NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 300 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5981  
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:24 PM
carlosz's Avatar
carlosz
Status: Offline
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 872
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl626 View Post
Height sensors ok?
Well, I replaced lf due to the wreck. All was fine then the jerks moved the truck or the position of the arms on the lift. I lifted the truck to work on it...my mistake for not looking. By the time I realized what had happened the new sensor had broken yet again.
In goes the one that's on right now...with the new harness and I think that is where my troubles started...the pin out on the new harness may be wrong thus throwing the system in to default full height. Or on the bump stops
I need to look further into that but with the construcción going on in the shop and Pauls junk all over the place it is next to impossible to get anything accomplished in there.. simply put space is a premium at ams right now.
__________________
[I][/Ithe truck ran like a "raped ape"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5982  
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:02 PM
pl626's Avatar
pl626
Status: Online
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: McLean, VA, USA
Posts: 420
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
... Pauls junk all over the place it is next to impossible to get anything accomplished in there...

We should start a pool on when and if Pauls stuff gets cleared out...
__________________
Cheers,

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5983  
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Ren Ching's Avatar
Ren Ching
Status: Offline
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Downtown
Posts: 4,575
Registry
It's a disaster. Don't see how anything good can come out of that shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosz View Post
Well, I replaced lf due to the wreck. All was fine then the jerks moved the truck or the position of the arms on the lift. I lifted the truck to work on it...my mistake for not looking. By the time I realized what had happened the new sensor had broken yet again.
In goes the one that's on right now...with the new harness and I think that is where my troubles started...the pin out on the new harness may be wrong thus throwing the system in to default full height. Or on the bump stops
I need to look further into that but with the construcción going on in the shop and Pauls junk all over the place it is next to impossible to get anything accomplished in there.. simply put space is a premium at ams right now.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Reply With Quote
  #5984  
Old February 17th, 2016, 09:17 PM
carlosz's Avatar
carlosz
Status: Offline
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 872
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
It's a disaster. Don't see how anything good can come out of that shop.
Ditto

------ Follow up post added February 17th, 2016 09:18 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl626 View Post

We should start a pool on when and if Pauls stuff gets cleared out...
I'm not a gambling man, but almost willing to get on such pool.
__________________
[I][/Ithe truck ran like a "raped ape"
Reply With Quote
  #5985  
Old February 18th, 2016, 10:51 AM
JiriPilot
Status: Offline
Jiri Marousek
1986
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 53
Registry
So I got started on the suspension and steering damper and figured I would do some cleanup while under the truck. The crossmember on the tail in the end doesn't look bad at all. So will finishing cleaning it up, recoat it and kick the can down the road a year or two.

Of course, I discovered a new project that's more pressing. The bulkhead outriggers are chewed up on their front side both left and right. And the coil spring retaining tab on the top on one side has a little hole as well.

So ... redirect of welding project ... outriggers and coil spring seats. Any wisdom there gents? (I guess I accidentally kicked off the Defender projects on my Monday off.) Let the games begin ...


But hey. Got new shiny wheels for her. Bling should make her stop rusting right?

------ Follow up post added February 18th, 2016 10:54 AM ------

Side note. Looks like I will be able to make it today. Without the Def though since it's already on floor jacks. :-) Event still actual?
Reply With Quote
  #5986  
Old February 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM
wanabewheelin's Avatar
wanabewheelin
Status: Offline
Michael Sword
1989 110 200TDI, RHD
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 229
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriPilot View Post
------ Follow up post added February 18th, 2016 10:54 AM ------

Side note. Looks like I will be able to make it today. Without the Def though since it's already on floor jacks. :-) Event still actual?

Yes, event is a go . . . haven't heard anyone post up when they are arriving . . . wake TFU gents
Reply With Quote
  #5987  
Old February 18th, 2016, 03:42 PM
flippedrover's Avatar
flippedrover
Status: Offline
Tyler
'94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ashburn,va
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabewheelin View Post
Yes, event is a go . . . haven't heard anyone post up when they are arriving . . . wake TFU gents
what? Scared no one is coming? I'll be there my usual time.
__________________
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5988  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,875
Registry
On my way to Pedrolandia now, then to kilroys

F@&king traffic already
__________________
1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7
Reply With Quote
  #5989  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:05 PM
wanabewheelin's Avatar
wanabewheelin
Status: Offline
Michael Sword
1989 110 200TDI, RHD
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 229
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover View Post
what? Scared no one is coming? I'll be there my usual time.
LOL, just want to make sure you get the first round before I get there
Reply With Quote
  #5990  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:12 PM
jefhuf's Avatar
jefhuf
Status: Offline
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Haymarket, VA
Posts: 1,663
Registry
I'm shooting to be there around 5
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5991  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:18 PM
carlosz's Avatar
carlosz
Status: Offline
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: east coast
Posts: 872
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
I'm shooting to be there around 5
I ain't attending...
__________________
[I][/Ithe truck ran like a "raped ape"
Reply With Quote
  #5992  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:20 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
On my way to Pedrolandia now, then to kilroys

F@&king traffic already
Is The Dro gonna have to choke a biotch?
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5993  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,875
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
Is The Dro gonna have to choke a biotch?
Are you chocking yourself ?
Cause that will be the only bitch ;/)
__________________
1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7
Reply With Quote
  #5994  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:30 PM
The Dro
Status: Offline
Dro
1988 Ninety
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 6,551
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post

Are you chocking yourself ?
Cause that will be the only bitch ;/)
no one's home
__________________
Quote:
Online speculation will not replace onsite inspection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #5995  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:32 PM
rangerover's Avatar
rangerover
Status: Offline
Patrick
1990 Range Rover
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast
Posts: 109
Leaving Reston at 5-ish
__________________
1990 Range Rover - being rebuilt
1995 Range Rover LWB - daily driver
Reply With Quote
  #5996  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Rugbier's Avatar
Rugbier
Status: Offline
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Marylandistan
Posts: 5,875
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
no one's home
We know
The lights are on but no one home lol
__________________
1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7
Reply With Quote
  #5997  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:37 PM
irishwoody97's Avatar
irishwoody97
Status: Offline
Woody
1983 One Ten County, Blue/White
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 30
I'm in for tonight (I think).
Reply With Quote
  #5998  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:37 PM
cgalpin's Avatar
cgalpin
Status: Offline
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 11,565
Registry
Rolling from Lorton now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
I'm here for the D's
Reply With Quote
  #5999  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:51 PM
flippedrover's Avatar
flippedrover
Status: Offline
Tyler
'94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ashburn,va
Posts: 3,008
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2589323507.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	526.0 KB
ID:	142716

There better be trucks parked on this when we leave
__________________
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #6000  
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:53 PM
1of40's Avatar
1of40
Status: Offline
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Potomac Falls & Wintergreen, Virginia
Posts: 4,955
Registry
Headed out now. Bringing a something black and shiny.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New & Improved NOVA Happy Hour Thread Wolf Fabrication Trips, Trails and Events 103 May 1st, 2008 08:41 AM
Happy Hour in Nova? Bozman Trips, Trails and Events 125 June 25th, 2007 04:17 PM
Happy Hour in NoVa? Eric N Trips, Trails and Events 40 November 8th, 2006 03:44 PM
Happy Hour in NoVA loykd Trips, Trails and Events 163 September 14th, 2006 08:28 AM
Happy Hour in NoVA loykd Trips, Trails and Events 6 August 12th, 2004 04:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Copyright