NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 58 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
I know.. and I even posted in a public forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
We're gonna get that lawyer Ben (gay 90) from New York to come next time. He can give them a "take down" notice when the check comes.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
I guess we're asking for Torrence next month?
Old March 22nd, 2011, 03:06 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Worthless Waitress

Maybe she was just pissed that she had to work at Jays on St Patricks Day?

Glad I opted to hit up Old Town instead of going to the HH. I will do my utmost to make the next one....maybe I'll just make a flask out of a foglamp or something....that will keep the costs down...haha.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

she was just made she is so fugly (translation...fucking ugly).

i threw 20 down for the 4 or 5 beers that i had. i equate that..more or less to a pitcher, plus tip. but, i was pissed they gave me cups that a 3rd grader would use. they were about as big as a dixie cup. im a real man. give me a real mug to drink my beer out of!!! and, i think the pitchers are getting smaller and smaller, but thats at every restaurant.

that being said....Chef Geoffs has some monster beers, and they have a decent parking lot at the one near American U. Carpool would work, and we could talk to them about possibly saving some parking. Same with Rhodeside grill. Both would be nice because we could sit outside if the weather permitted.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
she was just made she is so fugly (translation...fucking ugly).

i threw 20 down for the 4 or 5 beers that i had. i equate that..more or less to a pitcher, plus tip. but, i was pissed they gave me cups that a 3rd grader would use. they were about as big as a dixie cup. im a real man. give me a real mug to drink my beer out of!!! and, i think the pitchers are getting smaller and smaller, but thats at every restaurant.

that being said....Chef Geoffs has some monster beers, and they have a decent parking lot at the one near American U. Carpool would work, and we could talk to them about possibly saving some parking. Same with Rhodeside grill. Both would be nice because we could sit outside if the weather permitted.
I have mentioned Rhodeside on prior attempts to bail but no response.
Im game anywhere we go specially in va. (preffer va.)
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:22 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Cars & Coffee this Saturday - Great Falls 7-9am

I've posted some information on this previously (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...&postcount=253), but Steve (SMOB) and I were recently talking about the Cars & Coffee that happens every Saturday (during nicer weather) up at Katie's Coffee House in Great Falls.

It's generally 7am-9/10am (details on previous link), and I go fairly regularly - was actually up there a few weeks ago and surprised by the turnout already this early. Anyhow, I will probably take the 110 up there this Saturday 3/26 - any other interested parties? You do have to be there on the early side of things (as it's over by 9 or 10am), but is well worth it.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

well, we might just have to find a new place after all...and it wont necessarily be our choice...

http://www.arlnow.com/2011/03/25/the-last-days-of-jays/
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dude that sucks...but like I said in my earlier post (http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...postcount=1127) it's the last of the dive bars...and was bound not to last. Given the circumstances, I say we ride it out until they give us the boot. Hell, I say we do TWO happy hours a month now!

PS - didn't realize they allow dogs, I may have to bring one of the mutts next time we go.

PPS - who was I telling about the Friday Night cassette DJ? I told you it was true...it's right in the article!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

what time do you go to cars and coffee? im thinking about going tomorrow. do you take gw pkwy?

edit...my gf is from lynchburg, va. every time we are there we go to this dive bar called the cavalier for lunch... i feel an attachment to shitty bars because there is something about them that makes you just want to relax and have a good time. anytime you all are in lynchburg, you gotta stop by the cav.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:05 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
What I want to know is why were pitchers $14 on St. Patrick's day!

I say we ride it out. We'll chain Jason to a post on the deck to keep the bull dozers at bay.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin View Post
what time do you go to cars and coffee? im thinking about going tomorrow. do you take gw pkwy?
I'm generally there right around 7am, and stick around until 9/9:30am...but tomorrow I may head up a hair later getting there 7:30/8am and staying until 10am or so. Give me a buzz 703 @@ 973 @@ 4779 if you decide to head up. I'll be in the 110.

Yes, I usually roll from Alexandria, head up the Parkway, then 495 South (yes, South) 1-exit and shoot up 193 to Great Falls. Nice drive actually. On a side note, Steve (SMOB) can't make it this weekend as he is out of town but I'll definitely be there.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2011 06:09 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
What I want to know is why were pitchers $14 on St. Patrick's day!

I say we ride it out. We'll chain Jason to a post on the deck to keep the bull dozers at bay.
I'm down. I have an affinity for crappy dive bars, and that's the main reason I stick up for Jay's so much. The douche-baggery at most of the other local hoity-toity Arlington-ish bars drive me bananas.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Word is that Dr. Dremo's (Bobeck may be the only other one on here that remembers it) may be re-opening on the Pike where the Ski Chalet was. This would set a new high bar for local dive-bar-ness . . . and there's copious parking on site. The old Dremo's made Jay's look uptown and brewed some phenomenal beers on site.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

made it there a few times before it was razed. best dive bar ever. what was it? an open garage converted to a dive bar? they had beer pong, a wall full of beers on tap, flip cup. lots of drunk girls. made for some fun times from what i remember.
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaKevin

edit...my gf is from lynchburg, va. every time we are there we go to this dive bar called the cavalier for lunch... i feel an attachment to shitty bars because there is something about them that makes you just want to relax and have a good time. anytime you all are in lynchburg, you gotta stop by the cav.
or T C Trotters...
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:08 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I likewise remember Dremo's...and it was the divey'est of dives. If they reopen, once Jay's shuts down that could be a potential new spot. I stress "once Jay's shuts down". However, if the "new Dremo's" is too nice it may not fly.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 25th, 2011, 07:14 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Munity....I like it...

now where do we go?

I've been to Mango Mikes at Duke Street. The place is not a shithole, but's not the Taj Mahal.

I can swing by and talk to the manager and see what they have to say.

http://www.mangomikes.com/

Old March 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
I've been to Mango Mikes at Duke Street. The place is not a shithole, but's not the Taj Mahal.
If you're hot to pick up cougars, that's your spot. . .
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
No he just teaches Salsa Lessons at 8pm on Thursdays and is looking forward to show us *ROTFLMAO*
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:04 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks View Post
If you're hot to pick up cougars, that's your spot. . .
I've been there with friends and I did not notice them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
No he just teaches Salsa Lessons at 8pm on Thursdays and is looking forward to show us *ROTFLMAO*

.................................................. ............

In all seriousness... I don't care where we end up... it's the crew that makes it interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers