NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 77 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
I agree, it is not us, quiet and clean but the way it was suggested to my by Bill my manager, it was a less than formal place and Pat the manager would be happy to oblige with "d 90 forum hh".
when I asked for him, I was told he had gone home but to explain my case to "the other manager"... he never showed nor did I inquire further.
a bit pricey as well or it is just my observation?
for me Fredneck HH may be a little of a stretch.... leesburg? the jury is still debating...lol. hoping for a hung or dead lock outcome because either one benefits me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:12 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Col. Brooks Tavern? I know it's not "northern Virginia", but since many of he HH attendees are from the Maryland and DC area, I propose that it be more central to everyone. It's also right on the Red Line, so it's possible for people to Metro there.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Col. Brooks Tavern? I know it's not "northern Virginia", but since many of he HH attendees are from the Maryland and DC area, I propose that it be more central to everyone. It's also right on the Red Line, so it's possible for people to Metro there.

For someone who never shows up you certainly have a lot of suggestions in regards to CONSISTENCY of dates and LOCATIONS

*ROTFLMAO*
Old June 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Hmmm!!! For someone that does not show-up to HH... your locations are a bit questionable... perhaps you work near this place???

All kidding aside... this place has a good rep. We could try it.

------ Follow up post added June 16th, 2011 09:38 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbier View Post
for someone who never shows up you certainly have a lot of suggestions in regards to consistency of dates and locations

*rotflmao*
ditto.... *ROTFLMAO*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
carlosz
Carlos

Registry
tell you what, this is a great idea you guys will love it and we may make it permanent...
there is a mobile caterer (aka roach coach).. maria's catering... we can call and eing a roack coach we make hh anywhere in the metro area... hell we can even find her at contruction sites..... lol....
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
tell you what, this is a great idea you guys will love it and we may make it permanent...
there is a mobile caterer (aka roach coach).. maria's catering... we can call and eing a roack coach we make hh anywhere in the metro area... hell we can even find her at contruction sites..... lol....

Old June 16th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Col Brooks

I originally suggested this place. Hillstrubl, Nathanwind, myself, and Stormer scouted it out. It is more centrally located than any NoVA or MD location, it is pretty much a bullseye in the middle of the Beltway. However it is in the middle of DC so there is a traffic factor. At least during happy hour you will be going the opposite direction form other traffic that is trying to escape the city. And I can help with choosing a route, because...wait for it... ... ... ... ... ... ... it is very close to my house.

Now, when you are done laughing, consider that it does have decently priced food that is about 100fucking times better than the gruel served at Jays. It also has a beer selection that is 100millionfucking times better than Jays. It also has:

1. Outdoor seating
2. Huge fucking parking lot that is free.

I have had issues there with service occasionally. And for the soft top set you will have to lock up your GPS and Ipad and all the other $$$ bling shit you leave in you car in NoVA because, hey, this is DC.

When we went on a Tuesday it went really well IMO. We had good weather and good scenery. I don't know how crowded it will get on a Thursday evening, but would be happy to scout it out any time. I imagine we will be fine with our early arrival.

It is literally across the street from the Redline metro.

Sorry I have missed so many HH this year. It really sucks, I didn't even know about this last one until 9:30 tuesday night. All the other ones I was out of town or working late. I really wanted to theck out the PH 7 place. Oh well. There is a place on Old Dominion Drive I think in NoVA that looked promising too, near the parkways is always good for getting in and out of the urban area quickly.

Anyway, whatever, would love to "host" a HH at Col. Brooks sometime. At this point I would be happy to just attend one, anywhere.
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:26 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
And I can help with choosing a route, because...wait for it... ... ... ... ... ... ... it is a block from my house.
There, fixed it for you...

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Sorry I missed the happy hour. Couldn't get anyone to watch the kids. So where is the next one going to be?
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Col Brooks looks like a good candidate for one to try but I think we owe Gustavo a MD location.

I make the motion that we give goose a break next month and have it closer to him, or let him choose if not in MD.

Otherwise make a suggestion.
Old June 16th, 2011, 01:49 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Col Brooks looks like a good candidate for one to try but I think we owe Gustavo a MD location.

I make the motion that we give goose a break next month and have it closer to him, or let him choose if not in MD.

I concur.

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post

Just to be in the same page as Bobeck, there is a nice beer and wine dive in Sykesville MD, my commute will be bad, but I will sacrifice myself for the group *ROTFLMAO*
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
carlosz
Carlos

Registry
http://www.eciticafe.com/pages/Directions-VA.htm
Gus... read it.... this is the place in tysons of which we briefly commented.
of the same conversation, I did a google search for patio bars in leesburg va and the following came up.

Bunker Sports Cafe - Leesburg, VA

Contact Information. Bunker Sports Cafe 510-I East Market Street Leesburg, VA 20176 Phone: 703-443-0777 | Fax: 703-443-9887 info@bunkersportscafe.com ...
www.bunkersportscafe.com/ - Cached

Spankys Pub: Good Food, Good Music, Good Times -Leesburg Virginia

538 East Market Street • Leesburg, VA, 20176 703-777-2454. Spankys Pub: Good Food, Good Music, Good Times -Leesburg Virginia ...
www.spankyspub.net/ - Cached - Similar

538 East Market Street, Leesburg
(703) 777-2454

Brewery Bar Lounge Restaurant Catering Reception Weddings Leesburg ...

Elegant wine bar, distinctive cocktails and exclusive craft brewed beers all ... 50 Catoctin Circle • Leesburg, Virginia 20176. Phone: (703) 777- 2169 ... An outdoor patio provides a perfect social spot for those who want to mingle with ...
www.restaurantbreweryloudoun.com/ - Cached - Similar

50 Catoctin Circle, Leesburg
(703) 777-2169
Old June 16th, 2011, 02:29 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Just to be in the same page as Bobeck, there is a nice beer and wine dive in Sykesville MD, my commute will be bad, but I will sacrifice myself for the group *ROTFLMAO*
What's the address? I might need to leave now so I can make it next month.

Old June 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
For someone who never shows up you certainly have a lot of suggestions in regards to CONSISTENCY of dates and LOCATIONS

*ROTFLMAO*
I've already shown up more times than you've ever been.

Old June 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
I've already shown up more times WEARING A PINK TU TU than you've ever THINK.
FFY Bill

------ Follow up post added June 16th, 2011 03:13 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
What's the address? I might need to leave now so I can make it next month.
Same distance I drive to NoVA every month dipstick *LMAO*
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:02 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Well with Dave's second the motion is before the house to have the next HH at Col Brooks.

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Well with Dave's second the motion is before the house to have the next HH at Col Brooks.
I think both of your motions are bypassed by Legislation Post 1531, therefore the House Committee presided by the Honorable Lord Goose has selected the venue for next HH to take place at Kilroy's.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Quote:
I think both of your motions are bypassed by Legislation Post 1531, therefore the House Committee presided by the Honorable Lord Goose has selected the venue for next HH to take place at Kilroy's.
Oh, Lord...
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:41 PM
carlosz
Carlos

Registry
Quote:
I shall revolt against lord goose!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers