RECO: Trail for newbie along CA coast - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old April 25th, 2006, 02:55 AM
reaper99999
Eric Yip
95 Alpine White SW

RECO: Trail for newbie along CA coast

Hi Guys,

Just bought my Alpine White 95 SW in Feb and looking to take it out for some offroading this Memorial Day wkn. I was wondering if there are any nice locations/trails for beginners along the CA coast between Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo. Something not too hard but exciting would be perfect (maybe an off beaten trail that leads to a hidden beach?). I run Michelin 265/75R16 LTX A/T tires and I dont have any jacks or winch. I am not sure what kind of trails I can do (I dont have any prior offroading experience).

Any advices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2006, 03:38 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Eric-
I just bought my truck this past June, and I havn`t really had a chance to take it off road yet. Between school and keeping the thing running, I just havn`t had time. I figure if you are new to it, and I am somewhat new to it, we should make a day of it some time. Maybe do Hollister some time?

Also, on a side note, you don`t happen to drive Lawrence Expressway towards 101 sometimes at like, 10:30-11 am? Over the past month or so I have seen a white SW a few times...
Old April 27th, 2006, 04:22 PM
reaper99999
Eric Yip
95 Alpine White SW

Haha, that was me. I usually alternate between that and my economy (which gives me 30mpg) every other week.

We should definitely go out some time. Have you met Jim C? He has a sick 95 AAY 300tdi ST and he live right by Alivso. We should have a southbay get together.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Yea I`ve met him, I see his rig all the time over at Stanford. It`s an awesome truck. Some sort of south bay trip definately sounds like it is in order
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm up for it sometime - I'm thinking about a memorial day excursion along the coast up north of SF. There are some old roads that I'd like to explore - shouldnt be anything hardcore.
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:25 AM
reaper99999
Eric Yip
95 Alpine White SW

I can't make memorial day as I am heading to SLO and will probably join some SCLR ppl at Pismo Beach sand dunes. But I am up if you guys want to do something any other time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events