Rausch or cove?? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

View Poll Results: May 21st weekend - Cove or RC
The Cove 9 42.86%
Rausch Creek 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
We had checked on the Va4wd group. The Cove ownership suggested that weekend as they only had 18 trucks for their event last year and he didn't expect more this year. Given the size and extensive trail network and the very spread out group camp sites it should be a non-issue. The Cove tells us they have handled events with over 1000 trucks so having another small group some where else on the property shouldn't impact either club.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
Va4wda has an event at the cove the same weekend? If so that place is going to be filled with yahoo jeepers. Be sure to pack some bud light so you fit in.
Where is my moonshine leftover from the festivus ?
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:48 PM
disco dog
Tracy Dwyer
2002 D110 TD5

Quote:
Va4wda has an event at the cove the same weekend? If so that place is going to be filled with yahoo jeepers. Be sure to pack some bud light so you fit in.
Gee, they probably say the same about the Rover crowd.
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2011, 11:28 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Agreed that the Cove is large enough for a lot of trucks. But I've been to a few VA4WDA events and that's were my comments are based. 18 trucks seems pretty small for that group; the events I attended were always over 100 trucks. They are defiantly, or were, the same group as our "$1,500 Discovery/RRC cheapfuck, tube bumper, drive it like you stole it" Rover group. Bud Light, cheese filled hot dogs, and Monster Energy Drink are mandatory. Also don't forget your tow strap with built in hooks, ATV winch, and 30' recovery chain.

It's the same group you see at Rausch Creek every weekend.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Agreed that the Cove is large enough for a lot of trucks. But I've been to a few VA4WDA events and that's were my comments are based. 18 trucks seems pretty small for that group; the events I attended were always over 100 trucks. They are defiantly, or were, the same group as our "$1,500 Discovery/RRC cheapfuck, tube bumper, drive it like you stole it" Rover group. Bud Light, cheese filled hot dogs, and Monster Energy Drink are mandatory. Also don't forget your tow strap with built in hooks, ATV winch, and 30' recovery chain.

It's the same group you see at Rausch Creek every weekend.

LOL. Still laughing......

Brings to mind a night @ MAR/Pearls Pond around 1am many years ago.. I came to the North end of the Island and dropped down into the James to cross over to climb up the bank on the other side. There was an old disco having trouble with that bank. As we sat watching he dug in and rolled back ripping off the front fairing/spoiler. He backed up and tried again, this time wide open. There was a large tree on top of the river bank to both the left and right of the trail-but easily 20ft apart. He smacked the left front fender into the left tree and the truck dug in such that the rear bumper skirt was tearing. As we watched the driver got out to survey his work and empties fell out of the truck. He cursed @ his spotter for hiding behind the tree (seemed like a self preservation move to me) and climbed back in and ripped the rear skirt/bumper cover off. A this point the dude only had a single headlight having shattered the left one on the tree.
I got out and offered to pull the guy up the hill with my 90. He was wasted. His response was "this is a $700 truck and this is the fun I came to have". I again offered to pull his dumb ass up the bank so he could continue down the trail. He decided to take another run @ it and smacked the tree on the right side and caved in the fender. After that he backed out of the way and let our group go on up the trail.
I'm betting there was some cheese in his dogs.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old April 19th, 2011, 12:52 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Must be the same guy b/c he said the exact same thing before he did this. I am the guy in the black t-shirt.

We must have been in the same area because I remember the same thing you describe above. His four way flashers were blinking because he had hit so hard and he was asking why they wouldn't go off. We told him the truck thought it was in accident the way he drove.
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
What was the official name of this at the ends? Was this a FUJT Spring 2011 Adventure or a ROTR Spring Event???

Anyways... I'll be there with my tricycle.

My vote for The Cove is wrong... mixed my calendar and thought it was an club event.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events