Midwest Rover Rally - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Midwest Rover Rally

May 17-19, 2013
Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana
First and foremost this is a low key event. This event is being hosted by not one club but being organized by four clubs; the Chicago Land Rover Club, Green Oval Guild, Miami Valley Land Rover Society, and St Louis Land Rover Club. The reason for the event is to give Land Rover enthusiasts in the greater Midwest area an opportunity to gather and wheel together without having to drive 12+ hours. The Badlands is a great venue due to its centralized location; itís about a 4 hour drive from Chicago, St Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Columbus, and so on. Badlands is a reclaimed rock quarry and offers a great variety of terrain. Thereís giant sand and pea gravel dunes, a large rock garden to play around in, mud, creeks, trees, etc.
As mentioned above this event is low key. No registration to fill out and no memberships to buy. All you need to pay for is your admission to the park, accommodations, and food. The emphasis of this event is meeting new people, wheeling, and having a great time. This is the first year for this event, with many more to come hopefully.
The event will run all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The park is open 9-7 Friday and Saturday, 9-5 on Sunday. Weíll meet in the upper parking lot at 9am each day and would like to be on the trails by 9:30am. Members of the clubs will be available to lead, or at least make sure you can find your way back.
Saturday at noon there will be a flex contest on the Badlands RTI ramp. Come flex it out! J

Accommodations:
Attica Family Campground is located literally about 100 yards from Badlands. They have agreed to set aside an area towards the back that we can have. This will be the primary camping/gathering area. Scenery isnít its strong point but itís very close and can accommodate a large group. You can start reserving spots in April.
Turkey Run and Shades State Parks are much more scenic but are located about 30 minutes away and have no group camp sites. These State Parks are great for hiking and exploring if youíre looking for a change of pace from wheeling.

Links:
Badlands Off Road Park
Attica Family Campground
Event Map

This event is open to everybody, not just members of the respective clubs. Each truck will need an Orange flag. They are for sale at the park or a $3 bicycle flag from WalMart works too.
Please post up any questions or comments.
Hope to see you out there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2013, 12:58 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I may try and attend this. That would be fun.

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:04 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

We're definitely hoping for a good turn out. Nice weather would help, too. Hope to see you there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishEH View Post
We're definitely hoping for a good turn out. Nice weather would help, too. Hope to see you there!
Maybe you can pick me up a few pounds of Portillo's for me. :-)

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Maybe you can pick me up a few pounds of Portillo's for me. :-)
Absolutely! I'd be happy to. Just let me know. Their Italian beef is a Christmas Eve tradition at our house.
Are you a Chicago native?
Old February 26th, 2013, 05:10 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I am a Chicago native... So, I always crave good food that the deep south don't/can't provide. I miss the Pizza, hot dogs, Italian Beef, and all the ethnic pockets down town.

Old February 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
I am a Chicago native... So, I always crave good food that the deep south don't/can't provide. I miss the Pizza, hot dogs, Italian Beef, and all the ethnic pockets down town.
We have relatives outside Atlanta. They come up every year and look forward to Portillos and pizza.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:08 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Official event website.
http://midwestlandroverrally.com/
Feel free to RSVP so we can get a rough headcount. Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events