NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 264 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 17th, 2015, 11:58 AM
JSBriggs
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Actually I always tipped really well. Over 20% regardless of service. Its all the cheap fucks that leave early and don't leave enough $$ that actually ruin things for the rest of us.

The only bad service I got was because Jonesy was being a dickhead as usual and paying Shelby $20 to ignore my orders.

But, you cheap fuck/shitty tipper/eat and run asshats keep having a laugh. I am glad you think its funny to watch a fellow rover owner going hungry, dying of thirst and suffering alcohol withdrawal while the rest of you pretend everything is ok. Then you skip out on the tip.

So, go fuck yourself Briggs. And all the rest of you too who leave without paying your own way. Grow the fuck up, own your bullshit, or go ruin someone else's happy hour. If you need an explanation of how to leave a proper tip, I will gladly explain it to you outside in the parking lot so I don't have to embarrass you in front of the group to teach you 3rd grade math.

A) I wasn't saying you didn't tip, i was saying you constantly receive shitty service. Point being to have a server who feels entitled to XYZ% as a tip when shitty service is given isnt cool.

2) I tried to pay, as was rejected. Send me you paypal.

IV) Are you talking new math, or common core?

-Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2015, 12:20 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Honestly I don't care enough to call the place and talk to Carlos. If she doesn't want to serve us next time I don't care. I do think it's easier to just do separate checks and if you want to get a pitcher to split cool.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
A) I wasn't saying you didn't tip, i was saying you constantly receive shitty service. Point being to have a server who feels entitled to XYZ% as a tip when shitty service is given isnt cool. 2) I tried to pay, as was rejected. Send me you paypal. IV) Are you talking new math, or common core? -Jeff
I don't receive shitty service which is the point I'm trying to make. It's just a stupid lame running (non)joke that keeps getting told over and over by the same dim-witted knucks who then leave early without paying their own way.

You didn't pay because you were our guest. So we will continue to reject your offer of payment. Besides, the CaliPeso is not accepted in the other 49 states.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:32 PM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

Those who paid with a card.....check your charges. My amex just flagged a second charge for the same amount. Seems she is trying to get it back some how....and I am calling the joint now....
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
99 P38 Callaway Edition #106 RIP
85 Defender 110 2.5NA "Margret"
01 D2 SE7 "Cuzn It" (blown up POS)
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

I don't think the server is asking for tip on top of "bad service". How did we get to this conclusion?

I read Tyler's post to mean:
1. We couldn't pay the bill (not the tip, the bill!)
2. She said she won't serve us unless we have separate checks, so that we are forced to pay the bill.

The waitress is trying to solve our problem because we seem to be incapable of solving it ourselves.

Seems fair.

I'm all for trying new places, but we're just going to cart the same problem to another location.
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:53 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Well, I put in $20 for 2.5 glasses of beer and a small order of onion rings.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"

All my troubles are Rover
Old April 17th, 2015, 01:58 PM
JSBriggs
Site Team

So then who is the hog and jog deadbeat?

12.1)That is the problem with Peso's of the Яepublik, they are actual owned by the Яepublik, not the proletariat.

-Jeff
Old April 17th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
here's a review of kilroy's from their FB page

"Came here yesterday with my husband after work...it is a bar, so I didn't expect the food to be great. I ordered a fish sandwich with Cajun fries, to my surprise it was pretty good. After eating half of the sandwich, I found a long blonde hair on my plate. I tried to pull it off which ended up being a struggle, because the fries were burying it. I called our waitress over. She was kind, apologized, and offered to take the plate away. When I went to pick the plate up, we then found a very short, curly black hair on the plate. The people who handle the food and dishes-INCLUDING the servers should have to have their hair up in the state of Virginia according to serv-safe. Here, the cleanliness of the food doesn't seem to be the main concern-it seems to be the waitresses sexualizing themselves to the middle-aged white men. Hence, every waitress having their hair down past their shoulders while handling food. Not to mention that it was twenty degrees yesterday and two of the waitresses were wearing shorts. I will never go here again."

