NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 67 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:06 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I don't have any fixed plans yet, but Jeff is right that I'll likely either be rolling up there, or spending the evening with the family. But who knows.. Since I have been to Jay's umpteen times, I don't need to be there for everyone else to get a taste of it. Roll round back and you'll see the covered patio conveniently across from the dumpsters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I don't have any fixed plans yet, but Jeff is right that I'll likely either be rolling up there, or spending the evening with the family. But who knows.. Since I have been to Jay's umpteen times, I don't need to be there for everyone else to get a taste of it. Roll round back and you'll see the covered patio conveniently across from the dumpsters.
we are meeting at Kilroy's...

Jay's dead to us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know WTF you are talking about Bill. The next one is a Kilroys. The following will likely be public house #7, but we have next month to figure that out (and be able to include the Kilroys experience in our decision making)
Now I don't know WTF you're talking about.

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2011 10:18 AM ------

Jay's dead to us.

Is it because we are too stupid to figure out that the waitress made a huge mistake, or is it because the waitress was too stupid to figure out our check? Caveat Emptor. Maybe if some of us dialed back our outrage factor and were a little more forgiving of people who may not be as brilliant as we think we are, or we think they should be, we would'nt think of Jay's being so dead. I'm still not convinced that an exodus is in order just yet. We've been going there for so long and have had one bad day. A talk to the owner might be a better solution than to just bolt.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I think we have cautioned you about drinking in the morning before Bill, so I won't bother. Take a few minutes to read back a few pages since you have not been to happy hour in a while.

------ Follow up post added May 4th, 2011 10:29 AM ------

Quote:
Since I have been to Jay's umpteen times
Sorry that was meant to say Kilroys. I didn't mean to confuse the mensa among us.
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Give me a break, I'm old.

Old May 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

When I first read this...I was all for it. Large parking lot across the street. not far from jays. outdoor seating. nice 'scenery', and 1/2 a block to my place.

Then I realized....that parking lot is used for the courthouse and police station. beers + rovers + cops=disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
What about ragtime? http://ragtimerestaurant.com/

Big parking lot across the street too.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Kilroys isn't bad from an ingress/egress standpoint being in Ravensworth basically right on the Beltway @ Braddock Rd. Downside is its well into Virginia. 120 miles round trip for me.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Kilroys isn't bad from an ingress/egress standpoint being in Ravensworth basically right on the Beltway @ Braddock Rd. Downside is its well into Virginia. 120 miles round trip for me.
Now now... when was the last time you showed up...?

sorry man.... you've lost your vote *LMAO*

I drive 130 every one
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

I just realized that I'm not going to be around this month for HH, for the same reason that I'm not going to KOH. My little brother's getting married and I'm going to be on a plane heading for Chicago, O'Hare. Have fun, folks!
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Now now... when was the last time you showed up...?

sorry man.... you've lost your vote *LMAO*

I drive 130 every one
Goose...can't you get a chopper to fly you in for HH?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old May 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Goose...can't you get a chopper to fly you in for HH?
If you convince TJ for me to buy one
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
When I first read this...I was all for it. Large parking lot across the street. not far from jays. outdoor seating. nice 'scenery', and 1/2 a block to my place.

Then I realized....that parking lot is used for the courthouse and police station. beers + rovers + cops=disaster.
You make a good point
I'd love to not have to go all the way to Springfield during rush hour on a weekday.
Problem is I don't have any good suggestions in Arlington and DC doesn't seem to work for most other people.

having said all that... Rocklands?
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Danny

lets do a DC HH @ Colonel Brooks Tavern. Good food, great beer selection, sometimes outdoor seating and shiteloads of free parking. Plus it won't break the bank. Not to mention it is across the street from a metro station and is closer for all the MD folks than any of the VA locations.

Fuck rocklands, Overpriced, parking sucks. There has to be someplace we are forgetting. Though there have been some good suggestions of places that I am up for and eager to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
You make a good point
I'd love to not have to go all the way to Springfield during rush hour on a weekday.
Problem is I don't have any good suggestions in Arlington and DC doesn't seem to work for most other people.

having said all that... Rocklands?
Old May 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Danny

lets do a DC HH @ Colonel Brooks Tavern. Good food, great beer selection, sometimes outdoor seating and shiteloads of free parking. Plus it won't break the bank. Not to mention it is across the street from a metro station and is closer for all the MD folks than any of the VA locations.

Fuck rocklands, Overpriced, parking sucks. There has to be someplace we are forgetting. Though there have been some good suggestions of places that I am up for and eager to check out.

Yeap, for me will be a breeze to get to the beltway and from there it is only 8 miles into the city ( but I have not driven in DC at that time so not sure how would traffic be for those 8 miles )
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Second Col. Brooks. It's near Catholic U and the Immaculate Contraption. Easy to get there via Georgia to Blair Rd/N Cap to Irving. Also can come down New Hamster Avenue.
My colleague lives in that area and when I go to his place I do the Military Rd/Misery Ave/North Cap route.
No matter how you slice it it's about a half hour from the Beltway. If it were me coming from your way, I'd just get on Goergia (MD197) and take that the whole way in to Blair Rd.

Old May 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Second Col. Brooks. It's near Catholic U and the Immaculate Contraption. Easy to get there via Georgia to Blair Rd/N Cap to Irving. Also can come down New Hamster Avenue.
My colleague lives in that area and when I go to his place I do the Military Rd/Misery Ave/North Cap route.
No matter how you slice it it's about a half hour from the Beltway. If it were me coming from your way, I'd just get on Goergia (MD197) and take that the whole way in to Blair Rd.
Isn't Georgia MD97?

I will probably do that ...
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Isn't Georgia MD97?
Yep.

Old May 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

I'm in. Easy for me from both work and home.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Also, traffic won't be too bad going into the city in the afternoon.

So, I will pick a date that doesn't conflict with the NoVA event

Wed night I work late and next Thursday is the big 4-2.

When is the NoVA HH?
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:16 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Next NOVA HH is 5/19.

So are you proposing an alternate date/event going to this place in DC? If so, there's a fellow lister (Jon, "Stormer", purchased the white 110 from rivermike in Netherlands) that will be in town this Tues night actually, and he's staying in DC so I was going to get together with him for a beer anyhow. Want to put something together for that evening?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers