NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 57 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
I was not there last month... if the service was the same, we should ask him to be our waiter. If he declines, I say fuck Jay's and we look for another place.
any suggestions if we bail on Jay's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dude no way...I've stood tall against relocation in the past as have others. I say we just kick the crappy waitress to the curb...or hell, I'll just walk to the inside bar and buy pitchers!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind
I say we just kick the crappy waitress to the curb
I guess I shouldn't have held Paul back when he wanted to go back in and punch her in the face then. Lol
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:12 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
As much as I like Jay's, I think I like Paul better and I wasn't even there to meet him! I'll take the bad service at Jay's, but always have a soft spot for those (like Paul apparently) that don't take any sh*t.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
I was very adamant about changing location... but now... fuck 'em. They treated us like crap...

Then, again... this is a democracy, if you guys want to change location, I'll be the first one to vote "yes".

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:33 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'll but the first round next time if we stay at Jay's. The issue is that there are no real dive bars around these days...Jay's is the last of the breed. If you guys want to relocate to Chili's, Applebees, or Flingers be my guest...but my opinion is that Jay's matches our clientele. Rough and ragged, and once in awhile treats you like crap....but it's always there for a cheap, quick fix.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

She was gone like a fart in the wind once that check was laid down. I don't think there was any finding her!

What I think is funny, coming from a town like Vegas, the little dive bars do very well because people who live here seek out those places and avoid the strip at all costs. Everything is way too expensive. It's a little embarassing, but there are a couple of places we frequent here that know my 7 year old's name when we walk in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I guess I shouldn't have held Paul back when he wanted to go back in and punch her in the face then. Lol
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'93 NAS110 #463
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'm late to respond, but I ordered the same mixed drink twice while I was there and never got it. Hopefully she didn't charge us for (but probably did). I've always hated Jays.

What happened to the Quarterdeck? That's another dive bar near by.

Semper Fi!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I don't think that anywhere else in that area is going to offer the convenience of parking, outside seating, typically not too crowded and dive bar feel. We could move to somewhere like Kilroy's but I don't know that everyone would like that area as much.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quarterdeck is gone I believe...shut down years ago. It's now a Starbucks or an Orange Julius I believe.

Ps - from what I could piece together, I think we just need our old waiter back?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Ps - from what I could piece together, I think we just need our old waiter back?
You are smarter than you look

Yes, first things first, let see if we can get him back and go to a single check model. All you guys trying to get your own checks just screw up the works and get us double billed.

And ya'll made fun of me when I got excited about remembering his name.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dude you guys made them split the check? I think we located the "real" cause of the problem. My God, the beers are so cheap there we should all be able to wing the math.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
You are smarter than you look
nonsense

Quote:
Yes, first things first, let see if we can get him back and go to a single check model. All you guys trying to get your own checks just screw up the works and get us double billed.
I'm of the opinion we look for another place... but Charles is right, we should give these clowns another chance.

Quote:
And ya'll made fun of me when I got excited about remembering his name.
you were the one that started shaking it... ...

Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:59 AM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
normally I dont carry cash, and last two visits I have been with Brandy, she loves her fuzzy navels, rather than taching 2 or more mixed drinks on to someone else I have asked for my own tab and of course Im drinking off the table so I lay some on the table when that tab arrives.
if you dont mind and want to go to a single tab, I will do that just keep mental tab of what I have consumed on mixed drinks and run it by me when the table tab arrives I dont mind of guys dont.
Im game either way.
(man this comes accross as an asshole excuse)
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
normally I dont carry cash, and last two visits I have been with Brandy, she loves her fuzzy navels, rather than taching 2 or more mixed drinks on to someone else I have asked for my own tab and of course Im drinking off the table so I lay some on the table when that tab arrives.
if you dont mind and want to go to a single tab, I will do that just keep mental tab of what I have consumed on mixed drinks and run it by me when the table tab arrives I dont mind of guys dont.
Im game either way.
(man this comes accross as an asshole excuse)
Between you, Carlitos and me... we are shit out of luck, if we ever need cash to get out of trouble... ROFLMFAO

I prefer to pay separate too... I don't know if it's cultural or what... but someone always gets the shaft and I think is unfair (with this crowd maybe they like it...)

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Beers are like $2/each...pitchers are probably $10-12 (maybe a hair more for the good stuff). Let's face it Pedro, are you keeping track of each beer that is poured out of the pitcher so you can divvy that up on your tab? Just ballpark the math, add a buffer, tip, and tax and wing it. It's not an exact science I agree, but if I was a waiter I'd kill a group of 20 for wanting separate checks.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Beers are like $2/each...pitchers are probably $10-12 (maybe a hair more for the good stuff). Let's face it Pedro, are you keeping track of each beer that is poured out of the pitcher so you can divvy that up on your tab? Just ballpark the math, add a buffer, tip, and tax and wing it. It's not an exact science I agree, but if I was a waiter I'd kill a group of 20 for wanting separate checks.
Hell no... I have better things to do... LOL

What I do is I get one or two pitcher on my tab and my food...

Now that I think of it... we probably got double dipped then.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
So it seems that the new rule is that we keep one check and the minimal impact that Brandy's fuzzy navels or Ed's whiskey will have on the tab is probably not worth worrying about when you start splitting it up...we should also designate someone who is not consuming beer by the pitcher to try to count how many we actually drink!

As for Carlitos, for the record you are covering me next time so bring lots of cash and I'm pretty sure that Gus put in more than his fair share as well!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE

Registry
Quote:
Dude you guys made them split the check? I think we located the "real" cause of the problem. My God, the beers are so cheap there we should all be able to wing the math.
I don't know I contributed 45.00 for a quesadilla and 3 sodas *LOL*

Yeap without a doubt is the double dip on split checks
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Goose - you should be ashamed of yourself that all you had was 3 sodas.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers