NoVA Happy Hour - Page 19 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:16 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
No 109 Love...

Sorry man, the 109 is over at the house on the Eastern Shore. It is waiting for me and Mr. Bobeck to pull it all apart...again. We've been trading emails with each other trying to figure out what to do with it. The latest is to do a spring over using the axles from the old Lawib. The engine thing is still a question mark....open to all suggestions. Have 2 ford 5.0 HO engines just gathering spiders. Could go with one of them or put in a 200 Tdi with an r380.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea
That's like 10 minutes from my office. Gotta hit the Costco at Pentagon first tho.
You'll def need a drink after the sea of humanity that is the Pentagon City Costco.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Glad to see you on here man.

Sadly, Bill's 109 is even less likely to make it than mine. Bill, you should definitely come. We will all offer different ideas for your upcoming project, just to add to your confusion.

Bill is the original Ren-Ching Master btw...

hey Bill I have a couple of 3 liter mercruiser hybrid units that are soon to be surplus to requirements.

You should sign up for pirate 4x4. Lots of great info on there for that sort of build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
You bringing the 109?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Guys,
I just posted my old winch bumper in the For Sale section if anyone is interested - I can bring it with me tomorrow. A steal at $300.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
I might make it, but the truck is in the process of having the rear diff repacked.. I'm also in the mood for a swap meet and could be better prepared if I had less crap going on. This could be the fifth time that I've missed the HH. I suck.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

I'll be dragging my "pear" shaped (aka fat ass) self over there probably around 4:30ish or so. I will have no junk, I mean hidden gems, to swap. Is there anyone that likes cigars? I could bring a couple extra with me to swap/share? Are you still even allowed to smoke or has the ban not taken effect yet?
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I enjoy the occasional cigar but all you have done is remind me I'm out! I'm hoping to knock off work earlier than expected today and will try grab some before coming down.

charles
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Reminder - I am planning to be at the HH tonight. I called Southern Galvinizing in Baltimore to confirm the details. They are squirrely about dipping small parts. They are concerned about warping, damage and overall post-dip customer satisfaction. (Sounds like a fair point to me.) They are more enthusastic about heavy structural members like bumpers and rock sliders and such. Ultimately, the fellow said they would dip whatever I told them to - just that results may vary - buyer beware.

Rust is OK. Paint is not OK.

I am hoping to make a run to the galvy shop the week of July 20. The estimated turn around time is 5 business days. I will have to pin point my drop off and pick up times based on business trips to Abingdon, MD over the next few weeks.

The cost is $225 for a minimum dip charge of between 600-800 pounds. (He seemed real loose on the minimum weight.) Naturally, with my two rock sliders and one bumper - I will be WAY under the minimum weight. I would love to extend the favour (a.k.a. "share the costs") with other like minded individuals in need of a good dip.

I live in Sterling, VA 20165 if anyone can not make it to HH but would like to drop something off at my house.
Sterling, VA
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
I enjoy the occasional cigar but all you have done is remind me I'm out! I'm hoping to knock off work earlier than expected today and will try grab some before coming down.

charles
Somehow a box of Cuban Montecristo #2's made it into my humidor, along with a few Cuban Partagas and a few Cuban Cohibas from my travel to Dubai. Sadly, I am at work now and completely forgot to grab one! Can someone bring a nice maduro?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
David, what's the status of your galvy run? If you can wait till early September I'll have stuff to galvanize.
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Charles - Bobek held a gun to my head and made me drive to B-more already. (not really) I go tomorrow to pick up all the shiny bits. My goal is get everything bolted back on the truck Thursday night for a first thing Friday morning departure for the ROAV Summer Event.
Sterling, VA
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:20 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
No problem. I'll put a call out when I'm ready in case anyone has anything then.

charles
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Is happy hour open for anyone?..or NoVa people only
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Hah! You are welcome to join us anytime. The only NoVa requirement is that it's held in NoVa. LOL
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

When's our next one, anyway?
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Firemanshort
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Registry
Bling

BLING!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Freshdip.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	20772  
Sterling, VA
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Yeah yeah, rub it in.

Dunno Tony. I"m no good this week and it's the ROAV for some. Maybe next week?
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:40 AM
enjoi1968
Blake Pendleton
98 D1

Thought I'd bring this back up, a fellow Land Rover enthusiast is currently working in Ashburn this week (from CA) some may know him, Javier Velador, I believe he owns a series, defender and disco. He was interested in meeting up with a few people for some beverages and general chit-chat. His schedule is 11am-9pm M-F in Ashburn and he'll be leaving Sat. 8am to head back to CA. I'm thinking I won't be available until Friday evening to catch some late drinks. If anyone else was interested the company would be more then welcome.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:43 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Bad week for me as I'm headed to Rausch Creek Friday AM and my wife is out of town this week so tonight or Thursday night are out of the question too.

But we should get one scheduled for the future. Earliest for me would be the 20th
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I thought the next HH was at Rausch Creek?!

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
happy hour, nova