NYC meetup - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
please wear assless chaps while waiting so I know it is horsey
Barry

When you lived in NYC area, did you own a defender? Perhaps you were much like Josh, trying to make a decent living, but couldn't swing the cost of owning a D --- yet. Now you own two. Big fucking deal. You must be a better man than him. Enough so, that you freely berate him.

You defend yourself as a someone who "contributes" to this forum which makes this okay? So, you say you've looked at some defenders for him and he's a no buyer and that pisses you off? I'm sure you had a great time doing so - after all, we all love defenders here and like to talk about them, right? So lets talk defenders, not this useless horsey crap. It's so old that mold is growing on the jokes. I don't even get what you are saying in your last post.

Your reputation will only deminish as this keeps going. East Coast-West Coast thing, trying to force members here to take sides on this issue by location? Give us all a break.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90 View Post
Barry

When you lived in NYC area, did you own a defender? Perhaps you were much like Josh, trying to make a decent living, but couldn't swing the cost of owning a D --- yet. Now you own two. Big fucking deal. You must be a better man than him. Enough so, that you freely berate him.

You defend yourself as a someone who "contributes" to this forum which makes this okay? So, you say you've looked at some defenders for him and he's a no buyer and that pisses you off? I'm sure you had a great time doing so - after all, we all love defenders here and like to talk about them, right? So lets talk defenders, not this useless horsey crap. It's so old that mold is growing on the jokes. I don't even get what you are saying in your last post.

Your reputation will only diminish as this keeps going. East Coast-West Coast thing, trying to force members here to take sides on this issue by location? Give us all a break.
What isn't there to understand about wearing assless chaps?

I could careless about my reputation so you want to tell me about it diminishing go for it. Have me kicked off. I really don't care. The people on here that I deal with for actual real stuff I will talk to regardless of this board. My asking anyone to take sides is about as important as me asking if you hate me because I am Jew. Well ....

Secondly I left Hoboken in 2001 and at the time it was not an option for me as I was 25 and broke. I did not however sit on this board or any board telling people I was in the market, constantly going through want ads, asking people for advice, posting to technical discussions about nonsense and being throwing up ads saying "not mine" As for wasting time looking for trucks I only looked at a couple 90s in pics for Horsey and told him what to look for. No real time wasted for me. I know he has sent a couple of people to go inspect trucks for him and did nothing about it. It might be fun for you but for most people with a life it is a pain. When you have someone trusting you to make assessments you need to be careful and really go through the vehicle. I did it for one board member who wanted a truck in LA and it took time and effort that if frankly he wasn't in the market for the vehicle was a waste of my time and the sellers. In my case it wasn't.

Oh and since you really want to start with me and think I am douche I might as well be a real douche. You ruined that truck with that POS rack.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 01:14 PM ------

Oh and I am a better man than Horsey and you
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
What isn't there to understand about wearing assless chaps?

I could careless about my reputation so you want to tell me about it diminishing go for it. Have me kicked off. I really don't care. The people on here that I deal with for actual real stuff I will talk to regardless of this board. My asking anyone to take sides is about as important as me asking if you hate me because I am Jew. Well ....

Secondly I left Hoboken in 2001 and at the time it was not an option for me as I was 25 and broke. I did not however sit on this board or any board telling people I was in the market, constantly going through want ads, asking people for advice, posting to technical discussions about nonsense and being throwing up ads saying "not mine" As for wasting time looking for trucks I only looked at a couple 90s in pics for Horsey and told him what to look for. No real time wasted for me. I know he has sent a couple of people to go inspect trucks for him and did nothing about it. It might be fun for you but for most people with a life it is a pain. When you have someone trusting you to make assessments you need to be careful and really go through the vehicle. I did it for one board member who wanted a truck in LA and it took time and effort that if frankly he wasn't in the market for the vehicle was a waste of my time and the sellers. In my case it wasn't.

Oh and since you really want to start with me and think I am douche I might as well be a real douche. You ruined that truck with that POS rack.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 01:14 PM ------

Oh and I am a better man than Horsey and you

Blah Blah Blah.
Today you sit on this board and all you are doing is insulting it's members.
The only thing that really hurt me is that you don't like my RN rack.

There's a convenient feature in user CP. Added bjf to my ignore list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Not insulting it's members. Just you
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM
jeffs90
Jeff Hirsch
1995 Red ST

Wow this happy hour got harsh quick.

I have to say I say I dont really care for Jews or that rack either.
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:20 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Is this a thread for a social hour or a gang fight?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

People need to lighten up. It is a damn joke. I don't have any ill feelings for anyone except this guy who ruined a blue truck with a terrible rack.
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:33 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Well I'm ready for a beer ...
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

when and where??
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:52 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Hahaha. Imola it was last night at Tribeca Tavern. Anyway, Gery, Cliff, Dan, and Jorge...nice meeting you all and checking out some of your trucks. Jason took some better pics I'm sure. Good turnout...will hopefully get more the next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HH1 resized.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	26013   Click image for larger version

Name:	HH2 resized.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	26014  

Name:	HH3 resized.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	26015   Click image for larger version

Name:	HH4 resized.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	26016  

Name:	HH5 resized.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	26017  
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I will have to make it next time
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
1994 Defender 90 #916

nice to meet everyone! we drank lots and told some good stories. we will need a bigger crowd next time and try to do something later in the spring.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:17 AM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

I couldn't make it last night. I will next time. Its already spring
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:40 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Nice to meet you guys. I'm sure we'll get together again soon!
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:48 PM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Hahaha. Imola it was last night at Tribeca Tavern. Anyway, Gery, Cliff, Dan, and Jorge...nice meeting you all and checking out some of your trucks. Jason took some better pics I'm sure. Good turnout...will hopefully get more the next time.
ahhhh...great...hope there will be another one soon!
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
How would this Thursday (or suggestions) work for people? My truck is supposed to arrive tomorrow night or Wednesday morning!
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
How would this Thursday (or suggestions) work for people? My truck is supposed to arrive tomorrow night or Wednesday morning!
Have them deliver it right to the bar so we can buy a bottle of champagne to "christen" her
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Can't do Wednesday or Thursday this week ... But Tuesday is possible.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
1994 Defender 90 #916

This week is bad for me. Next week is better.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Been 2 months. Let's get this going again. Thursday? Or perhaps a weekend workshop deal?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events