Mar 2010 - Page 19 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old October 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
The club had permission. Mr Adamson arrived during the day Saturday and found people on the property after the out of bounds incident and his phone call with Chuck closing the property to the club for the weekend. Cassel Jr was @ the mud pit Saturday afternoon and Sr was @ Willow Hill Saturday evening . Sounds like more substantial barriers need to be put up to keep certain idiots in black 90's where they are supposed to be.
I just got off the phone with a guy. Let's just say he is pretty close with the owner of the property. It sounds as if there is some missing information in this ROAV at Pearl's Pond deal.

Don't worry, the shit will hit the fan soon enough. I'll give ROAV the opportunity to tell their side of the story, first. Everyone thinks I'm an asshole for telling it how it really is, and if I spill the beans too soon then I'll just be the asshole I am. But if ROAV wants to man-up and tell the story then so be it. But if they don't, I've got some telling e-mails in my box already. I'd expect more before it's over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Sorry to go back "on-topic".........

I have a lot of HD video footage that I hope to get uploaded somewhere later this week or early next week. Does anybody know when the Lucky 8 guys are going to upload their Video they had in the banquet tent. I also enjoyed the giveaways and the auction.

I dont quite remember the name but somebody had a keg of beer they where sharing... THANKS!! (it was located behind the lucky 8 tent).

Had a great time and the hole (trial) near the big tent and watching almost everybody have to get winched out, including myself and the Rovers North Truck... A hand ful of Disco's and Series trucks made it, but the LWB trucks had a difficult time.....
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Buyrovers
Chuck Leimone
1984 Land Rover 110 Soft Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Sorry to go back "on-topic".........

I have a lot of HD video footage that I hope to get uploaded somewhere later this week or early next week. Does anybody know when the Lucky 8 guys are going to upload their Video they had in the banquet tent. I also enjoyed the giveaways and the auction.

I dont quite remember the name but somebody had a keg of beer they where sharing... THANKS!! (it was located behind the lucky 8 tent).

Had a great time and the hole (trial) near the big tent and watching almost everybody have to get winched out, including myself and the Rovers North Truck... A hand ful of Disco's and Series trucks made it, but the LWB trucks had a difficult time.....

Took my 110 through it, but I was kinda cheating...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
sorry I missed it
Old October 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

MAR pictures are up:

http://solaros1.smugmug.com/Land-Rov...32894840_M3pdQ

Old October 5th, 2010, 07:08 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackW View Post
Great pics.
Old October 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Yes very nice indeed. Thanks Jack.
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM
JackW
Jack Walter
1966 109 SW Diesel

Thanks - I just uploaded all of them rather than try to weed out the good and bad ones figuring that somebody out there would rather have a bad picture of their truck than none at all. Be sure to click on the X2, X3 or O (original) tabs at the top of the page once you have the picture you're interested in in the box on the right side of the screen to view it in a larger size.

If you like the look of the smugmug photo hosting website - WAY better than photobucket - you can use my coupon code sLLlYcdNcsg8Q to save $5 on the subscription fee or just go here:

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg...=sLLlYcdNcsg8Q

One of the main reasons I signed up for smugmug over some of the other photo hosting sites other than ease of use and no BS is that the site is run by the guy who started the Adventure Rider website www.advrider.com - one of my favorite sites to get lost in reading about trips to distant places.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Jack those are fantastic pictures. Really makes me want to make the drive from Chicago to the East for some wheeling and socializing.
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred View Post
Jack those are fantastic pictures. Really makes me want to make the drive from Chicago to the East for some wheeling and socializing.
Clarence you should. I gave a ride to a fellow from Chicago who flew in for the event. He wanted to get up to the top of the hill (by the barn in the photo's) to see if he could get cell service-dropped him off but pretty sure it made no difference.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Mar 2010

Not sure if these have been posted here or not -

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rs/MAR%202010/
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Robbie Donaldson
Robbie Donaldson
1995 Discovery

so anyone know the story with the calf? also, not sure if anyone noticed in Lucky8's video they posted on Facebook and showed at dinner on Saturday, but look at 2:26 and you will see a dog hit on the trail. with the livestock at Willow Hill and seeing that, shouldn't there be rules and more restrictions on dogs at MAR?

video:
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Calf

The calf was a newborn left by its mother, found on friday morning- basically dying in the weeds on one of the trails. The animal was picked up and transported to the main farm yard. The farmer / owner was contacted. They gave the calf a shot or two of something, it was reunited with its mother and when we left on sunday, it was doing fine.

Dogs seemed fine on the trails- I am sure that the vehicles do more to scare the livestock than the dogs do.

------ Follow up post added October 6th, 2010 12:39 PM ------

I just watched the video again - and I agree with you RObbie- it would seem that the dog should have been kept on a leash or in a vehicle being that close to the trail.

My dog stayed in the back of my truck during the trail rides (black and white dog in the back of the red D90).
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Dogs are always an issue @ any gathering where they are left to roam around vehicles. There were three dogs running around Jonathans 110 when he was climbing the rti ramp-ie ran under the truck. Not cool of the owner to put the animals in harms way when they know the driver can't see a thing.I stood there and watched in wide eyed wonder, not of how high Wolf got up the ramp, but the dog owners thought process. Jonathan handled it well.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Robbie Donaldson
Robbie Donaldson
1995 Discovery

glad to hear the calf wasn't injured from one of us or from that lab jumping around in the picture, that was my fear. i really have no problems with dogs at MAR, as long as they are kept under control, even if that means tethered. i am a dog lover and have had dogs since i was born, but i have never brought my dog to MAR as i don't want to run any unnecessary risks.
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:12 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Do you still have the boler jack? I don't see it in the pictures.
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:41 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbartley1 View Post
The calf was a newborn left by its mother, found on friday morning- basically dying in the weeds on one of the trails. The animal was picked up and transported to the main farm yard. The farmer / owner was contacted. They gave the calf a shot or two of something, it was reunited with its mother and when we left on sunday, it was doing fine.

Dogs seemed fine on the trails- I am sure that the vehicles do more to scare the livestock than the dogs do.

------ Follow up post added October 6th, 2010 12:39 PM ------

I just watched the video again - and I agree with you RObbie- it would seem that the dog should have been kept on a leash or in a vehicle being that close to the trail.

My dog stayed in the back of my truck during the trail rides (black and white dog in the back of the red D90).

We saw the calf on the trail on Thursday at lunch time(I was the first on the trails.... I told the land owner, and he contacted the rancher right then....

There where way to many dogs not on leashes there... A certain pit bull who was on a leash almost made lunch out of a few wandering dogs (dogs that strayed into our camp.)
Old October 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I love dogs like most people do, but ones that aren't on leashes can cause trouble, even if the dog is friendly. I don't want a friendly dog coming up to my dog because mine will split the other dog in two. Also some children might be scared of dogs, and I would hate to see kids scared to run around because of this.

I am all for everyone having fun but if your dog is running around the place they can cause trouble for others even though the dogs are friendly.

I had mine on a leash the whole time just out of concern for others and their families.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:02 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Donaldson View Post
so anyone know the story with the calf? also, not sure if anyone noticed in Lucky8's video they posted on Facebook and showed at dinner on Saturday, but look at 2:26 and you will see a dog hit on the trail. with the livestock at Willow Hill and seeing that, shouldn't there be rules and more restrictions on dogs at MAR?

video:
Awesome video.... Lucky 8 did a great job.

I had to look twice for the dog... good eye.
Old October 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

I think Two maybe three of the dogs were the farm workers dogs that have free run of the farm. One found his way into Paul's tent one night, hound dog, just warming up the bed for him.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events