NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 68 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 7th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I could do that. Anybody else want to try to do Tuesday @ Col .Brooks? Yeah don't want to step on NoVA attempts to find a new venue. Its not a bad location to get to from VA either. I can suggest some decent routes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Next NOVA HH is 5/19.

So are you proposing an alternate date/event going to this place in DC? If so, there's a fellow lister (Jon, "Stormer", purchased the white 110 from rivermike in Netherlands) that will be in town this Tues night actually, and he's staying in DC so I was going to get together with him for a beer anyhow. Want to put something together for that evening?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Oh NO! it's Mostly Metro retro! Maybe we should have it at the Homocide Starbucks. Naaah. I'm in for 2zday

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Took me a second. That was the first meetup spot wasn't it? I think it was you, me, Will Hadley, and Ron O'Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Oh NO! it's Mostly Metro retro! Maybe we should have it at the Homocide Starbucks. Naaah. I'm in for 2zday
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:16 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I could do that. Anybody else want to try to do Tuesday @ Col .Brooks? Yeah don't want to step on NoVA attempts to find a new venue. Its not a bad location to get to from VA either. I can suggest some decent routes.
Any other takers for Colonel Brooks this Tuesday 5/10? So far me & Bobeck, and Jon from CT. Come on folks...all these people touting they want to do Col. Brooks, gotta have some takers!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old May 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
I think Bill said he was going to come. And maybe Danny. No worries if it isn't a big turnout, its just a scouting mission.

Quote:
Any other takers for Colonel Brooks this Tuesday 5/10? So far me & Bobeck, and Jon from CT. Come on folks...all these people touting they want to do Col. Brooks, gotta have some takers!
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
True, but since Jon "Stormer" will be in town from CT/NY figured it best to have a few of us assembled if possible just to give a warm welcome...
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
I think Bill said he was going to come. And maybe Danny. No worries if it isn't a big turnout, its just a scouting mission.
Danny is in, see you guys Tuesday
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Very cool, should be fun to scout it out plus provide a little hospitality to a fellow D90 member.

What time we thinking?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
What time we thinking?

its happy hour so get there as early as you can. I get off work @ 5 so I should be there before 6.
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Sounds great, I'll shoot for 5:30/6.

Dave - you said you had some recommended "directions" for us VA folks? I'm coming from Alexandria...
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Now when I show up with the Range Rover, I will get tons of shite. Look forward to seeing you all. First round is on me! (and if that doesn't get the numbers up, nothing will!).
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
from alexandria:

take 395 north. after you cross the 14th st. bridge, stay right, and keep going past the 12th st. exit. after that exit look for the 395 north exit on the right. take the far right lane and stay in the correct lane for 395 north. once you are on 395 and in the tunnel, get into the middle or left lane and stay there until you get to NY ave. on NY stay in right lane. after passing Nj ave, there is a diagonal right with signs pointing you to north capitol (you can't make a left onto N.Cap from Ny ave.) take that right and then when you get to N.Cap take a left. Stay on N.Cap until you hit Michigan Ave, make a right. Don't speed on michigan or you will get a speed camera ticket. 25mph tops. Make a right on monroe st and the bar will be a few blocks on the right. parking out back. Lock your shit up, this isn't NoVA.

http://tinyurl.com/3h7qj4e

from arlington or other points west:

66 or GW parkway to roosevelt bridge
keep far left at the end of the bridge, that will take you toward whitehurst freeway.
keep keeping in far left lane until the expressway ends, you will veer off to the left and then, unbelievably, make another left at the stop/yield sign. this takes you back toward the watergate hotel and VA ave. make a right on VA and then another right onto Rock Creek Parkway. Stay on parkway. after MAss ave exit, bear right. after going under a bridge and through a short tunnel, stay right for the Nat'l Zoo exit. At the top of the ramp, you will be at a light. get in the right lane and go straight across through the light and then left. don't make the first left into the zoo. stay in the right lane and then make a hairpin right onto irving st. nw.
follow irving st. as it curves around and uphill. stay straight on irving across 16th, 14th, etc, over georgia avenue and then warder st. and park place. after park. place, keep left and it turns into sort of a parkway. this is still technically irving st. and will take you past washington hospital center and under N.Capitol st. keep going and then make a left where irving tees into michigan avenue. make the right onto monroe, and the bar will be up a few blocks on the right.

http://tinyurl.com/3wbmb56

metro:

red line to brookland/cua. Col. Brooks is on monroe @ 9th right across the street.
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Mutiny!!!!!!
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
Mutiny!!!!!!
I blame Dave

Old May 9th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Nah, far from a mutiny. Mutiny requires a governing authority.

oh, and Jon, my 90 is out of commission for the time being so I won't even be in a LR...
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Nah, far from a mutiny. Mutiny requires a governing authority.

oh, and Jon, my 90 is out of commission for the time being so I won't even be in a LR...
I take full responsibility for this impromptu HH....just an informal gathering, and won't affect the normal 3rd Thurs at all.

Dave - what's the scoop with your 90?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
"dissent".....or DISSIDENTS!!!!....................perhaps...

------ Follow up post added May 9th, 2011 12:57 PM ------

Or shall I qoute achmed...."infidels"....lol
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Quote:
I take full responsibility for this impromptu HH....just an informal gathering, and won't affect the normal 3rd Thurs at all.

Dave - what's the scoop with your 90?
just taking care of some repairs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	221940_10150266084413238_519348237_9394184_7377351_n.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	38545  
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:58 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Remnants of your trip to Maine?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
just taking care of some repairs
Daves driving is.......

Dave was your radio on VOX ?

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers