Rally for the Hammers! Help needed. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old March 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Rally for the Hammers! Help needed.

We are in danger of losing the Hammers! Some of you on the West Coast know what this area is and means to our sport. For those of you who don't, it is probably the most challenging and vast wheeling in the world. Second only to Las Crusas. If this shuts down, I will probably sell me Defender.

Pirate is having an online rally here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664229

It is a start. The sad part is, this time we are not fighting a green Nazi, but rather the USMC. That makes this hard for me as I support them with all my heart, but we can't lose this land!

Thanks, Dave

edit: Here are some pictures from the last few years at JV (Hammers). I didn't want to resize them so you'll have to click, sorry.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Thanks Buck, let's keep the fight up.

Old March 9th, 2008, 09:27 PM
sherpamike
Mike Doligalski
'95 D90 ST

Registry
I'm there Buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
1000kva
paul girard

I used stumbleupon and put the pirate 4x4 page under motorsports. If you don't know what stumbleupon is it is as toolbar that you install on firefox (and maybe IE) that sends you sites aligned with your interests. What you do is fill out a survey as part of activating it and you list all your interests. Then if for example, you said that you liked "British History" or something else, if someone "stumbeledupon" a good site having to do with "British History" and submitted it as such- then the next you clicked on the toolbar you would get that site on your browser. It is like having 3 million friends all sending you emails to check out a neat site. Be warned it is very addictive!
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000kva
I used stumbleupon and put the pirate 4x4 page under motorsports. If you don't know what stumbleupon is it is as toolbar that you install on firefox (and maybe IE) that sends you sites aligned with your interests. What you do is fill out a survey as part of activating it and you list all your interests. Then if for example, you said that you liked "British History" or something else, if someone "stumbeledupon" a good site having to do with "British History" and submitted it as such- then the next you clicked on the toolbar you would get that site on your browser. It is like having 3 million friends all sending you emails to check out a neat site. Be warned it is very addictive!
what?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

MARCH 12th 2-6 pm Pacific standard time!

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:40 PM
1000kva
paul girard

buck, basically I forwarded the rally to the most people I knew how- through using a web based application
Old March 22nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000kva
buck, basically I forwarded the rally to the most people I knew how- through using a web based application
Very cool. Thanks to all those that helped.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

what's the latest dude? We are talking about maybe going to the Hammers in Feb instead of Las Cruces next year.
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Landspeed
Langdon Hill
D-90 SW

green Nazi

How offensive do you really get? If you are interested I am sure I know where there are some hummers you can buy after you sell your defender.

Lang Hill

Follow-up Post:

December 30, 1978 Name: Buck

My family ranches cattle in SE Arizona. There is an art and skill in ballancing the land, the livestock and what erver else the universe throws at you. We use the term green in our managing practice. It gives us ballance in observing how the "nature" of our opperation works. When I see anyone throw our a term like, Green Nazi it just makes me pity the fool who thinks like that. It also helps me deicde that as ranchers, we should close more of our shared resources to OHV as this kind of attitude prevails. WHy has not a single D-90 person spoken up about this use of language? What in the hell does little buck know about Nazi's? Buck your were born in 1978, you have no idea. Have you ever worked in Europe? I doubt it. Grow the hell up and try to use more intelligent language when you attempt to descrtibe your feelings.

Lang Hill
Old July 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landspeed
How offensive do you really get? If you are interested I am sure I know where there are some hummers you can buy after you sell your defender.

Lang Hill

Follow-up Post:

December 30, 1978 Name: Buck

My family ranches cattle in SE Arizona. There is an art and skill in ballancing the land, the livestock and what erver else the universe throws at you. We use the term green in our managing practice. It gives us ballance in observing how the "nature" of our opperation works. When I see anyone throw our a term like, Green Nazi it just makes me pity the fool who thinks like that. It also helps me deicde that as ranchers, we should close more of our shared resources to OHV as this kind of attitude prevails. WHy has not a single D-90 person spoken up about this use of language? What in the hell does little buck know about Nazi's? Buck your were born in 1978, you have no idea. Have you ever worked in Europe? I doubt it. Grow the hell up and try to use more intelligent language when you attempt to descrtibe your feelings.

Lang Hill
Your an elitist, piece of shit, idiotic, green Nazi. Hope that makes you feel better Mr. T.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events