Pasadena Meet & Greet @ Lucky Baldiwns - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 4th, 2015, 01:37 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Pasadena Meet & Greet @ Lucky Baldiwns

With the hope that we can actually get some of the LA area people to come out for an hour or so to just shoot the breeze I'm going to start a meet and greet on the first Saturday of the month at Lucky Baldiwns Trappiste Pub & Cafe. Being that this Saturday is the first Saturday of the month we shall start this weekend. I'm figuring a couple of hours in the morning, from say around 10 am to noon. They serve a decent breakfast and have plenty of seating inside, as well as a patio area outside.

For those not familiar with the area they are located on the south side of Colorado Blvd east of Pasadena City College between Allen and Meridith. They have a parking area behind that you enter off of Meridith and there is usually street parking on Colorado as well.

In the spirit of Field of Dreams and the "if you build it, they will come" mentality I will be there a bit before 10 Saturday morning to have breakfast regardless. I'll try to get some street parking so look for my shed out front, if not i'll be parked in the back lot and I'll wear some sort of SCLR shirt or jacket. Hope to see you there!

Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2015, 02:11 PM
West
Eben
1989 110 Perentie Survey FFR

Meet and Greet

Thanks for putting this together. I'll be there with my Perentie. It will be good to finally meet a few of the local guys on the forum.
Old June 4th, 2015, 03:49 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

For those of you who are into IPA's Lucky Baldiwns IPA festival starts this weekend. Looks like they just put a keg of Pliny the Elder on tap Lucky Baldwin's Trappiste Pub & Cafe - Los Angeles - TapHunter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2015, 05:02 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
I'd love to come but sat. Are no Bueno for me. Let me know if you guys ever do one on a Sunday and possibly OC. Have fun!
Old June 5th, 2015, 10:19 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by emah View Post
I'd love to come but sat. Are no Bueno for me. Let me know if you guys ever do one on a Sunday and possibly OC. Have fun!
Perhaps once we get a group to start showing up regularly we can talk about moving it around a bit. I thought of the first Sunday of the month but that is the same day as the PCC Flea Market and the whole area turns into a zoo..

Old June 6th, 2015, 11:22 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Thanks for everyone that came out on short notice. Had a great time sitting around and BS'ing. The pub got busy around 11:00 when a lot of people started coming in to watch the Real Madrid vs Barca football game. When we finally left at noon it was standing room only.

Eben's Perentie:

Mike's super clean 95 LWB:

Hopefully we can get a few more people out next month when everyone has a bit more notice.

Old June 30th, 2015, 01:59 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Just a heads up - We'll be doing this again in July but due to the 4th being the first Saturday of the month I've decided to push it back a week for this month only. The meet and greet will be on July 11th @ 10 AM instead of the 4th.

Old June 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
West
Eben

I should be able to make it again. Put some paint on my hard top since last time. That light blue and aluminum look was driving me crazy. This will be the temp top until I can find the aluminum corner round extrusions and blend in the pickup top with the cargo top making a single piece roof coated with Line-X.

Old July 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Bump.. Coming up this Saturday, looks like a few more of the D90 locals are on board to make it out for this one.

One of the guys in SCLR works at a dealer and has some 1/0 battery leads with a 450A mega fuse that he has been collecting off of trucks when they PDI them. He gave me a boat load of them to hand out to anyone that wants them. I have a mix of long (24") and short (15") cables available. All have the same 450A mega fuse and holder. If you are coming and would like a couple for whatever random projects LMK and I'll toss some in the back of the truck before I head up.

Old July 7th, 2015, 05:30 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
jake, i sure wish i was still living in LA...

any possibility i could buy one of those 450A with long cable setup from you for my rig???
Old July 7th, 2015, 05:32 PM
West
Eben

Count me in on a set of the 24"cables and fuse. Would save me a little on my dual battery setup.
Old July 10th, 2015, 06:16 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Roger that Eben. Will bring a couple with to the M&G tomorrow.

Anyone that is planning on coming that would like some cables please chime in and let me know how many and what size so I can toss enough in the truck tonight.

See everyone tomorrow!

Old July 11th, 2015, 10:58 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Thanks to everyone that managed to make it out today. Had a great group of people with a pretty wide variety of trucks.. By my count it was one Series 1 107", two D90s, one D110, three D1s, two D2s, and two P38s. We took over the west side of Lucky Baldwins with our group

Hope to see everyone again next time - Back to the regularly scheduled first Saturday of the month for August!

Old September 1st, 2015, 01:13 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Bump - Just a reminder for all the Socal people that we'll be doing this again this Saturday at 10:00am at Lucky Baldwins.

Old September 1st, 2015, 03:02 PM
West
Eben

I won't be able to make it this time. Hope you have another great turnout like last time.
Old September 1st, 2015, 05:40 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
I won't be able to make it this time. Hope you have another great turnout like last time.
Thanks Eben! This M&G has turned into a monthly thing - first Saturday of the month. I forgot to post it up on here last month as I was busy leading a trip up to the White Mountains north of Bishop and then when I got back I was gone at Scout Camp with my son for the rest of the week and didn't return home until about 15 min till it was over.. They had a decent turn out last month from what I heard.

Old September 3rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Bump, just a reminder for all the local guys that this is happening again this Saturday morning at Lucky Baldiwns. Would like to see a few more of the local D90 guys show up if possible.

Old September 27th, 2015, 12:44 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Just a heads up that this coming Saturday, October 3 is the next Lucky Baldiwns meet and greet. If any locals are planning on going to the WNLRR in Sedona the weekend after a few people that are going are going to go over plans and talk shop about the trip. IIRC someone also mentioned there may be a mini HAM Radio clinic afterwards was well.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:53 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

Last minute bump as a reminder of tomorrows meet and greet.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:58 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events