Northern Virginia Happy Hour - Page 9 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 6th, 2007, 01:40 PM
96 D1 5spd

I have had good experience with them. Find me a Rover place that doesn't charge a lot.

And by the way, the mechanics almost all drive Rovers there. I have been offroading with them plenty of times, and they all drive D1's. Most mechanics can't afford a Defender so cut them some slack.

IMO, the mechanics know their stuff, but the owner is no better than a "used car salesman". I would trust Alberto, their main mechanic, with my Defender any day.

Old November 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3
I just checked the Parts Subtitution List

If this is "just" the fuel pump:
Fuel Pump Carter P74006
Available at Napa, use existing plug
NAPA P74006
89 Cadillac Seville (puts out 30 psi, cut off connector and replace with female spades)
AC Delco EP241 (94 Camaro)(94-95 D90)
Range Rover - GM 462-23 or NAPA part number BK 610-1011

Anyone bought one of those for a '97 D90? (if I remember correctly, the X-ref is originally for Classic/LWB Range Rovers enhanced to also include D90/110, not sure if this covers the '97 D90)

Will's fuel pump seems cheap if this is the entire assembly, if this is "just" the fuel pump, then this is a good price for used OEM.

Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
I have an ex MoD and an ex wife. The two no longer conflict with each other.
Originally Posted by ron View Post
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old November 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi
Anthony, sorry to hear your problem surfaced again. I had heard one of the first signs that the sender unit is going is the fuel guage quits. When you get your fuel pump fixed I'd be interested to know if your fuel guage starts working again.

p.s. Arlington has done work for me and other friends of mine and we've not been disappointed.
Old November 6th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Tony Brooks
I've had real mixed results with them -- the mechanics seem competent (took the 90 there to have them diagnose a sound I couldn't ID, which they did) but the managers, both the guy that I think is no longer there (in his 30s, a little too much of a high-five guy) and the owner strike me as shisters. No matter, that lot's slated for demolition mid-next year anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

happy hour, virginia