Paragon/Rausch Creek - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 6th, 2004, 01:24 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Well, as I suspected would happen my friend with the Jeep Grand Cher just told me he can't make it next weekend... So that leaves me free to go to Rausch with you guys.. So looks like I will make it for Camping Friday and Saturday nights but, wheeling on Saturday only.

OK, so Red Ridge is 30 to 40 minutes away from Rausch.. KOA we would be spread out all over the place.. What about the dump we stayed at last time? Wasn't that great but, the people were nice enough and pretty easy going.

Or if we stay at red ridge do we just want to run Paragon on Saturday too and do Rausch sunday since that maybe on the way home of most people anyway?
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:09 PM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

I am not going to make waves- I' ll stay at Red Ridge to continue bonding! Also, Ty, I think the Rausch office opens at 8.30.
Would that make a better target meeting time due to the propensity of lateness that always accompanies a larger group? It also gives your 3.9 some rest time after climbing the hills.
Like the big one from exit 104 to the rausch office.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2004, 08:12 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Eric, That's not a bad idea about running Paragon on Sat too. I see on their calendar that they've got BMJA PAL Run, PA Jeeps, NAXJA, and Rubicon Owners.

CVC, do you know those groups? Any idea how crowded it would be?
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:15 PM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Ken- No, I haven't come up with a better idea! Besides, I may need help keeping my dog from catching on fire again!
Eric- Maybe a topic of discussion on Friday night if this looks like it's getting huge (I have told only 1 person!) (honest!).
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:18 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I dont know any of them but depending on the trails people in our group want to run, groups can most likely not have too many traffic jams. I would not mind Paragon on sat. as well. I will find out for sure tomorrow if I will be off Friday. Still not sure fully about camping yet but if I gat off friday I will be in for Friday and Sat.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:19 PM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

What's the deal with Paragon and guides? Can you still go out on your own with a group of 3 or more?
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:20 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrsrvc
Ken- No, I haven't come up with a better idea! Besides, I may need help keeping my dog from catching on fire again!
Eric- Maybe a topic of discussion on Friday night if this looks like it's getting huge (I have told only 1 person!) (honest!).
Well, its kind of a "have to see friday night" kind of turn out. Last year we were expecting a lot more than who actually showed up. The weather was rainy so I assumed that kept a bunch away friday night and sat, but sunday, more came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrsrvc
What's the deal with Paragon and guides? Can you still go out on your own with a group of 3 or more?
Yes, as long as someone in the group is Guide certified, groups of 3 can still head out on their own. To get the guide cert, show up 30 minutes earlier and take their safety/regulations course and you are certified. Its free and lasts about 15 minutes and its good for 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Ok, let's all plan on camping at Red Ridge on Friday and you guys who wheel on Friday can get an idea on the Saturday crowd at Paragon and whether it'll be good for us. We can discuss over popcorn! I love it when a plan comes together.
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Are we just showing up at Red Ridge on Friday and telling them D-90 and they are going to put us all in a group? Or do we still need to call them? I should be there around 3 or 4 pm on Friday afternoon. Maybe earlier.
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM
mudrover
Peter Miller
1990 RR
D-90 Source Vendor

Maybe I missed it, but where are we meeting Friday afternoon, Paragon or Red Ridge?

Rigless for now
1999.5 CC PSD - Tow Bus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:31 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

I called them already and told them to look out for a very benevolent guy in a pristine RR Classic. ()

Whomever arrives first, just tell them that you're with the D-90 Group and start staking out our territory. Pee on trees, set up cones, yellow and black tape, whatever...

I think there is a two nite minimum, so those of you going for just one nite will have to pay for two. (That $20 may play into your decision to bathe in the lap of luxury of avacado green bathrooms with shag carpet. :=) Even if you show up on Sat, you gotta pay for 2 nites. Tyler, did you save $20 from all the repairs you've had to do, or do we need to sneak you in?

Pete, Fri is Paragon (check on the previous page. I think Mike is collecting everyone at noon-ish) Sat is RC or Paragon (decided over popcorn at the campfire on Fri eve). Sounds like Sunday is RC for sure
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Opps I knew I needed money for something!! No need to sneak me in I have a talent for just walking in the front door and being left alone. 0830 sounds fine to me.

Jimmy Buffett

Old June 6th, 2004, 10:24 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I believe the plan originally was that Mike was going to be at Paragon at 12:30pm and get some afternoon trails in. What I proposed was that if I can get the day off I will go up early morning and make a full day of it if anyone else wanted to be there early. I have my guide cert and we can get a full day of trails in as long as we have 3 in the AM. If not, who ever shows up early should take Kens advice and stake out the camp site. Last year another group showed up shortly after Lisa and I got set up and started taking up space. If I can stay Friday night, i dont mind paying the 2 night fee. Its not that expensive. I'll just buy fresh fire starter fluid this time and dry wood.

Follow-up Post:

Do we have a good head count of how many people are fairly positive they are camping just so who ever gets there can grab room?

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:26 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Trevor and I are going to be stopping at the camp ground before we hit Paragon. I'll bring some caution tape to string up around our site.

Jimmy Buffett

Old June 7th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Well, one thing that Rausch has in favor over Paragon is that we are the only ones on thier calendar right now.
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

OK Jimmy and I will be heading out at 1am, to be at RC early setup camp and head to Paragon so if you make it Chris then we will have a group of 3.
Old June 7th, 2004, 08:29 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Your camping at Rausch?

Quote:
[/size]
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:07 AM
mudrover
Peter Miller
1990 RR
D-90 Source Vendor

Chris, Let me know if you are going to hit Paragon early, because I can show up anytime.

Rigless for now
1999.5 CC PSD - Tow Bus

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works
Old June 7th, 2004, 10:39 AM
rvrsrvc
Trevor Griffiths
71 109 double cab

Okay, I spoke with Lyn at Rausch Creek and volunteered all of us for a work weekend.
Work half a day and wheel the other half for free.
Just kidding.

Follow-up Post:

I know a couple of people who are joing us on Saturday only and are planning on meeting at Rausch Creek at 8.30am Saturday, so that's where I'll be going. No reason we can't hit both parks and just meet up on Saturday night for dinner.
Either way, I know I am looking forward to doing some wheelin', and hanging out with everyone...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events