Nuff said

Present:
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"

Past:
Old April 17th, 2015, 02:39 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

I think it's pretty clear that DB hates Kilroy's. First it was the cigarette smoke, now it's the Yelp reviews

So what do you suggest, Dave?
Old April 17th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete

Registry
Nonsense. Why do you think that? I just though the line about the waitress sexualizing themselves in front of middle aged men was pretty funny. Clearly the reviewer was there the same night as us.

I suggest everybody pay for what they consume. I've been doing separate checks @ HH since the 3rd time Tlyer and I got stuck with the tab @ Jay's.

Yeah Kilroy's sucks. But I don't think we are going to get much better somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
I think it's pretty clear that DB hates Kilroy's. First it was the cigarette smoke, now it's the Yelp reviews

So what do you suggest, Dave?

Present:
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"

Past:
Old April 17th, 2015, 03:02 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
here's a review of kilroy's from their FB page

"Came here yesterday with my husband after work...it is a bar, so I didn't expect the food to be great. I ordered a fish sandwich with Cajun fries, to my surprise it was pretty good. After eating half of the sandwich, I found a long blonde hair on my plate. I tried to pull it off which ended up being a struggle, because the fries were burying it. I called our waitress over. She was kind, apologized, and offered to take the plate away. When I went to pick the plate up, we then found a very short, curly black hair on the plate. The people who handle the food and dishes-INCLUDING the servers should have to have their hair up in the state of Virginia according to serv-safe. Here, the cleanliness of the food doesn't seem to be the main concern-it seems to be the waitresses sexualizing themselves to the middle-aged white men. Hence, every waitress having their hair down past their shoulders while handling food. Not to mention that it was twenty degrees yesterday and two of the waitresses were wearing shorts. I will never go here again."

Nuff said
what i got from this was don't eat the food ... nothing more.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old April 17th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
what i got from this was don't eat the food ... nothing more.
what I got from it was...the waitress dyes her hair blond and doesnt shave...

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
what I got from it was...the waitress dyes her hair blond and doesnt shave...

HA! That's great stuff.
Old April 17th, 2015, 04:24 PM
JSBriggs
Site Team

Plunging necklines and hot pants might be 'sexualizing' but long hair? And whats the big deal, it comes with floss.

But seriously, that is pretty messed up if people aren't paying.

-Jeff
Old April 17th, 2015, 05:36 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

My point was that I got yelled at by a server for the first time ever. We covered the bill but she didn't get a tip other than what I paid on my card. She got a 30% tip on a little over $40. I don't really care if the wait staff a killjoys is mad. I will check my card when I get home and dispute any added charges.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old April 17th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Did the people that put money down for their share not account for tax? That always seems to be the case in my experience with splitting a check.
Old April 17th, 2015, 06:12 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
I'm surprised they don't slap an 18% gratuity on the bill for parties of 8 or more like most places so.
Old April 17th, 2015, 06:34 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
I was there with Betty, thus I ran and covered my own tab for the same reason, I gladly share with all of you but if I have a guest or companion, I run separate tab.
Old April 17th, 2015, 06:58 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranewman View Post
Those who paid with a card.....check your charges. My amex just flagged a second charge for the same amount. Seems she is trying to get it back some how....and I am calling the joint now....
That sucks. I haven't had that happen at Kilroy's before, but I'll have to watch out. I try to tip 20% regardless of service.

As for stiffing the waitress, it sounds like separate checks may be the way to go. However, paying more than $40 bucks for a few beers and a burger is what I'd expect at the Palm or Bourbon Steak, not Kilroy's, am I wrong in thinking this?

After reading that Yelp review, I'm wondering if the staff at Kilroy's is like the staff in the movie 'Waiting...' Pictures & Photos from Waiting... (2005) - IMDb but I guess this could be true of any bar & grill. I will say, I haven't noticed hair in my food at Kilroy's before, but I'm sure going to start checking.

Tyler - Thanks for bearing the wrath of our entitled waitress.

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:29 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
I remember that movie....lol.
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers