Portland Happy Hour? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old January 4th, 2014, 01:55 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Guys, if you all go on the 5th we won't be there.

We head up the Columbia the day of the 6th, then we need to tie up, get into the hotel, etc.etc.

So really for us it needs to be the 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

Neill

We can do two meets at the distillery for anyone who is in the area. I'd already had plans with Jeff to meet there tomorrow but wanted to welcome anyone else.

If tomorrow doesn't work for the bulk of everyone, lets set another date. I'm indifferent, I live a mile away and am always here.
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Hey guys, sorry I didn't make it. I was working on a sals axle yesterday and it ended up taking a lot longer than planned and by the time it was done, it was too late to make it down in a slow ex-MOD.

If you guys are still planning something for later this week, I'd like to try and make it. It's the work week for me so I would head down in the 110 the night before and spend the day working out of a coffee shop and then meet you guys after work. Friday would be best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Does Friday work for everyone? I should be available but need to plan ahead.
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

We're going to be there. Got a room at the Inn at Northrup Station for the weekend, which looks pretty close. I'm coming down on Thursday night and my wife and son are coming after work on Friday.

Any suggestions for family activities to do in Portland for Saturday and Sunday?

/
/
/
/
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
All,

This sucks, but work has us flying back to San Diego early. We leave tomorrow (Thursday).

We will be back at the end of the month, and then in the middle of February for over a week before taking the ship home.

A apologize to you all for having all these plans in motion. If you all still get together have a great time and maybe we can do it again in about a month.

Old January 9th, 2014, 07:08 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
I'll be there on 1/26; just saying...
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

So who's in for tomorrow, where do we meet and when?
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:34 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I'm still coming down. Driving the 110 down tonight after work.

/
/
/
/
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Just us then? Any preference for location? brewery?
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

No preference at all. I'm staying over near Ryan's distillery so we could still meet up there, even if he isn't coming.

/
/
/
/
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM
tpond
Toby Pond

I am in. The distillery sounds fine, never been.

Let me know what time works best.
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:17 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

How about 5PM?

I'm hitting the road for Portland right now.

Cruising the back roads down on this dark and stormy night with my little 2.5 NA.

/
/
/
/
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

5 works for me. Are we meeting at Bull run?
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
How about 5PM? I'm hitting the road for Portland right now. Cruising the back roads down on this dark and stormy night with my little 2.5 NA.
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:33 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Cut across at Longview and take HWY 30 in.
That sounds perfect. I was looking at crazy logging roads just west of Mount St. Helens but I don't have my GPS maps loaded and it's so wet out, I'd hate to get stuck out there. Another time, maybe.

I'll have some APRS tracking up here in the next 30 minutes or so after I stop for gatorade and Copenhagen:

http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&cal...3600&tail=3600

I love road trips, especially late-night ones.

/
/
/
/
Old January 10th, 2014, 01:55 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Made it safe and sound last night. Rolled in about 2AM. Lots of rain and wind. I love XZLs in Utah but they sure do suck ass on soaked highways. Highway 30 was really neat though, thanks for the suggestion.

So, the girls at the coffee shop this morning were talking doom and gloom about the storm that's supposed to be coming in. I'm still on for the distillery but it sounds like the usual rover meetup parking lot hangout scene might not be so easy.

/
/
/
/
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Which one is the usual meet up?
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:35 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Which one is the usual meet up?
Maybe it's just a Colorado thing.

/
/
/
/
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Ron Mexico
Ryan
LR3

Quote:
I think I just passed you on Burnside!

I have plans that I can't get out of tonight, but you guys are welcome to use the parking lot. Jennifer will be in the tasting room until 6, she'll take care of you.

Someone send me a message if so, I'll make sure the towing company leaves you alone...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
happy hour