Paragon/Rausch Creek - Page 5 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:00 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Woohoo.. I am cleared for Friday I can be up at Paragon early AM if anyone else wants to play hookie earlier and wheel in the AM. Any others that were planning on showing up around noonish or so, we can come back to the staging area to pick them up and get back out for some more runs if people like.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2004, 03:21 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Well, it looks like I'll be celebrating President Reagan's life while I'm on the trail in PA! That man keeps rising higher and higher on my list of "Most Respected Men"!
Old June 7th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

I talked to Steve (Rovertym) earlier today and told him about the change in camping spots. He already has a place at the KOA and he said that he may just stay there with the folks he's coming with (John Baily, Drew S., and maybe John Bradley-Smith) since they plan on running Rausch Friday and Saturday. He said that he'd ask the others if they wanted to change camping spots and camp with us but, he thinks that they have already paid KOA. Not to mention that the KOA is closer to Rausch and he isn't going to run Paragon. I told him we were meeting up at the MX office at 8:30 on Sat. and he said that he would meet us there if they stay at the KOA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Sorry my bad set up at RR Red Ridge then head over to Paragon.
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:06 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Lyn at Rausch mentioned a nice campground off of Exit 112 called Camp-a-While. Tyler and I will check it out on our way up for future reference.
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:39 PM
jorge
JORGE ESPINOZA
97 ST WHITE MODS SUPERCHARGED

Registry
I won't be able to make it this weekend, I'll keep monitoring the site for your pics of the good company and great time I'll be missing.
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Thats a shame Jorge. But you are close enough you can make other Paragon/Rausch trips.

Follow-up Post:

BTW, it looks like it will just be me and the doggy Friday, camping Friday night and Sat. This should be good. We only recently started breaking this new dog in on trail runs but this will be the first camping trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:37 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Rausch has a Office on Main Street in Joliet for the Off-Road Park. Saturday at 8.30am.
Tyler- I am going to have a tough time meeting you by 9am Friday.
I have to stop by Andrea's (funny modern marriage. Anybody else live 90 miles from their wife?) and fit a window a/c unit as well as pay the neighbor's vet bills (Francis the Lab bit Buster the Boxer. I also have to fix the hole in the fence.)
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

The Office location for the off-road park has change at Rausch. Lyn is now located down in the staging area of the park and not up at teh MX track anymore. Changed right after we were there the last time.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:57 AM
mudrover
Peter Miller
1990 RR
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrsrvc
Francis the Lab bit Buster the Boxer
That's a good one.

Jorge, sorry to hear you couldn't make it.

Chris what time do you want to meet up and is there a 3rd party for AM wheeling?

Rigless for now
1999.5 CC PSD - Tow Bus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I can meet basicly anytime. I'm only @ 90 minutes away. Mike said he was leaving NH at 1am so its just a matter of when he thinks he will get there. Last time I did the drive to Nashua NH it took me @ 6 - 7 hours. I think people may be showing up around the noonish area as well so it looks to be pretty flexible.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

We figure 6 hours and about 30 to 45 min to dump our stuff at Red Ridge so that puts us at Paragon at about 8am. they don't open until 9 am so we can meet then sound good Chris and anyone else that is going to try and make it for the AM, Pete?
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

afternoon for me. Can we meet up? I know that phones on the trails are pretty sketchy, as are CBs. Do I remember that some people might be meeting at 1230 in the lot at Paragon on Friday?
Old June 9th, 2004, 11:25 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

last time I was up there I was getting ok cell coverage with my new phone. The sign-in board will also have our CB and cell info. I was talking to Mike last night and I think in the morning we will stay close in the front part of the park so we can easily jump up to the staging area as others get there. I believe some others said they would be shooting for the 12:30 arrival time.

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
mudrover
Peter Miller
1990 RR
D-90 Source Vendor

I'm gonna try and show up at the Gas Station around 8:30 to get gas and supplies so I'll meet everyone at the park enterance.

Rigless for now
1999.5 CC PSD - Tow Bus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:03 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Trevor-Ok let me know if you are able to meet up. i'm planning on being at Paragon by 1230.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old June 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Lyn sent an e-mail reminding everyone that the Rausch Off-Road office has moved.
Exit 107 turn right at the end of the ramp. Left on Joliett Street and a quick left on Main Street. After the sharp hairpin, the entrance is on the right. Open from 8-10 on Sat and Sun. If anybody plans on camping on the property, they have to let her know, so that she doesn't lock them in.
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

got the truck back one prob snapped a fan belt
drives good,didnt get far the first day but we drove for 22hrs not dropping below 85/90mph only stopping for fuel and food got back 5am thu ready to turn around and head back that way with mike at 1am fri :-)
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:19 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

If anyone wants my Cell #, just shoot me a PM. I will be up and about tonight until 10:30pm at least and up & about @5am feeding the dogs and will check back before hitting the road.

I will take a stab in the dark and call ch.7 or ch 14 once in the park but the group board in the office will list for sure what we are on. See you up there!

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

OK last check in for me, Gotta go pack get gas and some food then hit the road. Just finished my supa duper goofy top secret project at the last second will let all of you know when I get back on the board on Sunday night but those who go out wheeling will get to check it out early!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events