LR Richmond December event - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Old November 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM
ukoffroad
Chuck Yarbrough
67 IIA

LR Richmond December event

East Botha and the dealership have scheduled an event there, if interested contact them to reserve a spot, they have all the details. I am posting this for him, ROAV will be there to open the property and show folks around.

Land Rover of Richmond
Winter Off Road Event: Airy Hill Farm, Caroline Co.

Jump in the car and enjoy a day outdoors on us.

That's right, this Winter's quarterly lifestyle event is FREE to attend. Just bring your own vehicle and get ready for an afternoon of dirty fun for the whole family. We'll be trekking to Airy Hill Farm, a sprawling 700-acre property in Caroline County that boasts an impressive off-road circuit of trails.

You can count on Sunday, December 13th as being a date this holiday season that will be easy on your wallet. So SAVE THE DATE and call Leisa at 378-8018 to reserve a spot today.

We've eliminated all event fees to encourage increased participation, so we hope you can join us for a beautiful day of camaraderie, fun and of course, mud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

I'm sitting in my 90 right now watching LR3's and a Freelander get stuck on the trails that lead to the trails.

We haven't made it far at all today thanks to these VA rains. The food by LR Richmond is the high point of the day. Very nice folks.
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Hopefully the pics that were taken from my truck capture the hilarity of today's event; all I have on my camera is some bad ones with rain drops on the lense and then me looking pissed b/c I'm soaked after getting done as the tail end of Trail 1 (which took well over an hour to do).

The trek through the soybean field road was too funny. Good times, and proof that the venue's trails do vary greatly depending on the weather. Good to meet everyone though. Cory that was your green 90 right? (If so, we met at the top of one of the hills where you strapped up but the LR3 ended up using enough skinny pedal to get through).
r-
Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

That was me. It was a heck of a day. The soy bean field was comical. It was like watching lemmings run off a cliff. It was such a long wait that I logged onto the forum to whine while waiting.

The family in the LR3 had a good time and I'll be honest and say I was impressed with its capabilities. He had problems on that hill because he had his downhill assist on -- limiting him to 5 mph when he was trying to gain momentum to make it out of the ravine. Once he figured it out, he made it, street tires and all.
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
this thread is useless with out pictures

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 15th, 2009, 09:11 PM
ukoffroad
Chuck Yarbrough
67 IIA

I took no pics, just spent the day talkting to JB and watching people surf for traction. Sun broke about halfway home.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Trips, Trails and Events

Tags
event