Everyone - There are only two weeks left to pre-register for the ROAV Summer Rally. The temperature is usually fairly mild up on top of the mountain (mild enough that the resort hotel does not have or need air conditioning). For those looking for a good wheeling opportunity and a break from the heat.....
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Registrations will be accepted up until the day of the event. However, the FREE T-SHIRT will no longer be included with registrations made after midnight, July 15. T-Shirts will be available to be purchased on site on a first come, first served basis until supplies run out.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
* Event Registration will open at 2:00pm on Friday, July 27
* The Mountain Lake Hotel will offer a fixed price dinner buffet for $25/person Friday evening - ROAV will secure a private dining room
* There will be guided trail rides for those that are interested starting on Saturday Morning (July 28 - exact time TBD) / Guided rides are optional and you are welcome to explore on your own in small groups
* There will be a large grill available for group cooking at the main rally tent on Satruday Evening
* After dinner on Saturday, there will be a raffle
* Sunday, July 29 12:00pm: Rally closes
There will be trails available for all skill levels
* Beginner / Stock Trucks – The Mountain area has miles of forest service roads to explore
* Intermediate / Modified Trucks – The Moore Farm is located just a mile or so away from the campground and offers tighter trails with difficult terrain
* Intermediate to Advanced / Modified Trucks – Potts Mountain Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) trail is about a one hour drive away and offers the widest array of challenging terrain.
* Remember – TREAD LIGHTLY
Primitive camping is allowed in the old golf course. Campers / trailers are allowed but the access road to the gold course is tight and a little rough. Large campers / trailers with low ground clearance are not recommended.
A decision on open fires will be made closer to the date / weather and fire conditions dependent
Every registered Rally participant will receive a raffle ticket at registration. After dinner on Saturday night, the raffle tickets will be drawn for prizes. There is no plan for an auction at this time.
No pets are allowed on the Mountain Lake Resort Property.
Portable Toilets will be provided in the field for campers.
HOTEL ROOMS AND LODGING:
ROAV has negotiated a discounted rate for rooms at the hotel but reservations must be made and paid for by each individual.
Please call 540/626-7121 or 800/346-3334 and ask for the Land Rover Group Rate.
Room Rates with Breakfast and Dinner Included:
* Standard Room $149.99 / night (double occupancy)
* Deluxe Room $199.99 / night (double occupancy)
Room Rates without meals:
* Standard Room $99.99 / night (double occupancy)