Chris and Tony are great spotters. You're right that the Austin Chapter is not what it used to be.

I was going to post in the events section before I saw this thread (sorry for the hijack);
Since the Austin events coordinator is out of the country and there is not a formal Austin September meeting, my family is hosting an informal, non-Texas Rovers sanctioned, get together at our house in Cedar Park on Tuesday September 30th. Everyone is welcome to come by with or without their Rover. It is kid friendly. And as it is not a Texas Rovers event, no pressure to join. Contact me for details.

I'd like to find a group to go off-roading with that is knowledgeable about Rovers and knows how to be spot and be safe. The boys are now old enough I feel comfortable taking them off-road. I also enjoy talking about and hearing stories about Rovers. ( Like the old days.)

T.J. - I am so glad you got the 110 up and rolling again! I got your message about meeting at your house, during the week is too hard for all of us to be gone with Abbi's homework load and Christian's needs. I am sure it will be a good time, it always is at your house.
The Austin Chapter did indeed take a dive and we all stepped away and did our own thing together. Cvc and I are only around about three more weeks and then we will be moved to VA.

Again, those thinking about SCARR should, it's different wheeling than most do, and the people as a whole are a good time.
Old September 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

What general area in Va? You should be able to meld right in over there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2014, 09:07 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Good timing for a move to Va-
Oct 3,4 & 5: MAR and/or Expo East
Oct 23,24,25 & 26: URE and Rendevous- both at the same venue!!

Come and join us if you can!!

And thanks for the additional info on SCARR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 25th, 2014, 09:25 AM
slangel
Staci V

We'll be near Harrisonburg. We are looking forward to being closer to a lot of friends we have on the east coast that we see once a year and being closer to Chris's family. Plus Gustavo owes me an unspeakable amount of mimosas and it's time he start paying up!

------ Follow up post added September 25th, 2014 08:26 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Good timing for a move to Va-
Oct 3,4 & 5: MAR and/or Expo East
Oct 23,24,25 & 26: URE and Rendevous- both at the same venue!!

Come and join us if you can!!

And thanks for the additional info on SCARR
Going to try to hit URE, it's the weekend right after our move so we'll see!
Old September 25th, 2014, 09:33 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
The one year I went it was great. Lots of people, lots of food, lots of trails of all skill level, and LOTS of D2, so I totally cleaned up on the raffle prizes for D1/D90! ;-)

I would have gone this year, except that I was out of town for work.
Old September 25th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
I'm going to try and make it this year but don't think I'll have any family there. It is too far for just a one day visit for them and with school and sports they are busy. Calvin's Disco is with him in College Station and he might be able to make it up but he is always so busy with school it is hard to get him away, even for a day. I always enjoyed going. I used to hang with the group from San Antonio but their rigs have gone way beyond the abilities of my truck and I'm usually holding them up. Maybe by SCARR I'll have lockers and that will help for sure.
Old September 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaker View Post
I'm going to try and make it this year but don't think I'll have any family there. It is too far for just a one day visit for them and with school and sports they are busy. Calvin's Disco is with him in College Station and he might be able to make it up but he is always so busy with school it is hard to get him away, even for a day. I always enjoyed going. I used to hang with the group from San Antonio but their rigs have gone way beyond the abilities of my truck and I'm usually holding them up. Maybe by SCARR I'll have lockers and that will help for sure.
or not...
Attached Files
Old September 25th, 2014, 02:34 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

I went last year for the first time and thought it was a great. Haven't been to a lot of rallies so I guess I don't have much to compare to tho. I know there were several there that travelled a long way to be there. I am still cleaning the red dirt from under the truck tho...
Old September 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Gunmaker
Michael Ullman
1995 D90 SW #270

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
or not...

Thanks
Old September 25th, 2014, 09:55 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
So is it worth the drive/effort to attend or not?

Not too worried about Zach stalking Bill unless Bill adds nitrous and sells Zach his RRC. Would love to finally meet Michael and his family after all these years!!As far as red gooey stuff on the trucks, I thought we had the market cornered on that stuff!!

Seriously, too much politics, trails good/bad, good time??? Lots of miles away, but up for it if a good event.
Then you should definitely go. Michael is a great guy!
Old March 10th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Fred Lobster
Pete Gerbine, III
1993 110 (#451)

Registry
So will there be a group of D-Source members meeting up and attending this event? I have never been to a SCARR event but have wheeled at Barnwell Mt. with another rig...not the 110...quite a bit, and was just there last weekend for Mega Run put on by the DFW4WD club. I live only about 20 minutes away from the park. I'd like to go but a little hesitant to wheel the 110, as it is more set up for camping/expedition use and not extreme trail/rock crawling and is also pretty much a daily driver. I'm not a member of the Texas Rovers, so I guess I'd need to join their club to attend (?)...any members here that can assist?...I'll look at their site, as well, but would like to meet up with some other Defender owners.
Old March 10th, 2015, 02:22 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafir View Post
The red dirt / mud kind of sucks.
...and the "tent camping" on a tailings pile covered with RV septic tank contents...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
/
Old March 10th, 2015, 02:35 AM
JASEcrest
Jason
'88 Defender 110

I was just registered. I'll be taking the Disco 2; 110 is not ready this year.

This will be our third year. First year was a passenger in BIL's Disco. Enjoyed it so much, purchased my own Disco. Wheeled it stock last year and was amazed with its ability if you have a good spotter.

My son (11) gets excited every year, as I pull him out of school for two days. This year, he talked my daughter (17) into going; the Disco is 'her' DD and wants bragging rights against all the 'Jeep boys' at school.

Most everyone I have met have been great. If more members are going to be there, let's meeting up; I would like to put faces with names and forum personalities.
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:17 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Looks to be a good time. The events coordinator for this years SCARR is a really fun guy. At last months Austin Chapter meeting he discussed some of the fun events he has planned for the kiddos (young and old)

Here is the link to Texas Rovers Texas Rovers: Forums / SCARR 2015

No membership required. We are meeting again next week if anyone wants to come join us, we'd like to see you.
Old March 10th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Flight is booked, see y'all there. You guys still talk like that, right?
Old March 11th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Fred Lobster
Pete Gerbine, III
1993 110 (#451)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Flight is booked, see y'all there. You guys still talk like that, right?
Ha...sure do, Zack!

Well, I'm registered and tentatively planning to arrive Wednesday afternoon and set up down at Old Camp.
Old April 12th, 2015, 10:33 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

Heading down Friday morning. Gonna roll trailer queen style this year... just too many things I don't have done on the truck to trust the 3.5 hr drive with the kids on board. Was able to convince one of my Jeep buddies to come along and pull the 110 with the his tow rig.
Old April 13th, 2015, 01:41 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

I'll be heading up Thursday ...with a pile of tires in back. Looking forward to seeing all you peeps..
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:26 AM
JASEcrest
Jason
'88 Defender 110

My son and I will be pulling out tomorrow morning. Hope to see everyone there. D110 is not ready. I'll be in my grey Discovery, with an 11-year old riding shotgun and smiling ear to ear.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events