Mar 2010 - Page 17 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:17 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
#1 Me
#2 behind me - Slaughter, Bobeck and Doug
Nice - looks like everyone is having fun. What part of NJ is Slaughter from? That's a cool looking 110.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:18 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Bergen county
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:20 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Here are a few pics for you day dreamers. The trails were pretty muddy early Friday, but started to dry off by mid-day. We did get to run a few trails on Pearl Pond, but it ended up being closed later on Friday due to the jackassery of a few.

Great pics. That off-camber section looks a little tricky/fun. How'd your 110 do? Looks like it going good thru the slop pit in the pic. Is that your old blue 90 all the way to the left in the group pic? I think you had it at Rausch/Rover on the Rocks right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Great pics. That off-camber section looks a little tricky/fun. How'd your 110 do? Looks like it going good thru the slop pit in the pic. Is that your old blue 90 all the way to the left in the group pic? I think you had it at Rausch/Rover on the Rocks right?
\\

The 110 did fine, I was fairly conservative. I got a lot of HD video footage over the weekend. The guys in my group where on 35's and 37's so had no worries if I got stuck. It was nice running with the Rovers North group with thier PUMA 110. The water crossings on Thursday where awesome... I got good video of that as well. It will take some time to edit the stuff but I will get it up with a lot of help from Dan.
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
#1 Me
#2 behind me - Slaughter, Bobeck and Doug
Dan was leading on the driveway out - he got smart and didn't want to be behind three diesels anymore.

------ Follow up post added October 4th, 2010 09:52 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
I thought the same thing... I guess no coverage.
The only person who's phones worked in our group had Sprint- they had full service. I drove all the way to Charlottesville-25 miles before Att kicked back in.
Kenny develops cell towers and said he pulled the area up and there aren't any furture plans to improve things there-its a black hole service wise. I liked being unavailable. Charles on the other hand, not so much.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Where were the water crossings?

I found out on the first trail that my CDL wasn't engaging. First time that has ever happened. I need to add confirmation of CDL engagement as part of my pre-trip checklist next time. Last time I was off-road it was working fine, so I'm not sure what has slipped out of adjustment. It took about 20-30 "WTF?" before I realized what was going on. I followed the Puma through something that should have been no issue, and ended up embarrased. On a positive note, I was able to use my winch for the very first time.

The CDL issue pretty much cut my trail rides short. I learned that without CDL, I might as well be driving a mini-van in mud.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
mud ruts
Chris Ray
97 Disco

You should have brought it to the L8 tent we were fixing trucks there. Next year there will be a sign.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:21 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post

I found out on the first trail that my CDL wasn't engaging. First time that has ever happened. I need to add confirmation of CDL engagement as part of my pre-trip checklist next time. Last time I was off-road it was working fine, so I'm not sure what has slipped out of adjustment. It took about 20-30 "WTF?" before I realized what was going on. I followed the Puma through something that should have been no issue, and ended up embarrased. On a positive note, I was able to use my winch for the very first time.

The CDL issue pretty much cut my trail rides short. I learned that without CDL, I might as well be driving a mini-van in mud.
The are a we pulled you out had much less water on it on Thursday.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud ruts View Post
You should have brought it to the L8 tent we were fixing trucks there. Next year there will be a sign.
Damn! Oh well. This was my family's 2nd camping trip ever, and 1st camping trip for more than 1 night, so the event was more for them then me..and hence more pony rides and throwing sticks in the river, then trail rides.

next time will likely be a man trip and 100% trail rides and socializing.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:31 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Charles on the other hand, not so much.
I was fine with zero service from att. My issue was there was no way of communicating with people locally. So for example I wasted half a day waiting for my wife to arrive because she got lost and I had no idea of her arrival time. Or that someone on the board asked me to bring a part down and they never found me to get it. Or someone wanted me to bring a part back, but L8 couldn't just call me and tell me they were not going to leave it ithout me being there (I assume).

I guess half of that could be solved with a low tech message board. Call my wife is a separate issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
On Thursday and Sunday you could take trail 1 iirc which was down at the river. After the rain thurs night the water level was too high. I don't think I have any pictures, but others in my group should have.
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
The are a we pulled you out had much less water on it on Thursday.
BTW, to all involved in pulling me out and through, thank you very much. The family fun meter was dwindling at that point, so I had to scat after the recovery.
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
US Cellular has the only local coverage. I had full signal everywhere on the property. When I moved there 2-1/2 years ago Verizon dropped me with no questions asked b/c they did not support the area.

Had several friends use my phone during the weekend and kept getting calls from random people looking for their friends.

If in the future (if they are still there next year) come find me and you can use my phone for anything you need.
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
lobster
Rob Goodall
1995 D90

great time! It was a nice change being able to drive home, except Maverick in his RR riding my ass, down 652. Keith hope you got your bolt on sorry you didn't get to win the trophy, trust me that is a good thing!
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:41 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
lobster any pics? Saw what happened to yours last year, and wondering what you did to your truck over the past year.
Old October 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen216 View Post
US Cellular has the only local coverage. I had full signal everywhere on the property. When I moved there 2-1/2 years ago Verizon dropped me with no questions asked b/c they did not support the area.

Had several friends use my phone during the weekend and kept getting calls from random people looking for their friends.

If in the future (if they are still there next year) come find me and you can use my phone for anything you need.

Sprint/Nextel works great down there. My police radio doesn't even work at Valley and Main St. In Scottsville but my nextel does.
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:32 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster View Post
great time! It was a nice change being able to drive home, except Maverick in his RR riding my ass, down 652. Keith hope you got your bolt on sorry you didn't get to win the trophy, trust me that is a good thing!
Hell of a great time as always. Yeah, got the caliber bolt on. Glad it wasn't the CV for sure! No trophy this time!
Old October 4th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Any idea who the two guys were in a black 95/97 softtop and a white 90 who buzzed the Adamson's house @ 7:30 am after accessing the Pearls Pond property by lifting up the tape and entering banned areas ? The club was granted access to the property if they stayed away from the house. Ruined Saturday for the entire Rally (198 other rigs) when Mr Adamson closed his property to the club due to the behaviour of a few inconsiderate cowboys.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 4th, 2010, 12:48 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
No, but count me in on a good public shaming session once we do find out.

charles
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
Any idea who the two guys were in a black 95/97 softtop and a white 90 who buzzed the Adamson's house @ 7:30 am after accessing the Pearls Pond property by lifting up the tape and entering banned areas ? The club was granted access to the property if they stayed away from the house. Ruined Saturday for the entire Rally (198 other rigs) when Mr Adamson closed his property to the club due to the behaviour of a few inconsiderate cowboys.
We should have told him it was a black jeep, and finally get the common mistake working "for us".
Old October 4th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Chris Vitale
Chris
'95 D90 ST 2.8L TDi #2050

How about a little love for those of us who regrettably were unable to attend?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events