Norther Virginia Happy Hour - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
It was good to meet you guys last night!

No disrespect intended...Monster as in all the cool upgrades/after-market goodies!
No worries, no offense taken, I was just confused, since I had always considered mine on the smaller side, with all these D90's running around on 35", 36" and even 37" tires, my 33's seem on the small side. LOL!

Damn, I guess I have no excuse for missing it if you drove in from Michigan Ade! I'm guessing you are a recent transplant that hasn't changed your profile info? Oh, and I'm sorry I missed out on meeting everyone last night!

The last time I met up with any of the NoVa gang was at the infamous home of 'FARVIN' for a 'tech' day and impromptu trail ride turned recovery. Damn, that had to have been back in 2000 maybe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

That was a fun day. Tom now lives in Richmond and that place where we got stuck is now 4,622 townhomes.
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
No worries, no offense taken, I was just confused, since I had always considered mine on the smaller side, with all these D90's running around on 35", 36" and even 37" tires, my 33's seem on the small side. LOL!

Damn, I guess I have no excuse for missing it if you drove in from Michigan Ade! I'm guessing you are a recent transplant that hasn't changed your profile info? Oh, and I'm sorry I missed out on meeting everyone last night!

The last time I met up with any of the NoVa gang was at the infamous home of 'FARVIN' for a 'tech' day and impromptu trail ride turned recovery. Damn, that had to have been back in 2000 maybe?
My yellow ST is pretty much stock, so incomparrison...

I drove all the way from Michigan to meet up with the NOVA gang for happy hour! Hehe...just kidding, I travel a lot for work. I'm currently on a 3 week engagement here in VA. The company I work for is trying to convince me to move to the DC area...I have a lot to think about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ade,

I didn't hear that part last night. Not sure how you feel about moving from Michigan but the weather has definately got to be a bit more moderate in the Dc area- think we had less than 5 inches of snow this year total. The ocean is an hour or two away depending on where you settle and the mountains are even closer.
I enjoyed your company last night and hope to run into you again in the future- let us know when you are headed back this way.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 6th, 2008, 03:49 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
Ade,

I didn't hear that part last night. Not sure how you feel about moving from Michigan but the weather has definately got to be a bit more moderate in the Dc area- think we had less than 5 inches of snow this year total. The ocean is an hour or two away depending on where you settle and the mountains are even closer.
I enjoyed your company last night and hope to run into you again in the future- let us know when you are headed back this way.
Weather is on the PROS side, that's for sure! I'll definitely give you guys a heads up when I'm in town again.
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Robbie Donaldson
Robbie Donaldson
1995 Discovery

had a good time last night too. great turnout. glad to see some old faces and meet some new. sorry had to bail so early last night. definitely interested in a trail ride or sat summer hang out. 110s were an awesome sight to see. and who's pimpin the new range rover? very nice
Old March 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

That was Brian (guy sitting next to me). That is one sweet truck, and after hanging out in the parking lot for 30 mins, it sure was nice getting into those heated seat!!
Old March 6th, 2008, 06:28 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Ade, good meeting you too!

Matt and Scott bow your heads in shame. Ade came all the way from Michigan for this happy hour.

Jonathan - no excuse you slacker. Batchin it and missed a happy hour... 50 pushups soldier.

Tyler, no-one believes you still have a D90. That prius looked pretty sweet BTW.

Old March 6th, 2008, 11:02 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin

Matt and Scott bow your heads in shame. Ade came all the way from Michigan for this happy hour.

Jonathan - no excuse you slacker. Batchin it and missed a happy hour... 50 pushups soldier.

Tyler, no-one believes you still have a D90. That prius looked pretty sweet BTW.

At least its got heat and good gas mileage!
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old March 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover
At least its got heat and good gas mileage!
ROFL. Ok, to anyone who thinks I'm serious about him having a prius instead of a Defender, I'm joking....

It's a '85 corolla hatchback.

All, on the 22nd I'm having a wrenching party which I hope turns into a social after. So if you can make the haul down, please do.

charles
Old March 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Your going to come home one day and find your Honda gone and my corolla in its place. Count me in on the 22nd.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old March 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Looks like I'm available on the 22nd as well. Look forward to a primer on setting up ARB's.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 7th, 2008, 09:49 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Awesome, I'd love a arles blue corolla with a badger top.
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Interested in taking a trip to Raush Creek this Sunday?
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:26 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Not this week sorry. That's a long way for a day trip too.
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:01 AM
APaden
Anthony Paden
Help me fill this please!

You all need to let me know when we want to plan a day a Lia's! If it is a weekend, everyone should feel free to bring their families (we all need a DD for the ride home), we are very family friendly. Sorry I couldnt make this last Happy Hour, business is busy and we are short one manager. But, lets definitely plan a day to come to Lia's (www.liasrestaurant.com) and hang out. BTW, the owner of my building (and the JBG company) owns a 95. He said he thinks the only thing original on it is the frame, so I will definitely let him know when it is so we can check out his rig. He also owns a prestine FJ. And an 07 Cayanne Turbo, and a... I guess thats what happens when you can afford all the toys you want. But he is really cool guy, so I will let him know about it. Lets plan, drink, eat, and drink!

Seattle, WA

Old March 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Quote:

Except I was at a meeting getting approval for a certain project - one I ranted about here loudly a few months ago. I'd miss a dozen happy hours to get approvals at those meetings... besides I had my own happy hour when I got home from the meeting.

I'll make a HH one of these days.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Bad Timing..

Quote:
All, on the 22nd I'm having a wrenching party which I hope turns into a social after. So if you can make the haul down, please do.

charles
Hey Charles,

Did you realize when you planned this that the next day is Easter Sunday? I was hoping to make it down, meet some people, get some advice on some of my 90's issues, etc, until I realized that it was the day before Easter. My wife probably would not be there when I returned if I left her alone to prepare for family coming over for Easter. Bad timing for me, I guess I'll have to catch up with the NOVA gang on another occasion..

Old March 18th, 2008, 08:47 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Bring her!
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Charles, what are you guys planning to work on and did you send directions to your place earlier in the thread?

Clay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
happy hour, virginia