Rally for the Hammers! Help needed. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Buckon37s's Avatar
Buckon37s
Status: Offline
Buck
Re-Fendered 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Temecula, CA, USA
Posts: 3,376
Rally for the Hammers! Help needed.

We are in danger of losing the Hammers! Some of you on the West Coast know what this area is and means to our sport. For those of you who don't, it is probably the most challenging and vast wheeling in the world. Second only to Las Crusas. If this shuts down, I will probably sell me Defender.

Pirate is having an online rally here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664229

It is a start. The sad part is, this time we are not fighting a green Nazi, but rather the USMC. That makes this hard for me as I support them with all my heart, but we can't lose this land!

Thanks, Dave

edit: Here are some pictures from the last few years at JV (Hammers). I didn't want to resize them so you'll have to click, sorry.















__________________
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
West Coast Rovers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reel Driveline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
woldd90's Avatar
woldd90
Status: Offline
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,329
Thanks Buck, let's keep the fight up.
__________________
Scott

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM
sherpamike's Avatar
sherpamike
Status: Offline
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 625
Registry
I'm there Buck.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
1000kva's Avatar
1000kva
Status: Offline
paul girard
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.
Posts: 203
I used stumbleupon and put the pirate 4x4 page under motorsports. If you don't know what stumbleupon is it is as toolbar that you install on firefox (and maybe IE) that sends you sites aligned with your interests. What you do is fill out a survey as part of activating it and you list all your interests. Then if for example, you said that you liked "British History" or something else, if someone "stumbeledupon" a good site having to do with "British History" and submitted it as such- then the next you clicked on the toolbar you would get that site on your browser. It is like having 3 million friends all sending you emails to check out a neat site. Be warned it is very addictive!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Buckon37s's Avatar
Buckon37s
Status: Offline
Buck
Re-Fendered 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Temecula, CA, USA
Posts: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000kva
I used stumbleupon and put the pirate 4x4 page under motorsports. If you don't know what stumbleupon is it is as toolbar that you install on firefox (and maybe IE) that sends you sites aligned with your interests. What you do is fill out a survey as part of activating it and you list all your interests. Then if for example, you said that you liked "British History" or something else, if someone "stumbeledupon" a good site having to do with "British History" and submitted it as such- then the next you clicked on the toolbar you would get that site on your browser. It is like having 3 million friends all sending you emails to check out a neat site. Be warned it is very addictive!
what?
__________________
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
West Coast Rovers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reel Driveline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
chrisvonc's Avatar
chrisvonc
Status: Offline
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Va
Posts: 4,135
MARCH 12th 2-6 pm Pacific standard time!
__________________
Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
1000kva's Avatar
1000kva
Status: Offline
paul girard
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.
Posts: 203
buck, basically I forwarded the rally to the most people I knew how- through using a web based application
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Buckon37s's Avatar
Buckon37s
Status: Offline
Buck
Re-Fendered 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Temecula, CA, USA
Posts: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000kva
buck, basically I forwarded the rally to the most people I knew how- through using a web based application
Very cool. Thanks to all those that helped.
__________________
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
West Coast Rovers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reel Driveline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM
WhiteD90's Avatar
WhiteD90
Status: Offline
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 816
what's the latest dude? We are talking about maybe going to the Hammers in Feb instead of Las Cruces next year.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Landspeed's Avatar
Landspeed
Status: Offline
Langdon Hill
D-90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aravaipa Arizona
Posts: 33
green Nazi

How offensive do you really get? If you are interested I am sure I know where there are some hummers you can buy after you sell your defender.

Lang Hill

Follow-up Post:

December 30, 1978 Name: Buck

My family ranches cattle in SE Arizona. There is an art and skill in ballancing the land, the livestock and what erver else the universe throws at you. We use the term green in our managing practice. It gives us ballance in observing how the "nature" of our opperation works. When I see anyone throw our a term like, Green Nazi it just makes me pity the fool who thinks like that. It also helps me deicde that as ranchers, we should close more of our shared resources to OHV as this kind of attitude prevails. WHy has not a single D-90 person spoken up about this use of language? What in the hell does little buck know about Nazi's? Buck your were born in 1978, you have no idea. Have you ever worked in Europe? I doubt it. Grow the hell up and try to use more intelligent language when you attempt to descrtibe your feelings.

Lang Hill
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Buckon37s's Avatar
Buckon37s
Status: Offline
Buck
Re-Fendered 90
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Temecula, CA, USA
Posts: 3,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeed
How offensive do you really get? If you are interested I am sure I know where there are some hummers you can buy after you sell your defender.

Lang Hill

Follow-up Post:

December 30, 1978 Name: Buck

My family ranches cattle in SE Arizona. There is an art and skill in ballancing the land, the livestock and what erver else the universe throws at you. We use the term green in our managing practice. It gives us ballance in observing how the "nature" of our opperation works. When I see anyone throw our a term like, Green Nazi it just makes me pity the fool who thinks like that. It also helps me deicde that as ranchers, we should close more of our shared resources to OHV as this kind of attitude prevails. WHy has not a single D-90 person spoken up about this use of language? What in the hell does little buck know about Nazi's? Buck your were born in 1978, you have no idea. Have you ever worked in Europe? I doubt it. Grow the hell up and try to use more intelligent language when you attempt to descrtibe your feelings.

Lang Hill
Your an elitist, piece of shit, idiotic, green Nazi. Hope that makes you feel better Mr. T.
__________________
2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
West Coast Rovers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reel Driveline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help accommodations needed MOAB Rally ron Misc. Chit-Chat 7 August 19th, 2008 01:18 PM
GBES GPS Rally June 16/17 Nevada MG/WCB Trips, Trails and Events 0 June 6th, 2006 07:28 PM
National Rally LEADVILLE 2005 mhansen Trips, Trails and Events 22 August 8th, 2005 09:10 AM
National rally in Moab SlickRockFab The Vendors Loft 4 September 22nd, 2004 05:56 PM
National Rally (1998) - Colorado USA chrisvonc Trip & Trail Reports 0 June 19th, 2004 10:58 AM

» Defender Registry

Red

KGH

The Money Pit

Jcng722
Add your Defender

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Copyright