Report Trail Abusers! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old May 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM
jimbemotumbo
Jimbe Motumbo
97 D90 Wagon

Report Trail Abusers!

After reading Jabbers thread on Carnage trail damage, I decided to call the Rocky Mountain Region Forest Service offices. Yes, trail abusers may be ticketed!
To report trail abuse in the RM regions, the enforcement dept number is (303) 275-5268. You can find the contact numbers in your state via the USFS web site. If the number isn't listed, just call the Regional Forester.

Bill Burke recommends taking down the license number, vehicle / driver description, offending act, and location / date / time of offense and reporting ASAP.

I know this doesn't address educational or trail repair issues, but it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks!
Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
jabber
m j

Thanks Jim!!!

Great idea about the paper and digital camera too. Luckily, when I go wheeling I've always got the camera!!

I just recently moved out here and I'd hate to see places closed do to the dumb-asses.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
jimbemotumbo
Jimbe Motumbo
97 D90 Wagon

Now I just have to remember a pen!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events