NoVa Happy Hour - 3rd Thurs Monthly - Page 127 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
Doug, you don't want those tires...I beat the hell out of them! (sorry, couldn't resist stirring the pot!)
Thanks for shitting on my sale...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Bmxer06pa
Doug S
2000 disco 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
Lemme know... Ray also PMed me about the tires.

It was Jason's mumbo jumbo about the 90W.

WAIT... WHAT!!!

DEAL!!!

Sorry guys... Tires are gone.

Wait a minute... Which bumper? Front or Rear... I see a Bait and Switch in the making here...
Sorry Pedro,
I was talking about the rear bumper. I don't think I would trade my front bumper for Set of beat up old swampers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Yep...I am definitely in

Anyone want a set of beat up RRC wheels? I just want them out of my garage so I will trade them for a beer! Also, if anyone wants some one-shot grease, I have two tubes that I will give to the first $10 offered
Lick the grease (if these are still available). No flipping, promise.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer06pa View Post
Sorry Pedro,
I was talking about the rear bumper. I don't think I would trade my front bumper for Set of beat up old swampers
I'm going to quote Jeff on this one... Nope, all trades are final!

Seriously, the tires are not in bad shape... They are off-road tires after all and have plenty of life left.

If anyone wants them I can give them and look for another set. The white truck will not be running any time soon.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
The white truck will not be running any time soon.
Shocker . A perfectly good running truck ends up at Pedro's....and within hours it's not running!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Shocker . A perfectly good running truck ends up at Pedro's....and within hours it's not running!
Your definition of perfectly good running truck is very different from mine.
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Bmxer06pa
Doug S
2000 disco 2

Talking

Quote:
I'm going to quote Jeff on this one... Nope, all trades are final!

Seriously, the tires are not in bad shape... They are off-road tires after all and have plenty of life left.

If anyone wants them I can give them and look for another set. The white truck will not be running any time soon.
Trades? I remember dropping off a bumper and coming home with nothing!
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
I now feel more confused about the transactions taking place b/c I read the thread...so for the sake of transparency-I did hit Pedro up about the tires and am interested in a good set of offroad tires.

and I'm bringing brake parts for Bill, used stuff for Matt, Pedro's lic plate bracket...and I'm sure I'm forgetting something already. Anyone need cloth seats for a Disco?
r-
Ray
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer06pa View Post
Trades? I remember dropping off a bumper and coming home with nothing!
That's not true... You went home with an additional ratchet strap... LMAO
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Bmxer06pa
Doug S
2000 disco 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
I now feel more confused about the transactions taking place b/c I read the thread...so for the sake of transparency-I did hit Pedro up about the tires and am interested in a good set of offroad tires.

and I'm bringing brake parts for Bill, used stuff for Matt, Pedro's lic plate bracket...and I'm sure I'm forgetting something already. Anyone need cloth seats for a Disco?
r-
Ray
I don't need the tires. Just giving Pedro a hard time.
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

So anyone getting there around 4ish? I work 10 min away in Alexandria. Oh and where do you all normally meet at Kilroy's?
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old June 20th, 2012, 12:56 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover View Post
So anyone getting there around 4ish? I work 10 min away in Alexandria. Oh and where do you all normally meet at Kilroy's?
The back terrace.
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:47 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Russ, Pedro sent me a text about the grease but unless he actually needs it (which I doubt he does) it is yours.

As a side note, I was just messing with Pedro about the tires. There is nothing wrong with them and if it weren't for the fact that I found a good deal on a nice set of larger Swampers on Wolfs, they would still be on my truck. They are 265/80's so just under 33" tall, mounted to freestyles that have some trail rash on them. The all of the tires have at least 1/2 tread and I believe 1 or 2 were still in the 14-15/32's range. Would be a great addition for anyone wanting a tire that is drivable (i actually rarely used my BFG AT's after getting these) and pretty badass off road!

------ Follow up post added June 20th, 2012 01:49 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover View Post
Tyler, typically no one is there by 4. I have a meeting in Tysons until about 3:30-4 so I may be able to get down there before 5
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Russ, Pedro sent me a text about the grease but unless he actually needs it (which I doubt he does) it is yours.

As a side note, I was just messing with Pedro about the tires. There is nothing wrong with them and if it weren't for the fact that I found a good deal on a nice set of larger Swampers on Wolfs, they would still be on my truck. They are 265/80's so just under 33" tall, mounted to freestyles that have some trail rash on them. The all of the tires have at least 1/2 tread and I believe 1 or 2 were still in the 14-15/32's range. Would be a great addition for anyone wanting a tire that is drivable (i actually rarely used my BFG AT's after getting these) and pretty badass off road!
All good, I talked to Pedro on the phone about it, tires sound like a good deal for my application (offroad use predominantly, with maybe hardball transits). I've got BFG AT's on alloys now as DD tires.

Now if anyone is looking for some Discovery steel spares I am about to have 5 on the market....
Old June 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G
Anyone need cloth seats for a Disco?
I have not forgotten about those... But I'm still figuring out how I'll get them to France (seriously!). My father's disco seat bottoms have seen much better days... Next time I'll go there, I'll try to remember to take a picture. I need to find out about shipping them there and/or how much they weight to see if I can get them checked in. Anyone took apart disco seats? is it easy to get the foam out and the cloth? (he does not need the frames, just the bottom portion's foam +cloth)
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old June 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonLand View Post
I have not forgotten about those... But I'm still figuring out how I'll get them to France (seriously!). My father's disco seat bottoms have seen much better days... Next time I'll go there, I'll try to remember to take a picture. I need to find out about shipping them there and/or how much they weight to see if I can get them checked in. Anyone took apart disco seats? is it easy to get the foam out and the cloth? (he does not need the frames, just the bottom portion's foam +cloth)
Damn Loic...that is the ultimate RURR.
Taking them apart would probably be the way to go, I'll take a look at them today and shoot you some pics of the setup to remove the cloth/foam. That would make it a lot easier to either carry over or ship.
r-
Ray
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:03 PM
pdella
Paul
1997, Defender Alpine White

Registry
where and when is the NoVa happy hour? Found it-Kilroys in Springfield after 5-thanks!
Old June 21st, 2012, 03:19 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonLand

Check them like car seats... Kids car seats.

Old June 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf

------ Follow up post added June 20th, 2012 01:49 PM ------

Tyler, typically no one is there by 4. I have a meeting in Tysons until about 3:30-4 so I may be able to get down there before 5
Ah. Figures y'all would sit out there on he hottest day of the year!
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old June 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
jefferson
Jeff A
97 Defender 90 SW #593

Will not make it tonight. Pedro - I can get you those parts at some point tomorrow or over the weekend.
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
dementia, disturbing, dood, gay nachos, happy hour, nova, pathetic, third thursday monthly, virginia is for lovers