Portland Happy Hour? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old January 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Yep that was me. Too bad you can't make it. I need to be home at 7 unfortunately but I'm up for meeting a little earlier, say 4:30 if everyone's around then.
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

See you then.
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2014, 05:39 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

I will be there also.
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Great meeting everyone last night. Super sweet rigs everyone has. Thanks Ryan for arranging distillery tour and parking. Let's do this again soon!
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Great meetup, guys. Trucks were awesome. Thanks for the tour and parking, Ryan. And thanks so much, guys, for all of the Portland tourist suggestions. We hit up almost of all them and a few of those restaurants, too, and it was great. My son went nuts for OMSI. We'll definitely have to come down again, though I may take Amtrak next time.

The drive back home was interesting. Didn't get home until 2:30am. My wife and son took I-5 straight home after dinner but I decided to take the back roads and drove the 110 to Astoria and to the ocean at Long Beach before heading up the 101 to Olympia. The beach was crazy and I almost got caught on the sand when the tide came roaring in. Also made a fun little side trip in Astoria:

/
/
/
/
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Daniel1
Daniel
1984 D110

Let me know if you guys plan another one of these. Just signed a new client in Portland and will be back and forth for the next year.
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:27 AM
tpond
Toby Pond

Nicole and I had a great time also.

It was nice meeting you Chris. I am glad you had a nice weekend, without ending it with your truck in the Pacific.

It would be nice to make this a more regular thing.
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:36 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpond View Post
Nicole and I had a great time also.

It was nice meeting you Chris. I am glad you had a nice weekend, without ending it with your truck in the Pacific.

It would be nice to make this a more regular thing.
Toby, give Nicole an extra special thanks from my wife Rachel and me. Her dining recommendations were so spot on. I think we have very similar tastes in restaurants. My wife especially enjoyed Papa Haydn and I ate so much kickass ice cream in one sitting at Salt and Straw that I thought I might die. Mushroom and port wine ice cream? WTF? It was awesome. Lunch at Lardo was off the hook. Sadly, we never found a babysitter so we didn't get to make it to the cocktail bars but maybe next time.

Anyway, looking forward to doing this again!

/
/
/
/
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:45 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel1 View Post
Let me know if you guys plan another one of these. Just signed a new client in Portland and will be back and forth for the next year.
Go out next week! I'll be there Wednesday night I think
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

So Neill and I are flying into Portland today and will be in town till the 28th. So who is down for another happy hour get together? We are staying in the downtown area.

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I'm up for it. Next week some time? I'm out of town this weekend.
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

I would be interested also. Let me know what night works.
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash303 View Post
So Neill and I are flying into Portland today and will be in town till the 28th. So who is down for another happy hour get together? We are staying in the downtown area.
Rent a car and come on up Saturday!
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

You should. I'll be up there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybluett View Post
Rent a car and come on up Saturday!
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:28 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Hell yeah. How about Gig Harbor Happy Hour? We could use the extra hands when it's time to move the body.

/
/
/
/
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Did you guys make it up?
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

Yeah actually we are sitting in the cigar lounge at Kells having a couple pints and some stogies. Let's get this happy hour thing going?!

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Sure. Brian (Defenders Northwest) will be down later in the week as well. Perhaps that's a good time?
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

Yeah just let us know. We really don't where or what to do around here, but we are up for what ever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
happy hour