Santa Barbara or Ventura County Trails - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old November 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Santa Barbara or Ventura County Trails

Does anyone out there know anything about where I can find some decent jeep trails in Santa Barbara? I've heard that the Santa Ynez Peak trail is pretty decent.

Thanks-
Brian (Montecito, CA)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d90driverside1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	83  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I have run the Camino Cielo both ways along the mountain ridge overlooking SB. It's easy, nice views, family stuff. Just get a DeLorme Southern California Topo Map book in any bookstore.

There is a ranger station down on the north side of the 154 were it goes toward santa ynez, before you get to the big lake. They have info on trails. The ranger station is in the state park there -- right hand turn almost at the bottom of the decent.

Can you let me know what you find out? I live in L.A.

Doug
Old November 5th, 2003, 09:36 PM
read
Read Kerlin
'94 w/ POE HT

do you have this book?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...e&s=books&st=*

I have found it usefull for so. cal. trails.
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2003, 09:49 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Cool...thanks guys! Hey Doug, would you know how I would access the Camino Cielo trail off the 101? That sounds perfect. is that the same trail that drives along the spine of the mtns?

Thanks-
Brian
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

That's it. Get the DeLorme book. Exit the 154 from the 101, about 5 miles past downtown. Drive up to the crest and look for the turns. You'll need the book to find it. Take the left side -- its the best drive. Go all the way through -- there's a great moderate trail down into Santa Ynez at the end, if it is open. Otherwise drop down the ocean side paved road at the end -- you'll go by the Reagan ranch!
Old November 6th, 2003, 07:48 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Guys, I am new to the area, and am what I would concider a newbie to off roading but keenly interested. And my 1994 D-90 needs mud, or should I say dust. Do y'all get together ? Would love to join in.
PaulB now of Ventura County (T.O. this week until we find a home - oh my god they are expensive).
Old November 6th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

You might have a lot of fun at the the Superstition Mountain trails and Truck Haven. A little drive into the desert. You should come out for an event. They have anything from easy to hard.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

www.sclr.org

Also there is a Rover group in Ventura. Send me an email and I'll give you the contact info (don't want to post the email address on the web as it will get harvested).

Doug

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events