NOVA HH Wheeling Event? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Apparently it was a need to adjust the rod on the MC (?) as well as, as anticipated, the need to be bled a bit more. What a whore these discos are to bleed the brakes on! Will pick it up on Friday. To make her happy I ordered new e-brake shoes and bought Jonathan's sand ladders. Now to find opportunities to use them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
booster pushrod. we talked about that so nice to know we were on the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
Apparently it was a need to adjust the rod on the MC (?) as well as, as anticipated, the need to be bled a bit more. What a whore these discos are to bleed the brakes on! Will pick it up on Friday. To make her happy I ordered new e-brake shoes and bought Jonathan's sand ladders. Now to find opportunities to use them!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
What a whore these discos are to bleed the brakes on!
I feel your pain. I've bled, adjusted, and even reverse bled, and I still can't get the brakes to lock up. They still work, just not as good as I want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Decided not to sell Tony?

How about we have this at Gore? That way I'd be able to join you guys for some of it. Some may even want to attend the OCC 101/201 class.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I've never wheeled Gore or GWNF, so I am open to suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

I have the dates in July blocked off...so it doesnt matter to me where we go. I havent been to Gore, so not familiar with camp sites, but have heard it is a fun place to wheel. Also, the brakes on my d2- first press down and they dont work well, release brake pedal, and quickly push down again and they are perfect. hmmm.....im going to try and tackle it this weekend. typical rover i guess.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:19 PM
speedpin
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV

Registry
I will pencil in the dates. I plan on taking the Disco to the beach (250 miles) the week of the 4th for its maiden voyage, so we will see...
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
booster pushrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I feel your pain. I've bled, adjusted, and even reverse bled, and I still can't get the brakes to lock up. They still work, just not as good as I want.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Just a reminder, July 17th is the day!

Semper Fi!
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Are we set on going to Gore?
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sound like that is where a few others want to go.

Semper Fi!
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:26 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sounds good to me! Anyone else considering spending some time in the OCC classes that weekend?
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Not me. My concern is that this is supposed to be a NOVA HH/wheeling event, not a road trip to the OCC classes.

Semper Fi!
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:33 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Jonathan, you can't just go to Gore though. You have to go as part of an officially sanctioned wheeling event, of which there are few (and I think technically speaking its supposed to be limited to John Hunt's Big Dogs events even, although they do let other clubs wheel there).

That said, Tony says he knows Alex and his boys, so if he wants to call them up and ask if a group of rovers can go wheeling they might just let you, but I'd do so ahead of time before planning a trip out there..
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
That was my point to the thread. I arranged the date, someone else needs to arrage the venue. I've never wheeled Gore or GWNF, so I have no clue about those places.

Semper Fi!
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
From talking to Tony and Jonathan it looks like you guys are headed to GWNF on July 17th, but someone needs to step up and figure out where. If anyone wants to go on a reconnaissance run to GWNF, there is one being planned for this weekend (although I think so far only one person has signed up) by an OCC member. I can't go as I'll be in transit to FL but if you are interested in going please let me know and I'll sign you up and get you a contact.

Date : Sunday, June 20, 2010

Meeting Place A: Wendy's Manassas

Meeting Time : 7:45 AM

Leaving Time : 8:00 AM

Meeting Place B: Sheetz off Rt 33 in Harrisonburg

Meeting Time : 10:00 AM

Leaving Time?: 10:15 AM

Trail(s) : Flagpole or what ever we decide to do that day.

Lunch : Bring your lunch to eat on the trail
Non-Members : Bring Medical Form and Release Waiver Form

Contact Info : (C)304-261-7972; CB Channel 4

Minimum Requirements : Suitable recovery points, full size spare, and anything
else you think you may need. Be prepared for anything
because there is no way to tell what condition these trails may be in.
Old June 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
GWNF it is. I'll plan on a scouting run a week or two prior, unless someone that is going has actually been there.

Semper Fi!
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:23 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

Been there probably 10 times. Familiar with salt shed and dry run areas (closed when i was there a month ago). Still not completely comfortable with all the trails. Can easily navigate to flagpole area either off 33 or up the easy way (briery branch road). Some trails to the west I would like to explore. Next time I will actually take a map or gps.

Let me know about the scouting trip.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:32 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Anyone up for playing hookie in the next week or two to scout GWNF for the July 17th HH?

Semper Fi!
Old July 5th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Hookie Day

The official GWNF scouting trip will take place on Monday, July 12th, so take a vacation day or call in sick!

Let me know if you are interested.

The NOVA wheeling trip is still on for July 17th.

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
event, nova, wheel