Hey all, I've been informally putting together an annual Thanksgiving weekend run for the past few years.. We had about 30 or so trucks last year.. we break into different smaller groups and run all day.. Most people generally stay at a local hotel the night before, then we wheel on Saturday, some people stay until Sunday for another day of wheelin...
Where: Rausch Creek (www.rc4x4.org
When: Saturday -- November 24th, 2007 -- 9:00AM
I'll post some requirements/suggestions/more info since some people may be new:
- Recovery Points.. Make sure you have them and you know how to access them and that they are rated enough for a recovery. Park Requirement.
- Full Size Spare Tire - Park Requirement.
- Recovery Hardware - D-Rings, Recovery Straps, Shovels, etc.. not required, but should have. I personally have 3 or so d-rings, winch, recovery strap, tree-strap, snatch block, etc.. and I'm sure other people will too.
- CB Radios / Walky Talkies -- Not required, but nice to have and comes in handy.
- AAA Plus - Should have this always.. nothing like breaking down far from your house and having to pay for a tow! On a similar note, if you have a Rover still under warranty (LR extended also), you should have LR Roadside recovery, which will tow you to the nearest dealership or 50 miles for free. AAA Plus will tow you 100 miles with your membership.
- When you arrive, make sure you have a full tank of gas, i'm sure there are gas stations nearby. Also, don't forget quarters if you want to air down your tires.
- Lunch, we'll stop for lunch on the trail, so bring something to eat!
- Liquids - It's a long day, you will get thirsty.
- Cigarettes - If you smoke em, make sure you have em! If you're sitting around waiting for a recovery, you'd be amazed at how much you smoke.
- Garbage bag - You bring it in, you bring it out.. Even your cigarette butts.
Comfort Inn (PA130) US 443 & I-81 , Pine Grove, PA, US, 17963. (570) 345-8031 -- Last year it was $62.99 either with AAA or if mentioning Rausch Creek.
Park costs are here: http://rc4x4.org/sis/mem.php
Children under the age of 18, require a parental waver.
Rausch Creek Main Page
The main thread on this is over on Muddy Oval: http://muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6698
... if you're planning on attending, either post up over there, or post here so I can add you to the list.. I just want to get an estimate of how many people are attending so I can let Lynn at RC know..