Phoenix,AZ area 4X4 Tours - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
terreneuve
John
1997 D90

Phoenix,AZ area 4X4 Tours

I am on holiday in the Phoenix area was was wondering if any one can recommend a good 4X4 tour?

I have heard of the Jeep Tours in Sedona but just wondering if anything else out there or can anyone recommend the Jeep Tour as a worthwhile tour??

I have never been in the desert before so thought it would be a change!

Thanks
John

97 D90 SW
01 110 Double Cab TD5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Sedona is a bucket list must see for the entire planet. Highly recommend going up there. It's about a 2 hour drive from Phx and when you come into the town (which is small-you can't miss it) the office will be on right with all the jeeps out front.

I know there is another jeep tour company in the Scottsdale area. Having lived there for 10 years, I remember seeing their jeeps running around from time to time but don't know where they go exactly. I think they served the scottsdale area resorts.

Those are the only ones I can think of. You will NOT regret going to Sedona.

Sedona is up in the mountains btw, around 5000 feet elevation which is above the snow line. It won't be like a spring or summer trip. Dress warm. very different climate and environment from the Phoenix valley basin. It is not a desert in the classic sense up there.

you might also check Tucson area. That's 3 hours south of Phx.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreneuve View Post
I am on holiday in the Phoenix area was was wondering if any one can recommend a good 4X4 tour?

I have heard of the Jeep Tours in Sedona but just wondering if anything else out there or can anyone recommend the Jeep Tour as a worthwhile tour??

I have never been in the desert before so thought it would be a change!

Thanks
John

97 D90 SW
01 110 Double Cab TD5
I highly recommend the "Broken Arrow" jeep tour out of Sedona. If you have the time, it's worth the while to drive up Oak Creek Canyon as well. And if you're driving to Sedona from Phoenix, take a little detour and drive up to Jerome. It's an old hippie/mining town but the views up and beyond are fantastic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Sedona is a bucket list must see for the entire planet. Highly recommend going up there. It's about a 2 hour drive from Phx and when you come into the town (which is small-you can't miss it) the office will be on right with all the jeeps out front.

I know there is another jeep tour company in the Scottsdale area. Having lived there for 10 years, I remember seeing their jeeps running around from time to time but don't know where they go exactly. I think they served the scottsdale area resorts.

Those are the only ones I can think of. You will NOT regret going to Sedona.

Sedona is up in the mountains btw, around 5000 feet elevation which is above the snow line. It won't be like a spring or summer trip. Dress warm. very different climate and environment from the Phoenix valley basin. It is not a desert in the classic sense up there.

you might also check Tucson area. That's 3 hours south of Phx.
Isn't there also one up near the Frog that runs out of Cave Creek/Carefree? Sonoran desert stuff up near Sheep's Crossing or Black Canyon/Table Mesa...
Old February 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I didn't get up there much so not sure. I had my own 4WD so never did any tours. Only reporting what I observed.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM
terreneuve
John
1997 D90

Thanks for the info!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
4x4