PCRC Snow Run - Tillamook Forest - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old January 12th, 2016, 03:43 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Here are some photos from the snow run. We had a great turn-out of 16 trucks. The local jeep club (Jolly Jeepers) whom I refer to as Jeepers Creepers was also invited. The weather was fantastic. We headed up to Triangulation Point in the Tillamook Forest. Only 6 trucks made it all the way. Great views from the top. It was great to see everyone and chat as always. 'til next time!
sad I missed out; would love to get some real mud on my truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Thanks! Yes, I'm glad I made the upgrade despite the punch in the wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Great PICs! Carl you have come along way in your RTT choice, since we met in Flagstaff!
Old January 12th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I was going to take it off during winter use but I got lazy and instead I just emptied it so now it is just an empty shell until later in the spring when I putt the mattress and bedding in. I was worried about attracting moisture (mold). It was too top heavy with the Air Top on the full rack but once I switched to cross bars it was fine. No issues on the trail and not noticeable that it's there. I do not have anti-away bars currently so I'm probably going to put those back on just to be safe. I'd rather have the sway bars over that rare moment when you need full articulation now that I have a tent up there.

What do you mean by power degradation? Fuel economy loss? No loss that I can tell. Worse than having nothing up there but better than having a roof rack (due to aerodynamics). I used two cross bars with matching feet from my Front Runner rack and the feet mounted to the roll cage are custom. I have a spare set that I was considering selling. I can email you close ups if you want more specifics on mounting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorUtah View Post
How does the 90 behave with the RTT? What are your driving impressions set up that way?Noticeable that is is up there? Is the power degradation huge or slight? I have both a 90 and an AirTop. Just wondering what to expect with it mounted. And how do you have it mounted, where did you get the gutter extensions.
Advertisement

Old January 12th, 2016, 04:28 PM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
I was going to take it off during winter use but I got lazy and instead I just emptied it so now it is just an empty shell until later in the spring when I putt the mattress and bedding in. I was worried about attracting moisture (mold). It was too top heavy with the Air Top on the full rack but once I switched to cross bars it was fine. No issues on the trail and not noticeable that it's there. I do not have anti-away bars currently so I'm probably going to put those back on just to be safe. I'd rather have the sway bars over that rare moment when you need full articulation now that I have a tent up there.

What do you mean by power degradation? Fuel economy loss? No loss that I can tell. Worse than having nothing up there but better than having a roof rack (due to aerodynamics). I used two cross bars with matching feet from my Front Runner rack and the feet mounted to the roll cage are custom. I have a spare set that I was considering selling. I can email you close ups if you want more specifics on mounting.

I would be very interested in pictures and possibly purchasing the feet. Since the V8 in these things are kind of low on power I wondered if you noticed less "pep". Good to know your mpg was unaffected. If you could email me the pics that would be great. Thanks!
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events